Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
6 hours ago, windashine said:

mornin'... light coming up on the horizon

Thanks, glad to see there are still witnesses to that, I only got to see it once in the last year when going fishing in Florida a month or two ago. 

Fishing is the only reason worth waking up at  those times, except for maby  something like in that dream I had once. :blush:

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, babadono said:

First one to hear from @Tarheel let us all know.

Bluseboy posted this 5 hours ago in the CC&C thread. Great news, mostly

I just got a text from Chuck's lady friend. They are both fine although they are a bit worried about possible flooding at Chuck's house. LF says her house is on higher ground and should be alright. I'm hoping to hear from Chuck this weekend providing he has a line to call out on.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dtel said:

Bluseboy posted this 5 hours ago in the CC&C thread. Great news, mostly

I just got a text from Chuck's lady friend. They are both fine although they are a bit worried about possible flooding at Chuck's house. LF says her house is on higher ground and should be alright. I'm hoping to hear from Chuck this weekend providing he has a line to call out on.

I texted him this morning, sending prayers from Chris and I to the LF and doggie as well   ^_^..........  There has been no response just yet.....  But thanks for sharing that news with us dTel.......  :emotion-21:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, rplace said:

Good Sunday morning. No hurricane remnants up my way, which I'm fine with. Just  and Grant Green's Idle Moments.

Good morning! Opened fresh 3lb. can of Colombian dark roast. MMMMMMMMMM

• Like 2

On 9/14/2018 at 7:14 PM, Tigerman said:

I texted him this morning, sending prayers from Chris and I to the LF and doggie as well   ^_^..........  There has been no response just yet.....  But thanks for sharing that news with us dTel.......  :emotion-21:

How did you text him?  LF number?  His number is a land line.

• Sad 1

We've had 4.9 inches of rain since yesterday morning according to the weather underground station three blocks away that I value.

Not astronomical, but it's been blustery and cooler. My time on the bike tells me that we had 45 to 50 mph gusts several times when I was out gathering limbs in the yard.

Today I'm sticking with the first quart of colombian peaberry from Volcanica, yesterday we had second coffee around 9. That's a good priced decent place to get your beans, it's in Atlanta and they roast the day you order then ship it. Running out soon, got Jamaican Blue Mtn coming in next.

It is pouring down and has been constantly since before the sun came up today. We might make it to 8 or 10 inches total if it keeps this up like the radar shows it will.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

We've had 4.9 inches of rain since yesterday morning according to the weather underground station three blocks away that I value.

Not astronomical, but it's been blustery and cooler. My time on the bike tells me that we had 45 to 50 mph gusts several times when I was out gathering limbs in the yard.

Today I'm sticking with the first quart of colombian peaberry from Volcanica, yesterday we had second coffee around 9. That's a good priced decent place to get your beans, it's in Atlanta and they roast the day you order then ship it. Running out soon, got Jamaican Blue Mtn coming in next.

It is pouring down and has been constantly since before the sun came up today. We might make it to 8 or 10 inches total if it keeps this up like the radar shows it will.

Sounds like the spring in south east TX.  I hope it dries up soon for you.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Not before my boots get stained orange from sinking into our mushy clay earth here!

Do ya'll have a sandy soil like the eastern part of the Carolinas do?

It's supposed to quit raining tomorrow:smile:

It's coming up here to the north east tomorrow night. Hope it rains itself out, by the time it hits here!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KROCK said:

It's coming up here to the north east tomorrow night. Hope it rains itself out, by the time it hits here!

We have clay but they call it gumbo. When it's saturated you can dig it but it sticks to everything.   When it's dry it's like concrete.

• Like 3

@KROCK I doubt it will dry out before it gets to CA! Checked our paper's website. Several sites around town out of 72 are reporting close to 7" since yesterday now.    Gully washer.                                                               

@CECAA850 ours is red clay here, what you're talking about I've seen around and I hate it. We call it bull tallow, and if you walk around in it when saturated each foot could end up weighing forty pounds and being 2' X 2' X 2' blocks because it's so sticky.

• Like 2

Ha!  Have to slip over to a LF's place and try to figure out how to get her new fridge into the "hole" in the wall...  Seems as though it's 1/4" too tall...  Hahaha!  Her thought is to knock a 1/4" outta the plaster ceiling in the "hole."  lololol...  Wheels off first maybe...  Should be interesting though especially since she just got her nails done!  😂

• Sad 1