Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I'm baking my two frozen Unos pizzas now, it can last for weeks without refrigeration!

Got a lb of frozen Neeses sausage, it's thawing for sausage/cheese balls with bisquick.

If power goes out the rest can cook on the gas stove or the charcoal grill.

Picked up a case of gatorade, doubt we'll lose water but have three extra gallons I pulled through all the filters.

Geeze, glad I don't live beach side in Daytona anymore I'd be doing a lot more!

• Like 3

Just now, Jeff Matthews said:

Take important papers with you, such as estate planning docs, birth certificates, business records, etc.

If you don't have all of those and I'm sure you're thinking of ins. docs too.... in a fireproof, watertight lock box already you're in trouble now!

• Like 1

I hear dishwashers are watertight and a good place for important paper work.  Take papers out before doing dishes!

Nice day here...sunny and hot.  Went out to try to get one last meal out but the choices were thin.  Went to a bar-b-q restaurant with an "open" sign and one car in the lot....closed.   Went to chick-fil-a with a sign on the door saying they were closing at 3:00 Wednesday....closed at 11:40am.

Filled the Z4 to the top....not that you can go anywhere on post storm roads but it's good to sit in the car in AC for a bit now and then.

LF and Jake made it out fine and are going to a neighborhood get together at 5.....I guess to soothe each others nerves.

Her neighborhood where I am is like a ghost town.  Did blast some Keb Mo through her system for a bit.

Now just sit and wait.......

• Like 3

On a positive note we went out to dinner last night with our usual Tuesday dinner group.  The owner stopped by to chat and I told him the ABC stores closed at noon on Tuesday and I was caught by surprise.  He went to the back and put a fifth of Maker's Mark in a bag and gave it to me.  Would not let me pay him!   

• Like 5

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I hear dishwashers are watertight and a good place for important paper work. 

But they also float :ohmy: But good idea.

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I'm baking my two frozen Unos pizzas now, it can last for weeks without refrigeration!

Mcdonalds hamburgers last for years unrefrigerated, but that's getting really desperate, last resort. :mellow:

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

It probably consists of a case of olives and a weeks worth of ice.

Or olive oil and, oh nevermind I forgot the LF left town, your idea is better. 

6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Following dtel's advice I dressed in a bathing suit and football helmet......should be good🙄

Now that would be funny, I felt sorry for my neighbor. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1