Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

33 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

As to John Wick I thought 1 & 2 were good.  3 was so ridiculous I turned it off after about 100 bodies or so.  Hoping 4 will be better.

We watched Extraction 2 and turned it off halfway through for the same reason. Heatpoundiing but just too much.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marvel said:

I think you're doing better than I did... I'm just starting to understand this stuff.

That's funny!  Try having two daughters if you want to increase your stress level.  I STILL don't have them figured out.  With age comes wisdom?  I call BS!  My youngest is 26 and has never listened to much classic rock it's all been boom boom rap, yet we roll into that Eagles show a couple years ago and it's sing along time AND she knew every word to every song they played.  What AM I missing?   😂

• Haha 2

On 7/7/2023 at 5:54 PM, Tarheel said:

LF two days gone to Australia and me and the dog are already bored as hell. 

Hey @Full Range you haven't seen heels LF wandering around down under yet or is there something going on we don't know about?  Inquiring minds wanna know...  😂

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Hey @Full Range you haven't seen heels LF wandering around down under yet or is there something going on we don't know about?  Inquiring minds wanna know...  😂

Depends on where the LF is in this giant country 

It’s so big one can loose someone in the back yard ( yea that was tongue in cheek ) 

But seriously it can happen 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yup, that's the way it rolls @Marvel  My girls are both great kids I just shake my head when I see me surfacing.  lol 

The youngest decided she was going to Coachella when she was at OSU.  Some ballers she knew won some 3 on 3 tourney and picked up 100k so they were payin for the airfare. 

Then she and her roomate realized the tickets were off the charts so called me whining a bit.  I laffed and told her to find the weakest link in the fencing around the place and smooth the the dumbest looking dude in a security shirt tell him to close his eyes and go blind for one minute.  Then I told her it was up and over the snow fence with the first one over holding it down for the rest.  The next thing I saw was after it was over.  It was a post on instagram.  "Yea, we got in for free but I don't know how long it's gonna take us to heal after going up and over the fence.  Thanks Dad!"  I just shook my head.  A chip off the old block for sure.  :)  I had to google it to find out what Coachella even was.  That security dude didn't know what hit him and prolly didn't care.  😂  Gotta preach n teach!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Try having two daughters

I grew up in an estrogen rich environment. 3 sisters...Dad and I were the only males.... Women and men just think differently. That simple.

I love women... but, I'll never understand them. 

Coachella??? In the hottest, driest part of CA's desert... after Death Valley. They grow dates around there.

Dates don't do well under 120`F.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Coachella??? In the hottest, driest part of CA's desert... after Death Valley. They grow dates around there.

Dates don't do well under 120`F

I NEVER did anything stupid when I was young.  Did you?   😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

Dates don't do well under 120`F.

Fort Pulaski, on the Georgia coast grew dates in the inside perimeter of the fort for food. The plant has died but they have left it there to point it out to visitors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

I NEVER did anything stupid when I was young.  Did you?   😂

You mean like putting 5 people on a Honda 100 and riding around?

nope...  we never did anything silly.

A friend had to buy a door for a taxi after he smashed it while we were playing ditch 'em on bicycles

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

I kind of like John Coltrane, but my wife, a trained musician, hates his music. 

Until I saw this clip about Giant Steps, I didn't realize it is that JC's music complexity  drives musicians crazy:

https://www.facebook.com/reel/652690813418391?s=yWDuG2&fs=e

My dad was approached by a classically trained clarinetist for music lessons. She wanted him to teach her to play jazz. It didn't go too well. 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Don't tell me... it froze at 50`

I was mistaken... they grew figs (which don't like cold weather either).

They were growing figs during the American Civil War. Don't know when the fig plant died. It's gray remains are in the front left of the pic.

20211127_125007~2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Man, I've spent the week searching the www, calling folks and realtors. It's used several GBs on the phone and long hours. Even started looking in other states, KY had a couple cool cabins in my budget but just moving that far would be $$. Always something, gotta keep on rolling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Siri is more up to date than I. Asked her three times to find “Peterson Air Force Base”. Came up blank. Reason? This facility is now “Peterson Space Force Base”. 
  Alla dat to say that the ID card section there is Prime. Pats ID card had expired and mine was short time. Got in and out in less than an hour.
 Technology is great. Either the imaging is way better, or I have finally gotten as ugly as a gummint photo. The pic on the card looks like me!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

got the wife back home. The dust is settling. Her vacation wasn't much relaxing. A lot of things going on in her fam... 

I was tending the garden yesterday ... a hummingbird was checking me out.  It flew around my head and stopped right in my face. Eye-to-eye. It couldn't have been more than 6in from my face. It hovered there for 15 seconds or so.It was pretty cool. I don't encourage them to get friendly. The cats ...

• Like 3