Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

if you're worried about masculine image, sling an AK or cane knife over your shoulder. Nobody will give you grief.

No, but if I wore it with high heels and makeup it would be another story, a sad, ugly, lonely story.  

• Haha 5

***Spoiler alert***

Watching JW 4.  More killings than ever.  A couple of nods to the old movie The Warriors with the black female DJ with the sultry voice playing No Where to Hide and Painted Black and encouraging Wicks violent end.  Reel to Reel with Maxell tapes playing the tunes.  2/3 through as it's a long one at 2 hours and 50 minutes.

• Like 4

And here I thought making second coffee today was worth posting. I've gotten to where I can hitch my belt on the 4th hole the past couple of weeks. Felt different this morning *(might be the cannolis) so I did three laps around the cul-de-sac before it got to be 90.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 4

First, it doesn't bother me much to be in Manila, although the boundaries between 1st world and 3rd world weave together evervwhere. It's 9:30 am and 89 degrees ouside. The bigger problem is the 91% humidity. Walk a quarter block to the 7-Eleven from stepson's college apartment and you need another shower...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday, we left early to visit a shrine and go to church and it took 2 1/2 hrs to get there. Of course it was south of Manila and we're on the north side of Metro Manila.

Where we went was enough away from all the concrete a d lots more trees. The breeze was delightful.

• Like 5

I'm starting to get where Chattanooga is too big a town. I could really like somewhere like where Josh is in NC. Wife and I still need to work a little longer though and no one is interested in having someone my age working for them.

Metro Manila is over 13 million now. It does make going to a couple of the malls interesting. One of the cpomanies which has more than one mall is SM (started out as a shoe store - SHOE MART). Three levels, and I counted over 5 optical/eyeglass stores, massive grocery, thirty restaraunts, electronics, music stores. Multiple home furnishing businesses. All doing good business. Huge Ace Hardware... plenty of staff to help and they don't disappear when you turn around to ask questions.

• Like 5

All quiet in Duckburg.  County fair starts today, which is always a hoot when 'dem farmer's come to town.  The downside?  Time to lock down cause some of those travellin carneys will be on the prowl.  The cops will stay busy but by the time they're onto something the thieves are long gone.

More wildfire smoke heading in thiis week, which will be another treat for the lungs.  Can't wait to see the lumber prices go up again.  

On the other side of the coin the coffee's good.  Carry on.  :)

• Like 3

I was beginning to wonder if I was needing to use alternate methods to make coffee this AM.

We had a bit of a storm yesterday afternoon. The electricity went down.

managed to find the manual can opener for/to make dinner When it didn't come back on by evening, it started looking serious. At 3:30 AM, lights came on.

I was starting to think about building a fire and digging out the stovetop percolator Whew!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I was starting to think about building a fire and digging out the stovetop percolator Whew!

From the looks of the weather out your way just forget the fire and sit it outside for 30 minutes or so.  lol  You should be out of sarongs soon me thinks.  Could just go nekkie and get a few looks.  Start a new fad in the hood.  😂

Lil rain came thru last nite and I did get one Powerball number right on my $3 ticket.  Things are looking up!  :)

• Haha 3

funny thing about our summer record high temps... they are only 10`+ the average. I guess it can only get so warm at this elevation. In the winter ... the record highs are ~20`+ average.

I was up at 1:30AM stumbling around. I figured the juice would be back on by then....Boy, it is dark... Had a smoke and a cup of day old/cold coffee,... contemplating dusting off the hand crank coffee grinder. That thing makes you work for your coffee...

• Like 3

We had that West Canadian smoke down here yesterday. Funny because the air quality alert thing is for today I see less of it around the corners in the shade of the trees today. Yesterday the smoke was hanging everywhere and I turned off the recirculation in my new ride.

• Like 1