Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

9 minutes ago, dtel said:

Jeep SUV and had a pair of Heresy's in the bac

Think Nissan!  lolol  Grands are still divin in the back yet.  Soooo NOT doin the speaker in and out thing!  Zero chances of that happening. Been a crash dummy all my life.    lol

• Haha 4

• Moderators

Besides being tired of half of the back space used by the speakers I always wondered how bad it would be to be hit in the head by a flying Heresy or two. But I did take the chance for a couple years.

• Haha 3

I listen all the time in my vehicle. In the previous few also because if I can't feel and hear that good 10 or 11:00 to 1 compression V8 purring for me. I got to have music! It was Leslie West today on my 120 mi round trip to see a home with a crack, a quarter inch wide going through mortar and the center of bricks from the ground all the way to the gutter. I called that fella. Told him not to bother coming out because I was there an hour early. Neighborhoods nice, but this house had a foundation problem. See ya haha!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Besides being tired of half of the back space used by the speakers I always wondered how bad it would be to be hit in the head by a flying Heresy or two. But I did take the chance for a couple years.

I remember my uncle telling me how he came upon a wreck one day where some college guys had to hit the brakes to avoid running into someone and the house speakers they had on their rear deck flew forward and beaned the driver and passenger pretty good to where they needed a hospital visit.

• Like 3

Lil football news I picked up today.  A couple weeks ago Ohio State was discussing the possibiity of making the Michigan game become just another game and not the last one of the year. 

It seems there's a possibility of having two grudge games in one season.  Once for the rivalry and the last game of the regular season either team could wind up in the B1G playoffs playing each other for a second time.  People went insane.  Break an almost 100 year tradition because of scheduling?  The most watched COLLEGE game ever?  Ya nuts?

Well last year the B1G added a couple teams but the games won't happen just yet.  Scheduling the new teams into the rotation right?  

So today, THIS surfaces from a friend.  The B1G is going to add 4 more teams with an announcement this week I heard.  Ready?  Florida State, Oregon, Washington and Clemson?  Seriously?  Let the wallet rape begin! 

A road trip to/from ANY of them would be outta site for the average fan.  So you watch it on TV?  There goes the prices.  ESPN & cable  will go up (gotta watch ur team), more commercials on regular networks (as if they aren't eating up the clock) already. 

Those in attendance MAY get it but the entire time the networks are on commercial break the players are standing around waiting.  Hurts the continuity of the game.  "Yup, quick snap it NOW and catch 'em off guard,"  Nope, commercial break.  lolol

Just feed the machine.  This isn't the end either.  The next phase of the master plan is gonna blow minds.  Eliminating tailgates!  It's etched in stone already just like this was.  Just like the NIL.  NFL ticket prices for college games?  Wait, does that mean NFL tickets are going up?  That machine is HUNGRY!  FEED IT!

Maybe old Nostradamus wasn't too far off in his predictions afterall.  😂😂😂

None Of My Business Tea GIF - None Of My Business Tea Sipping GIFs

• Like 2

On 7/29/2023 at 5:09 PM, Marvel said:

Is it just me who feels that way?

Nope..juicers are a PITA..bought one took it back after cleaning it once..besides turns out juicing is bad for ya. Especially fruit..you do not need all that fructose.

2 hours ago, babadono said:

Hey ...what about the bass o matic...

... and wait!!! There's more !

-------------------------------

He got them stray cat blues.....

we had a stray hanging out here ... He got caged and sent for a  "Nip and tuck"... lol

that's the price for free room and board.

--------------------

was watching a vulture the other day. It was swirling around. Reminded me of the way A-10's fly.... except their motto is more that poster of the vultures in the tree "Patience my a$$. I'm gonna kill something"

• Haha 2

An early morning storm. Now we have lightning starts (forest fires) bringing smoke in as usual...typical summer. Have a great day all! Came in from outside during a spell of the thick stuff moving in yesterday. Tv's a joke, so the music was played in here as usual.👌

_05A8572-10.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/30/2023 at 10:30 PM, Dave1291 said:

But you have a new dog to walk?  I see what you did there!  You can opt outta the dog but it's clearly evident that pretty lil kitty wubs you.  Kids see it yet?    😂

Ha,  I haven’t seen Hopper since the bar last Wednesday.

Noelle belongs to my neighbor.

The best sort of cat.

She comes over and gets to hang out but I don’t have to pay for her.

Speaking of cats, I saw this beauty on my walk downtown getting coffee the other day.IMG_1078.thumb.jpeg.12fc14cdfb563530002af47c3d71bb47.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mikekid said:

Tv's a joke, so the music was played in here as usual.👌

Nothing abby-normal about that, another day at work and another 50 cents.  Crank it and relax.  Wildfires suck!  :)

1 hour ago, Invidiosulus said:

Ha,  I haven’t seen Hopper since the bar last Wednesday.

Sooooo, it's Hopper is it?  Imma watchin ya man.  Imma watchin.  Cats are a dime a dozen unless ya got a "Cool Cat" like Freddie Mercury did.  He even wrote a song about him.  Yea, go check me out.  😂 

Hopper sounds like a good dog but ya have to take  into consideration the owner and the name game.  Life's a game yanno ya just play the cards you're dealt.  Don't EVEN try to slip one off the bottom of the deck cause Imma watchin that too with you.  You're smooth brother so I'm keepin an eye on you!   😂

Speaking of cats, I saw this beauty on my walk downtown getting coffee the other day.IMG_1078.thumb.jpeg.12fc14cdfb563530002af47c3d71bb47.jpeg

My dream car as a kid.  My cousin bought one in British racing green.  Yea, his ex took it in the divorce.  Always wondered what happend to it.  lolol  Hooked 'em up w/ Elton John tickets for his first US tour, the 11-17-70 tour, and she told me it was the worst show she'd ever seen and was dead serious.  Yea, show me a sign???  Seriously?  How bout a -1 cause you ain't a 10 by any means in my book!  :)

@grasshopper got any tips for @babadono when he's out swingin that weed whacker besides "FORE?"  

High of 80 today with a low of 59 here in Duckburg.  I'm chill.  Might knock out the dishes and eat sumpin now that the coffee's gone.  Food's over-rated though.  Kinda wondering now if Hopper likes table scraps or if he sits at attention patiendly waiting.  @Invidiosulus???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1