Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

46 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I've been in a couple of chili cook-offs.

One thing I learned ...

call the spice level Medium, even if it is red hot lava.

You don't want to scare people from trying it.

We won’t even have a description.

just bowl A,B,C,D, etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised if mine was the hottest offering.

Last year was a bunch of bland/sweet ground beef tomato soups with two random outliers that were different.

My kids insisted that I sign up this year so they would have at least one chili they would really like…

It can’t be that hot if my kids eat it, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 9/12/2023 at 6:14 PM, babadono said:

Just wondering if and how many people I will know/recognize/remember...I weren't no social butterfly(still ain't)

Inquiring minds wanna know!  My gaggle up here seem to enjoy monthly breakfasts around Duckburg.  Had about 20 show last time so at least a few of us are getting together.  Da wimmen all get a chance to blow and most of the guys just eat and drink coffee.  I usually put inviso-spin on 'em as soon as possible.  :)  😂

• Like 1

I left my house again , can´t stand it there anymore because of continuing troubble w/the wife. Living by a good friend of mine in a neighbor town for a while. Due to my accident at work approx. 2 month ago I can´t work and beeing ill still. Have to look for an appartment as intended a couple of month ago. When I´m in better physical condition I have to find a new job as well. Things aren´t that funny here. Happy that my friend welcomed me with open arms and heart, he´s got a brilliant home audio system as well . This friendship is more than 40 years old .

If the accident at work had not happened, I would have a new apartment long ago. My marriage is now finally over, I had in the summer still hope that my wife and I find together again, this hope I have now finally buried. You will hear less from me in the coming months, but I'll keep you up to date, I promise 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

How's thing's in the land of cactus @grasshopper?  76 here today.  Warmin up again with no rain in sight til the middle of next week.  First day of fall is Saturday so there's that.  Mowed til dark last nite for some strange reason so now it's just watering all the bushes.  Gotta replace the rope on the flag pole out front, which is usually a pita.  Aside from that it's just another day at the office.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 12:53 PM, Dave1291 said:

Inquiring minds wanna know!  My gaggle up here seem to enjoy monthly breakfasts around Duckburg.  Had about 20 show last time so at least a few of us are getting together.  Da wimmen all get a chance to blow and most of the guys just eat and drink coffee.  I usually put inviso-spin on 'em as soon as possible.  :)  😂

Just a short retort...had a great time at the reunion...160 showed + spouses. We had the whole place, kicked the normal patrons out. My buddy parked his refurb'd '45 Mack fire truck out front so everybody could find it.

P1020694.jpg

P1020693.jpg

P1020692.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

How's thing's in the land of cactus @grasshopper

still in the eye of the hurricane. Weather is being closer to normal. Sunny and dry . Just like when it wasn't sposed to be. 

------------------------------

had a scare yesterday. You could consider this a PSA

My other wife [wife's secretary] Didn't show up for work and wife had talked to her the evening before...

Very much not like her.... Wife did a welfare check...

The gal had fallen. Couldn't get up... couldn't reach her phone. Broke her hip and collarbone. 

....if it weren't for her being missed at work [like if this happened on the weekend], the outcome could have been very bad.

I am not endorsing any particular product or service.

-------------------------------

on the lighter side

when we bought this place, we got an unusual perk. Spaces in the town cemetery........ that cinched the deal

--------------------------------

an "on-topic" comment. Mark your calendars

drinking this medium/dark roast Kona. A little cream ans sugar makes it pretty good. I need to look at my grinder. The selector for amount the machine grinds has gotten temperamental. Hoping it just needs the coffee dust cleaned from it. We have a couple back-up grinders.... burr mills... hand crank

• Like 2

@grasshopper  Sorry to hear about that second wifey.  Good thing mama bear did some nosin.  :)

Man that kind of stuff makes me wonder.  I think the oldest checks to see if I'm on line daily.  At least that's what she told me.  lol  Otherwise I could be laying around for days blowing up like a small Goodyear blimp.

My buddy the mailman keeps an eye on things too.  lol  He's getting close to retirement though.  The lil hotty that's gonna replace him just doesn't have it figured out yet.  lol  Normal today.  He gives me a couple days to get my mail and if I don't he's bangin on the front window laffin at me.  Cruel and unusual punishment for sure. :)

That Kona is like drinking JP4 for me.  I put on my roller skates when I drink that stuff.

Lil tune for ya weather wise.  Enjoy!  :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1