Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

8 hours ago, Marvel said:

When the leaves are we, they are a lot harder to move...

Glad u're in your new house.

Thank you man! Yeah but it wasn't heavy rain and less gets through the woods even with the leaves on the ground instead of in the trees. So the rain stopped but I'm just worn out after being sitting on my tail for 4 months. Ate that good hot chili and the coffee once the cup cooled down a little. And I'm going to take a nap. Feeling old right now but I'll get out there and clear from the high spot down to the road before dark.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

And today I have educated myself about leaf blowers. I got one that can blow 170 mph and I thought jeeze cat five that'll work! Wrong. It's flat out not good enough. I INot enough when you're in a forest. I'll clean it up, take it back and get one that does 250 mph.

I see that you had fun with the stronger one

leaveblower.gif.ce1dfcf6c5faa38d053f1dd90eb0a9ea.gif

• Haha 2

Nothing special here , wheather is S**T , went to the house today and picked up my last private belongings, approx 400 Vinyl Record included , was good to see my son today ,  glad that I don´ have to see the ex wife till date of divorce which is scheduled for october 2024. Drinking my third glass of Bourbon now and relaxin with some music in the background , so far so good 🙂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

The cottage is vacant for a couple days .... no SIL and my other wife is staying at her place in Sasabe... in the shadow of the border "wall".

I'm gonna follow George's lead. A couple glasses of bourbon, please.

“border wall”. That there’s funny - 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MicroMara said:

I see that you had fun with the stronger one

Hey George, I didn't get it yet. Didn't feel like driving the 45 minutes into town. I'm so far out in the sticks that it is 10 miles to a Wally World! And I'd bet that's further away than for 85% of this country! Oh and I got to find a shower curtain before I get my stuff up here next week very glad that there's ceramic tile in the bath. 

Talk about quiet, it is so quiet up here that I'm pretty sure what I'm hearing is my tinnitus :huh2:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Hey George, I didn't get it yet. Didn't feel like driving the 45 minutes into town. I'm so far out in the sticks that it is 10 miles to a Wally World! And I'd bet that's further away than for 85% of this country! Oh and I got to find a shower curtain before I get my stuff up here next week very glad that there's ceramic tile in the bath. 

Talk about quiet, it is so quiet up here that I'm pretty sure what I'm hearing is my tinnitus :huh2:

Now you´re driving an ACURA and a 45 minute drive is too far for you ? Remember how many miles you´ve driven w/in the last few month , I suppose a couple of thousands....Where I´m living right now it´s absolute quiet as well , even it´s a side road and the city center is just less 15 Minutes by car.   

• Like 4

10 hours ago, JohnJ said:

If I´m under stress it happens sometimes that I have a high frequency noise in my left ear , when I come down it disappears . In any case it´s better to have a tinnitus from time to time instead of have a gost voice talking to you the hole day through , if this is the case .....it becomes dangerous 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Now you´re driving an ACURA and a 45 minute drive is too far for you ? Remember how many miles you´ve driven w/in the last few month , I suppose a couple of thousands....Where I´m living right now it´s absolute quiet as well , even it´s a side road and the city center is just less 15 Minutes by car.   

It wasn't the distance. It's the fact that I was tired and didn't want to drive that far. I went to the grocery store and started rebuilding stuff like some condiments, and fresh coffee beans!.

By the way... the new one puts out 270mph

spacer.png

Edited by JohnJ
Google quit changing my freakin' words
  • Like 3

On 12/10/2023 at 9:14 AM, nickyboy6100 said:

I’ve been working on a pair of split La Scala’s for the last couple months. I can finally see the end.

how hard is it to sand that black finish down to raw birch?

Ive always liked the pro model with raw wood and aluminum banding.