Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I recall everybody loved workin' on their Datsuns back then.

It was always to "improve"... drivability, handling, heat the fuel line in the wintertime.

Endless possibilities that were all cheap!!

The `88 if you got a good`un, KEEP IT!

• Like 2

No, no and no.  Woke up to about 3 inches of fluffy stuff.  50's yesterday.  Go figure. Gonna sit back and watch it melt.  High of 31 today and 50 tomorrow?  Tuesday's high is 55?  It's springtime around here.

Coffee's on then I'm gonna relax, nose a bit and fire the rig up.  I'm gettin the itch and want to open this place up but it's still too early.  Just another day at the office.  :)

• Like 3

Speaking of cars I'm going to drop a little over $1000 next week to remove and replace transmission fluid and filter on the BMW Z4.  Pan has to come off and the bolts replaced.  Have a small leak.

Replaced the air filter, cabin filter, and wiper blades this week.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Pan has to come off and the bolts replaced.  Have a small leak.

Bolts replaced?  What's with that? 

Friends wife has a Z4 and loves it when she gets it outta the garage.  Part of their collection.  Guy is passionate about all the rides in his stable.  3 Porsches, the Z4 convertible and a new red vette w/maybe 50 miles on it. 

He's gonna turn the vette and make some chump change.  I'm waitin on him to finish his old Lotus rebuild.  Bouight it in boxes from the original owner who bit off more than he could chew.  It's been sittin in the garage for him to tinker with for 20 years or more.  lol  Almost like us upgrading our rigs.  :)

• Like 2

On 2/24/2024 at 7:15 AM, grasshopper said:

I have an 88. Not so big. The boy's MustangGT was the same size.  This car has a few cross-country trips on her. 

the most fun car I've has was a '71 Datsun 510. That little car would go anywhere you pointed it

My late wife had an early '70s Datsun 1200. Not long after she got that, I was able to get a Datsun 620 pickup (I think), maybe 1974. Those were great vehicles.

• Like 4

The weather forecast, yesterday, included a heat warning. I can understand a heat warning in June, when normal temp is 100` and 15`+ normal is HOT ... not in February when 15`+ normal is 85`.

Our Mexican rescue cat needed a little follow-up care from her spay. We came out of the vets ... it looked like a petting zoo. A herd of deer were 30 feet from the office. Wife's eyes couldn't see them ... so, I idled around them so she could. They acted like it is an everyday thing. Didn't even look up from their grazing.

• Like 2

Mid 50's today here in Duckburg.  Rain coming thru tomorrow evening then some varying temps for a few days.  Just about to turn the corner in the next couple weeks it looks like from the forecast.  Who knows.

Mexicat Jakertown Mexicat Mod Jakertown GIF - Mexicat Jakertown Mexicat Mod Jakertown Jakertown Mexicat GIFs

Deer are crazy.  Group of us left a bar after a gig to do a lil road trippin about 4AM.  I was driving on some two-lane and came to a sharp curve, made the curve and there they were.  I'd say about 200 of em standing on both sides of the road starin into my headlights.  Wanna talk about freaking out?   They wanted me to stop so they could get out and pet 'em?  Crazy but true.  We still laff about it but to hear them talk now it was at least a thousand.  😂

• Haha 3

before we got married ... wife had a place on the edge of a  [for real] pasture. You could sit on the porch and watch 'em go by. 

I often wondered where the mountain lion, that is usually attached, was.

getting a smattering of rain. Still warm, though. Sposed to get more and colder for a few days. Time to plant seeds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yea, this was funny as crap.  Helped 'em load up from this gig up fairly close to Kent State so I was drivin the bus while a couple of the other guys were in the van heading home the back way.  We just headed out "the long way home."  lol  No it wasn't Supertramp.  Although after that song broke we used it to start into the story.  Instant memory jog for us.  lol  Just funny.  Now I might have to give that album a spin for the grin.  :)

• Like 1

Ok, I took the short cut and hit youtube instead for instant gratification right?  Then THIS comes up?  So I'm sittin here watchin it for a laff thinking about allllll those deer.  Musta been a thousand of 'em.  Wimmen doing these things are a hoot.  😂  Yes Sir, ya look out at the crowd and there they are.  Deer lookin up at the stage starin.  See how the a "thousand" of 'em relates?   😂  😂  😂  Ya just had to be there!  😂

😂

• Haha 1

my turn to sound like an old fogey...

when I went to the Dr for my leg, they stole some blood and ran a few tests...

PSA is good

liver is in good shape and my lipid panel is OK .. not great

I'm rather surprised. I kinda thought I had abused myself more ...

... but then

science is showing much of what I was doing for fun [the anti-drug films didn't work] are now being shown to been good. Damn hippies were right, I guess

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

A friend from Australia posted this of her FB page. Mayber @Full Range has tried it. Friend is in Tasmania which is kind of a different place.

FB_IMG_1709068738947.jpg

Pies are fast food in Australia and the best ones are from bakeries 

The ones you mentioned look like a jaffel or toasted sandwich but these ones use puff pastry and are only available at gas stations 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Wow we had a sunny afternoon yesterday , the first bright light since more than 2 month , I went out for a 3 hours walk in the sunshine. We shall get a long sunny periode now , but temps below 40 F .

I ´m leaving for the rehab today, my train departs at 7.45 am , so in two hours . A gal friend will pick me up at 7.am with her car and we´ll drive to the train station.  I´ll be back march 20th. Will be online during my residence in the clinc .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1