Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

22 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Oddly enough, I had home made beef enchiladas for dinner tonight.  Topped with ancho sour cream.

Flippin YUMMY....Dinner tonight for me so far has been BEER...I just doctored up a frozen Jack's Pizza and it is in the oven now....LOL

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve_S said:

Some kind of winter storm supposed to hit here in Omaha\CB area starting on Sunday, apparently this is whats coming, Forecasters say the area could get three-fourths of an inch of ice....

:o Wow.

I'm from West Virginia, where everybody can drive on snow.  I don't care where you're from NOBODY can drive on ice!

If that hits anywhere close to where I live, I'm staying indoors.  Life is too short to have it ended by driving on some frozen water that isn't there the other 364 days of the year.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

:o Wow.

I'm from West Virginia, where everybody can drive on snow.  I don't care where you're from NOBODY can drive on ice!

If that hits anywhere close to where I live, I'm staying indoors.  Life is too short to have it ended by driving on some frozen water that isn't there the other 364 days of the year.

I'm not driving come Sunday, I have Monday off and if Tuesday is as bad, than I'm keeping my Happy A$$ home....I think most folks around here are worried about power going out because of ice on the power lines.

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/omaha-prepares-for-weekend-ice-storm/article_e22c281f-367c-5722-be1f-6c5bc868b7f8.html

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Steve_S said:

I'm not driving come Sunday, I have Monday off and if Tuesday is as bad, than I'm keeping my Happy A$$ home....I think most folks around here are worried about power going out because of ice on the power lines.

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/omaha-prepares-for-weekend-ice-storm/article_e22c281f-367c-5722-be1f-6c5bc868b7f8.html

Just heard about this, you can stay home but you have no control of power lines, this could be bad, especially if you have electric heat.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Steve_S said:

Flippin YUMMY....Dinner tonight for me so far has been BEER...I just doctored up a frozen Jack's Pizza and it is in the oven now....LOL

Never heard of Jacks but I have experimented with doctoring frozen pizza before. Can be pretty good really, but I'm easy. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

Just heard about this, you can stay home but you have no control of power lines, this could be bad, especially if you have electric heat.

Not sure about propane, but most natural gas furnaces require electricity for ignition.

Even with 11 vehicles (8 plows) coming down from Seattle, Portland is still trying to dig out from Tuesday. Stay safe.

• Like 4

We had green onion garlic smoked venison sausage for dinner tonight at my brothers house.  OMG!  Outstanding stuff. Had one too many bourbons and posted this picture in the wrong thread.  My daughter just sent this to me. This is my 3 week old granddaughter.  Talk to you guys tomorrow. 

IMG_4276.jpg

• Like 8

9 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

We had green onion garlic smoked venison sausage for dinner tonight at my brothers house.  OMG!  Outstanding stuff. Had one too many bourbons and posted this picture in the wrong thread.  My daughter just sent this to me. This is my 3 week old granddaughter.  Talk to you guys tomorrow. 

IMG_4276.jpg

Cute girl Carl. She looks happy, she looks older than 3 weeks. I'm sure you're a proud Grandfather.

• Like 1

Not much alcohol this week.....still not up to par and taste buds not working.  Thanks to minermark and the ABC store I'm ready for a Bloody Mary soon.  Chopin should be okay for Bloody Mary's just don't try it in a Martini or you'll end up with a slushie:mellow:

IMG_1955.JPG

IMG_1957.JPG

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Not much alcohol this week.....still not up to par and taste buds not working.  Thanks to minermark and the ABC store I'm ready for a Bloody Mary soon.  Chopin should be okay for Bloody Mary's just don't try it in a Martini or you'll end up with a slushie:mellow:

IMG_1955.JPG

IMG_1957.JPG

One is on the spicy side of town.

One is a complete reverse, smoky is my fav, however i just cannot stay away from the Baker Bros.

• Like 2

• Moderators
12 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Had one too many bourbons and posted this picture in the wrong thread.  My daughter just sent this to me. This is my 3 week old granddaughter.  

Very nice paw paw, cute little girl, she has that look like, everyone is still in training give me a little time, I will show everyone who's the boss, spoiling and bribes are accepted.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, minermark said:

One is on the spicy side of town.

One is a complete reverse, smoky is my fav, however i just cannot stay away from the Baker Bros.

I like smoky, but with enough spice to where I have to sip it or get burned. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dtel said:

I like smoky, but with enough spice to where I have to sip it or get burned. 

Both have .coms and i believe one is one Amazon.

I gave the .coms to 0ldtimer for his BD.

Tarheel however needed the real deal.

Then they rapidly became public.

Baker Bros would be right up your ally Det.

• Like 1