Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Always remember, things could be worse.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/ferrari-430-scuderia-destroyed-1-hour-after-purchase/ar-AAoYz0p?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

(not only the car, but you'd be English too)

Saw this earlier too.  Dumbarse throttled it on wet roads and more than likely broke the back end lose, tried taking off like a plane, caught it on fire and melted it down.  $280,000 wasted in about an hour.  Here's your sign....

Edit - I want to help untangle the cables.  Then I could show them how to straighten.....

• Like 3

........good evening friends.............just enjoying an evening of music over in RTM with a nice group of friends...   Thought I would post a photo here of some cables I had put together about an hour ago...

CHUCK, you may be interested in my shenanigans....    I made these up to see what the new RP-280F's would sound like being driven by my Dynaco mono blocks.............and so, right now, enjoying 'Dark Side Of The Moon' with the Rega rp6 and Cambridge preamp combo for the first time through the new speakers.   I am impressed at how warm these sound !

I can only hope that the new Marantz AVR coming soon (known for their warmth) will deliver the same tones.....  :)

Here are the cables..... IMG_5930.jpg

• Like 5

Afternoon boys. Sipping a bit and staying out of the heat. Up for work at 0400 yesterday and then thru several turns of events returned from San Antonio @ 0330 this morning. Woke up to phone at 0700 this morning to answer an offer on the GA house which needs a little 'work' (the offer, I've spent enough on the house). That was sent off and awaiting the results of my counter; they are doing a second low speed pass as we type.
:unsure:

• Like 2

Thanks for the likes everyone!   I am (like Chuck) VERY pleased with the latest flagship offering from Klipsch....most all of us have heritage in our setup, but the new products are NOTHING to sneeze at...  And last night, I found out just how nice they can sound powered by modest tube amplification....    Funny, there has been an interest in my beloved KH's as of late................hmmmmmmmmmmmmm:unsure:.............?    nawh........

• Like 3

Same here Gary.  Always thought the Heritage line was the holy grail but I could live happily ever after with the 280s.  The LS/Altecs remain at idle.   The LF has her 280s hooked up to vintage ss and they sound very good.  Mine driven by 25wpc tube power are even sweeter.  Don't let her know or I will be looking at another tube amp:P

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

I am (like Chuck) VERY pleased with the latest flagship offering from Klipsch....most all of us have heritage in our setup, but the new products are NOTHING to sneeze at...  And last night, I found out just how nice they can sound powered by modest tube amplification....  

Gary, unlike so many Heritage owners, you seem  very open to trying some of Klipsch non-Heritage offering.  It is maybe more myth that a 2 way can't sound as good as a 3 way.  A lot of what we enjoying is steered by our particular taste in music.

You are also correct, IMHO that tube amplification is perfectly fine for the RP line.  I use tube amplification with the RF 7 II's and get by with milliwatts for most of my listening.:D  I am glad you are enjoying the speakers!

• Like 4