Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning gang..... and a happy Friday to all...

Checking in to see whats going on..... We had a real chitty week..... like so bad we talked about closing the shop and getting "real" jobs.... Just one of those weeks.... 

The used car guy Jerry who has the dealership next to my shop also had a real bad week. He took the whole week off to go racing with his buds and wife. They got to Richmond Va and did one race. Then the next stop was Bristol Tenn. They made it 150 out of Richmond and the motor home took a chitt. Sat at the motor home shop for three days waiting on a part from Cummins. Got the part got it installed and did not fix the issue. The dealership can't seem to re-flash the ECU. So there they sit all week.

My man Jerry has some big coin wrapped up in his race car and trailer..... probably close to 1/4 mill

Hmmmm I guess my week wasn't that bad.....

Later all

MKP :-)

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Morning gang..... and a happy Friday to all...

Been wondering where you two were, just say no to the real job idea things will pick up, the season is about to change people are busy dragging out the last of summer. Wish it would be over myself, had enough heat for one year.

31 minutes ago, dtel said:

Been wondering where you two were, just say no to the real job idea things will pick up, the season is about to change people are busy dragging out the last of summer. Wish it would be over myself, had enough heat for one year.

Chuck hasn't posted in a while either but I see when he's lurking around.    You make him mad Eldon?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Chuck hasn't posted in a while either but I see when he's lurking around.    You make him mad Eldon?

Not that I know of, but you never know, If so I didn't do it on purpose. I try not to make anyone mad, well most of the time anyway. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

It's not just about the work load.... I could always use more work. I just stack em up. But it's the damn people... You get three or four "A" holes and it really gets to ya. My wife went off on some woman the other day. 

Most of the time it rolls off my back like water off a duck. But in the in the last several months it's been getting to the both of us. I keep hearing the words my old service manager would say to me when I was back at the Honda dealer..... Tim would say "this too shall pass" ;) ...... and it will. 

I used to love my shop..... and working on cars..... helping people..... but after 34 years of doing this I'm kinda getting tired. This is our 20th year of having the shop. I can't believe how quick it's gone by. 

I went to a seminar the other night on trouble shooting hard problems... Lots of E-vap, missfire, and fuel trim was covered.  I was a big wake up call to me on how far out of the loop I am. I'm no dummy but I haven't been to any "real" school in 20 years. I read alot out of my trade publications and I try to keep up. But cars are changing so quick. I had a 2016 Civic in the shop not that long ago just for a oil change. I popped the hood open and I said to myself....... "this aint no Honda". All I could see was GM engineering all over it except for the European rear braking system:wacko:

Anyway..... it is what it is....

MKP :-)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Just be glad your job can't be outsourced.   Radiologists can read your X-rays from Mumbai, but  the Internet can't twist a spanner.

It's funny you say that. 10 of us was snowmobiling in the UP of Michigan a few years ago. My cousin from England went off the trail, hit a tree, and hurt his knee. It wasn't too serious, but we took him to the local hospital and they ex-rayed him. There wasn't a doctor on staff that could read the ex-ray, so they emailed it to a hospital somewhere in Wisconsin. About an hour later they wrapped it and sent him on his way.

• Sad 1

Speaking of outsourcing I had reason to speak with PayPal the other day and it actually went quite well, problem solved, friendly young lady on the phone. She had an accent I couldn't quite place and one question led to another so I asked if she was located in the States. 

Ah no, try a little town outside Belfast! Crazy times, crazy times. Regardless, she provided good service. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1