Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
On 12/8/2017 at 1:42 PM, CECAA850 said:

Yes, my wife has one.  We've had it a little over 2 years.  I'm seriously thinking of getting one next year for myself.

What model did ya'll get, apparently liking it if thinking about another.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

Still finding some time to play.

I love all of those models, but for just being able to move and set up somewhere especially outside I love the split LaScala with the metal trim, just a cool speaker. :emotion-21:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

There is a cayman in the parking garage.  In gray.  I'll try and snap a pic and post it.  It is beautiful.

The Cayman gts will be out soon.  They'e gorgeous.  We went and looked at the S version a couple months ago.  My wife was amazed that they have a front and rear trunk.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, dtel said:

The new Cayman or Boxsters look cool, especially the convertibles. 

cayman in blue, Boxster in red.............looks like the same body ?

porsche-thumbwhite (1).jpg

porsche-thumbwhite.jpg

Yes.  Same body.  The model designition is 718.  2.5 liter 4 cyl puts out 350 hp.  In the gts it'll be 365hp.

• Like 3

A friend from high school has a retirement hobby business called Reset Bike Shop in Portage, MI.  He just Reset my wife’s ‘73 Schwinn Suburban, with which she’ll be surprised in a little more than 2 weeks.  Jeff Reset my ‘74 Legnano a few years ago.  Now we have his and hers Resets.

The American made Schwinn was $98 in ‘73; the Italian job was slightly more than 4 times that in ‘74.  They're both worth more today.  The bikes and spouses are original owners.

01EF8465-1B62-4BF4-AC4F-5C8B746A6F20.jpeg

D3F4D661-03C8-482E-932D-1FECAD1982B6.jpeg

• Like 3

On 12/8/2017 at 2:22 PM, dtel said:

The tiki bar just doesn't look the same like this. :unsure: 

DSC_4523_2980.JPG

That looks like a very nice Christmas card.....cool pic Elden.

17 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

She has a Macan S.

20150808_192630.jpg

Nice buggy....can I drive it!

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

A friend from high school has a retirement hobby business called Reset Bike Shop in Portage, MI.  He just Reset my wife’s ‘73 Schwinn Suburban, with which she’ll be surprised in a little more than 2 weeks.  Jeff Reset my ‘74 Legnano a few years ago.  Now we have his and hers Resets.

The American made Schwinn was $98 in ‘73; the Italian job was slightly more than 4 times that in ‘74.  They're both worth more today.  The bikes and spouses are original owners.

01EF8465-1B62-4BF4-AC4F-5C8B746A6F20.jpeg

D3F4D661-03C8-482E-932D-1FECAD1982B6.jpeg

Your friend does very nice work. Does he stay pretty busy? A bike shop opened up in the little town I live in, he seems to be doing well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Ceptorman He seems to stay as busy as he wants to. Since he built the insulated heated shop behind his house, his wife won’t permit him to add running water.  She’s afraid she’d never see him.  The shop has TV, stereo, fridge full of beer, and a cigar humidor.  Only the occasional need for indoor plumbing drives him back into the house.

https://www.facebook.com/resetbikeshop/

2BDD818B-406D-4398-A37C-BB6AC4EE9948.jpeg

2F14C974-71D9-491A-84BB-1C8F4DE99847.jpeg

8DB6DDB5-C78E-455C-A6CB-D02950B8A23B.jpeg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Mine will be a 2 door;)

Will you be keeping the front two doors or the back two?

Google LHT Performance and the Kraftworks supercharger they install on the S 2000 Honda.  Those guys are detail oriented and do some amazing work.  425 hp in a 2800 pound car.  A Porsche Cayman S killer.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Will you be keeping the front two doors or the back two?

Google LHT Performance and the Kraftworks supercharger they install on the S 2000 Honda.  Those guys are detail oriented and do some amazing work.  425 hp in a 2800 pound car.  A Porsche Cayman S killer.........

And it's still a Honda...............

• Like 2