Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

16 hours ago, dtel said:

If so I would have thought it would have been higher in protein. 

They really take the fun out of eating the way they describe it. 

Food is much easier when it’s Drink.

Jam packed schedule? Trouble with the snooze button? Soylent Drink gives you a balanced meal of engineered nutrition—no questions asked—all in less time than it takes to microwave a burrito, let alone boil water. Twist...lift...and eating is solved.

Research & Engineering. It’s our favorite part of eating.

Every single Soylent ingredient provides essential nutrition.

Soy gives me gas, I know TMI. Just sayin'. No thank you:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

human gives me gas...

Never tried it, but I wouldn't advise being in a plane crash on a frozen mountain with me, I would not die from lack of eating. Although you might be safe, not much meat on them bones and already partly dehydrated, probably tough ?

Need to remember to carry spices with me when I fly. :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, WillyBob said:

The rainy season will be on us..

When you say this you must be joking ?

Have to lawnmower the yard today.  Push [and I mean PUSH] mower. No motor .

And i thought you were a little crazy before hearing this. :unsure: What are you cutting, you have grass ? Not much grass in any picture I have seen of the South West.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, dtel said:

Never tried it, but I wouldn't advise being in a plane crash on a frozen mountain with me, I would not die from lack of eating. Although you might be safe, not much meat on them bones and already partly dehydrated, probably tough ?

and taste of tobacco.  About half mesquite smoked, though. Be like chewing on ribs. Might be good, but you'll starve getting enough to eat

yeah, cut the grass.

I have a patch. I use it to control runoff and cool the house. I wouldn't have planted it. It was here. I didn't even know there was a lawn, until it rained   and this tif-green came up.

was out in the doghouse ... Smokin' and drinkin' and listening to the crickets.  Just for fun, I decided to see how they take to "competition". Cranked up my RadioShack electronic keyboard .... Set it to square wave, upper register. Shut 'em up right up. That was with the junk onboard speakers.  Makes me want to put the LS out there.... maybe get a real synthesizer. I had an ARRP AXXE once upon a time. Ran it thru a Custom amp. 4] 10's and tuck-n-roll on the cabinet. Nice amp. The neighbors loved me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

always carry spices, and hot sauce when traveling.  Take it from an expert.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Uh huh

some place have tender palates.... Australia for instance.

Everywhere I have been from here North, I like spice. Now not the kind some people like, some of it can burn your face off, or feel like it.

• Like 3

• Moderators

was out in the doghouse ... Smokin' and drinkin' and listening to the crickets. 

I made a place just to do that, sometimes with music.

Can't wait for you to get your LaScalas.  

• Like 3

and taste of tobacco.  About half mesquite smoked, though. Be like chewing on ribs. Might be good, but you'll starve getting enough to eat

yeah, cut the grass.

I have a patch. I use it to control runoff and cool the house. I wouldn't have planted it. It was here. I didn't even know there was a lawn, until it rained   and this tif-green came up.

was out in the doghouse ... Smokin' and drinkin' and listening to the crickets.  Just for fun, I decided to see how they take to "competition". Cranked up my RadioShack electronic keyboard .... Set it to square wave, upper register. Shut 'em up right up. That was with the junk onboard speakers.  Makes me want to put the LS out there.... maybe get a real synthesizer. I had an ARRP AXXE once upon a time. Ran it thru a Custom amp. 4] 10's and tuck-n-roll on the cabinet. Nice amp. The neighbors loved me.

I have a cricket in my basement I’m trying to find and kill....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
13 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Finally broke down and bought a card of AA batteries for my camera.

I was thinking about what you said and it made me realize how good some batteries are. The battery used in one of my cameras has been charged over and over for 10 years, well it was two batteries that I switch out.  I have no idea how many times they have been charged and still work as new. I know very little about batteries but these are called  Li-ion and I never thought they would have lasted this long. It looks like this.

watson_b_3410_2_en_el15_replacement_battery_v2_1476132366000_1260387.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Now not the kind some people like, some of it can burn your face off, or feel like it.

Thai chilies still my favorites. 100k on the Scovill scale for the "real thing." I haven't been able to get the real thing since I left the DFW area 17 years ago. I was able to get some from Thais in the Houston area, but the were hybrids, twice as large as they should have been, and good...but not the real deal. Tasted dumbed down. Not sure what the problem is. The desirability is NOT about heat...it is about flavor. Having lived in the area where they are grown and present at every meal, including breakfast, I learned to love these things. Prik nam pla, as fresh Thai chilies in fish sauce is know in SEA, is an absolute requirement for Thai cooking north of Bangkok. I so miss them!

Above that, there are much hotter peppers, but they are just hotter without the flavor. No interest in proving manhood or whatever by eating those things. Current Jalapenos have been dumbed down to the point they are tasteless. Serranos are about the only ones that have any flavor left that are reliably available in my area. 

Dave

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Mallette said:

Thai chilies still my favorites. 100k on the Scovill scale for the "real thing." I haven't been able to get the real thing since I left the DFW area 17 years ago. I was able to get some from Thais in the Houston area, but the were hybrids, twice as large as they should have been, and good...but not the real deal. Tasted dumbed down. Not sure what the problem is. The desirability is NOT about heat...it is about flavor. Having lived in the area where they are grown and present at every meal, including breakfast, I learned to love these things. Prik nam pla, as fresh Thai chilies in fish sauce is know in SEA, is an absolute requirement for Thai cooking north of Bangkok. I so miss them!

Above that, there are much hotter peppers, but they are just hotter without the flavor. No interest in proving manhood or whatever by eating those things. Current Jalapenos have been dumbed down to the point they are tasteless. Serranos are about the only ones that have any flavor left that are reliably available in my area. 

Dave

Dave, I'm growing a bunch of Thai chilies this year, can send you some later this summer.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, dtel said:

I was thinking about what you said and it made me realize how good some batteries are. The battery used in one of my cameras has been charged over and over for 10 years, well it was two batteries that I switch out.  I have no idea how many times they have been charged and still work as new. I know very little about batteries but these are called  Li-ion and I never thought they would have lasted this long. It looks like this.

watson_b_3410_2_en_el15_replacement_battery_v2_1476132366000_1260387.jpg

at the time, I was doing some travel. 110V isn't always available. AA batteries are. Li/ion are pretty reliable.  A good charger helps. In R/C, we used lithium polymer [LiPo]. A 400mh battery, weighing 10gms will give 10A @4V. Those batteries will explode.  It is recommended the larger packs be kept in ammo cans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1