Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, USNRET said:

If you sear first doesn’t that close the pores so smoke doesn’t penetrate?

I don't know, I just make sure i don't go past 135, it might. If i want a sear I usuially smoke to about 125 then put on high heat and watch the internal temp.

I Don't know the correct way, or how it should be done ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtel said:

I like the cast iron idea. The only thing I'm not sure about is they say meat doesn't take smoke after 140 degrees, so searing first might be a problem?

We should ask the capacitor guy. I am with you on this.

• Like 1

I like the cast iron idea. The only thing I'm not sure about is they say meat doesn't take smoke after 140 degrees, so searing first might be a problem?

I used to swear that Meathead Goldwyn & Dr. Greg Blonder (look ‘em up) said that or something similar, but I was wrong...

https://amazingribs.com/more-technique-and-science/grill-and-smoker-setup-and-firing/what-you-need-know-about-wood-smoke-and

That’s a great article and they know their food science.

That said, I smoke first. Seems like it ought to work better in my thick head.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I enjoy the projects.  At work the load is more on my mind than my back.  The projects are a good contrast to what I do every day.   There's also the satisfaction of completing it.

On that note the ceiling is done! I'll start on the wall that has the garage door bolted to it next while I have the extra set of hands here.

I know you do. I miss projects and the associated satisfaction. I worked as a paper shuffler in an office for 7 years before changing to outdoor work for the next 36. As dtel said I just can't do some things anymore. But thanks to Chuck now I just call Juan.

Congrats on the project.

Keith

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 2/25/2019 at 5:49 AM, dirtmudd said:

so your back on your diet

Slightly, but really closer to that kid. Leaving next week for Hope to work on the museum for a week and that would have made it harder.

I will definitely start back on a diet as soon as I run out of excuses. :blush2:

• Haha 3