Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I remember when the contraptions first went on the market.  The guy I sailed competitively with got one and popped a disc in.  When I heard it I said it sounded unnatural and well, like crap.  His jaw dropped, but then again he was never a musician.

• Like 1

it's just a matter of who is Capt and who is Admiral... and Admiral remembering that they are only needed for executive decisions like whether they should go to the bathroom or pick their nose.

Wringed/wrang enough fuel outa my can to fill the saw's tank. Wore clothing for/to cut wood. Boy saw me in clothes [bib overalls, a shirt and boots] and asked if I was going to church. I laughed. Before we got married, my MIL was asking what church I attended? 

"The church of Arivaca Lake"... 

@DizRotus

dude,

I cringe when I see that. I no like dentist. Sedation dentistry? Sure, if you can slip me a mickey at home.  I promise to not rant. I feel a big one welling up

• Like 1

I could.. but won't.

How y'all today?

Revised forecast. More rain and warmer than previously predicted.  Bumped precip up to 0.50in and temps will hang at 60`. I like the sound of that better than 0.10in and 50`. That's near tolerable.Need to plant some seeds. Yeah, it's early and a little cool. Infant mortality is much lower than if I wait for it to warm. Critters are not too active yet. 

Rain is sposed to happen this afternoon, into tomorrow.

Weather will be nice for my "day off"... Thursday. Back to 80 by friday.

Does anyone experience "average" temps this time of year? Always above or below here.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, oldtimer said:

The boat was a husband and wife team and I was crew, and they were very nice people---but let me tell you, sailing competitively with a husband and wife is like being in Blood Simple---"well, i'm not a marriage counselor, but....."

In my youth I enjoyed competitive dinghy sailing. I enjoyed it more when I was the skipper than when I crewed for my father.  Either way, it was understood that what was said in the heat of a jibe around a mark with a whisker pole up in heavy wind stayed on the boat.

I can’t imagine sailing with my wife.  Feelings would get hurt.

• Like 1

@DizRotus Have you considered a permanent bridge?  I've had one for 30+ years on my top front 2 teeth.  Never had an issue with it.   I broke those when I was in 5th grade and had several root canals over the years as the seal would leak and they'd get infected.  They even did a root canal from the top down once.  That was not fun.  Once the bridge was installed, my issues stopped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CECAA850 said:

@DizRotus Have you considered a permanent bridge?  I've had one for 30+ years on my top front 2 teeth.  Never had an issue with it.   I broke those when I was in 5th grade and had several root canals over the years as the seal would leak and they'd get infected.  They even did a root canal from the top down once.  That was not fun.  Once the bridge was installed, my issues stopped.

Thanks Carl,

I’m considering all options.  Within the last few months they discovered infection near the tip of the root canal.  The crown (decades old) was removed and more root canals were done.  Apparently, that didn’t adequately address the infection so a procedure through my lip—sounds like what you describe— was scheduled.

That became moot when the post left from the original tooth broke.  Thursday I get a temp to replace the Chiclet.  All options will be discussed.  Whatever the final decision, I’d like to tough it out with the temp until November when Delta Dental kicks in.

15 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Within the last few months they discovered infection near the tip of the root canal.

That's what I'd get every few years.  The infection has to be completely gone before the Novocain will work.  The root gets hair line cracks and fluid from your gums eventually seeps in.

• Sad 1

All the dental work talk just gives me the creeps, nothing I hate worse. Been blessed with good teeth, only a couple cavities but just had my first root canal a couple months ago. I was scared to death just thinking about it. I can have my teeth cleaned everyday but “dental work” takes things to another level. While sitting in the “chair” I told my dentist there is no other place I’d rather be than sitting here and would rather be prepping for another hip replacement than what was soon to happen. He knows and understands my fears and proceeds to stick that f’ing needle in my gums to begin the festivities - bastard —

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

... and then the electricity went out.

Waiting for things to reboot.... or not. Lights went off momentarily, then went off and flickered.  Now, it is dark [and quiet, except for wife snoring]. I think it may stay this way for a while.

got coffee made, at least

A man was injured at the horse track Sunday. Died ... I was trying to spin this into something.... he was a jockey. Fell of his horse. 67years old.

3 hours later... we have electricity

I chuckle to think how everything is internet based.  We are still working on  having reliable electricity out here.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

A man was injured at the horse track Sunday. Died ... I was trying to spin this into something.... he was a jockey. Fell of his horse. 67years old.

At 67 he probably should have not been on a racehorse ?

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

3 hours later... we have electricity

I chuckle to think how everything is internet based.  We are still working on  having reliable electricity out here.

Went for 3 weeks without it, it makes you realize how dependant we are on all of the conveniences. 

• Like 3

I have mixed feelings about the 67 year old jockey... cool that he was still competing at that age. Sorry he dinna make 68+

not having electricity [over a wide area] reduces us to "hunting/gathering". With no refrigeration, that complicates life. Or simplifies it to "cook it now". I went thru 3 week w/o, after Hurricane Iniki defaced Kauai. 

Never been in snow country w/o electricity... I bet that is no fun.

yas seen the ads for the reintroduction of Skoal Bandits? They're called something different. Same product... chew/snuff in a tea bag  marketed upscale and toss in a pinch of glam. I'm going to have to see if I can find the ad on yt...

there are reviews ... no ad

called Velo

guess I'm further out of the loop than I thought. There are others. These come from our friends at RJR. From their "vapor" division.... alternates to cigarettes

• Like 2