Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I'll try whatever it is as long as there is not liver in it.

I got nothing today. Did chores and went to the lake, yesterday. Had a nice time. Dinna catch... walked/bushwhacked a little.

Well, we have two people , from town, quarantined on one of those cruise ships. They had to take a cruise around SE Asia... Think they are/were at Yokohama.. There will be plenty of stories when they get home.  That will teach them to be upwardly mobile....

• Like 2

sounds like summer.... lawnmowers running. That means I can turn the volume up. The AirForce playing gives me permission, too.

Running some laundry and am puttering around.... that's what we do, isn't it?

They make it sound easy... I work my butt off puttering.. I am beginning to think it is code for "too many things to do and trying to get a little of everything done"

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dtel said:

Liver should be banned, as far as I care anyway.

saw a lady wearing a t-shirt that read "The liver is evil and must be punished."  Of course, she was talking about consuming massive amounts of alcohol, but you did say "liver."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

My step sister makes a killer rumaki.  Sure it's bad for me but I have to have one or two.  Few people reject it, regardless of the chicken liver.

maybe they just like the bacon?

we had liver every so often when I was a kid.  Because I was special, I was provided hot dogs on liver night. Probably to my sister's ire ... she brought home a C on her report card and got a 30-minute lecture.  I produce mine and get this response,  "An F in Alegbra. That's okay son, I know math isn't your favorite subject. Try harder next time."  My sis was steaming mad. "Oh and Mom, those 40 absences surely are a mistake."

• Haha 5

That was "the dish" at the DQ brazier in Lihue.

I don't need to eat liver to feel its bad effects. The smell alone will send me packin' ... or pukin'

We [kids] used think it a raw deal the liver and onion was like bad coffee. Smells great ... taste? not so much

My kid sister was only one of us that would eat it ... then, she would chew up multi-vitamins too

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I had a friend and the vp of the company where I was employed.  A nightly drinker from 5-9pm and bars were his thing.  All new projects he would seek out the local watering hole first.  Died January two years ago........cirrhosis.  In hospice he remarked "I finally learned my lesson".

Has given me pause........

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Liverwurst with mustard, sharp cheddar & dill pickle sandwich or Neeses Liver Pudding sliced thin fried crispy with onion & eggs & hash browns!!

Gizzards and liver with the chicken around here I tried once and never again!

You guys could not begin to imagine the volume and breadth of the intense pain brought on by your liver failing and shrinking to the size of your fist.

Luckily for me it was `97 and morphine was still given on occasion when verification through BP could prove what you were were telling them.

Now-a-days they'd probably give a tranquilizer instead like they do now to folks that have a medical necessity for pain Rx. 

Would almost feel guilty for having a shot occasionally but I don't. And I wouldn't do as Evel did:(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

I had a friend and the vp of the company where I was employed.  A nightly drinker from 5-9pm and bars were his thing.  All new projects he would seek out the local watering hole first.  Died January two years ago........cirrhosis.  In hospice he remarked "I finally learned my lesson".

Has given me pause........

Everything moderation Chuckie.

• Like 1