Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

OK . . . you guys are killing me. Was going to buy a Schiit Dac, then not going to, then going to buy one, then not going to, then just missed seeing the pre-owned one on A-gon, then never going to buy one, and now, well, you guys have started me leaning in that direction again!

Good morning!

• Like 3

Mornin' all. Running slow. Sorry I missed all the talk about PF Flyers, decisive indecision over DACs and Tarheel's dilemma. Wish I could help, but my mom made we wear Keds, so I'm probably not qualified. Oh well. ( I did get Converse in Jr. High!)

We have one awful cold spell out here. The 'high' today will be in single digits. The only solution is to stay in and play some rock 'n roll on the B. Be well and stay warm.

• Like 5

Tennis shoes? I did not have any shoes until I could get a job in the local pool hall as a rack, which introduced me to pool hustling and 10% of the take off of 10 tables. Tender yet savvy age of 14. Sign of a mispent childhood, I know.

So, instead of the dried blackeyes, you could go with fresh frozen and be able to skip the step of soaking but, wash them off anyway, I say. Bush's Best Beans, and maybe another brand do a black eye in a can. Watch what you are getting though cause some are already seasoned. As for the juice in the can sometime loaded with sodium, this can be dumped and peas rinsed off. Seasoning from smoked ham,pork desired for the beans. White rice preferred for the traditional, but this is not sacred. And then the fresh pork, smoked ham. Pepper cornbread and deserts of your choice, of course.

Old traditions die hard!

Edit: I was lying about the shoes.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 5

Mornin' all. Running slow. Sorry I missed all the talk about PF Flyers, decisive indecision over DACs and Tarheel's dilemma. Wish I could help, but my mom made we wear Keds, so I'm probably not qualified. Oh well. ( I did get Converse in Jr. High!)

We have one awful cold spell out here. The 'high' today will be in single digits. The only solution is to stay in and play some rock 'n roll on the B. Be well and stay warm.

Adidas were the hot tennis shoes we wore in the 70's . . . white leather with green stripes were the top tier, especially for us athletes. If an athlete worn anything else, it was scorn city! You could get by with just a raised eyebrow or two if you wore Nike optic green tennis shoes though. I had thise for the off season or when the Adidas needed a wash and air dry.

I worked at a movie theater as a projectionist for $1.50 an hour to save up and get my first pair. I actually still have one of those pair from the 70's ai occasionally wear.

• Like 5

Be patience. Maybe Tarheel will pass his Spanish Fly stick DAC down to you when he upgrades.

There's so many ways I could go with this.  I better not....................

Thanks for stopping yourself . . . I do not like to even think about my first visit to a proctologist this past summer!

• Like 5

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 30 Dec 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:CECAA850, on 30 Dec 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

JL Sargent, on 30 Dec 2014 - 07:51 AM, said:JL Sargent, on 30 Dec 2014 - 07:51 AM, said:

Be patience. Maybe Tarheel will pass his Spanish Fly stick DAC down to you when he upgrades.

There's so many ways I could go with this.  I better not....................

True but I read that and thought of this :o  :P

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

I went to school in Baltimore City and the three shoes you could wear were: Jack Purcells, Converse and the PF flyers. Man those kids were brutal if you wore some Keds or some phony Jacks.

I wore the Jacks and I still have a few pair they are hard to find. I have a pair of Pink Floyd Jack Purcells, I found them about six years ago.....I had to get-em lol lol :-)

I'll try to get a pic......if ya want to see them.....

The "Converse" were called Chuck Taylor high tops. That was my footwear until the Adidas leathers came out

• Like 4

Ah the good old days of footwear.  When we saw the first pair of Nike's in school, no one knew how to pronounce it correctly and we used a long "I" and silent "e".  It was one syllable instead of 2.  Same for Adidas, we didn't have a clue.  It blew our minds that they were a German brand.  Puma was just coming on board around that time too and had a really nice product.  I never had a brand name shoe till I got a pair of soccer cleats in high school.  All our footwear was bought from this guys basement and he only took cash (true story).

• Like 3

I went to school in Baltimore City and the three shoes you could wear were: Jack Purcells, Converse and the PF flyers. Man those kids were brutal if you wore some Keds or some phony Jacks.

I wore the Jacks and I still have a few pair they are hard to find. I have a pair of Pink Floyd Jack Purcells, I found them about six years ago.....I had to get-em lol lol :-)

I'll try to get a pic......if ya want to see them.....

The "Converse" were called Chuck Taylor high tops. That was my footwear until the Adidas leathers came out

Funny, i dont even remember wearing shoes, grew up in Newport/Balboa, do remember going barefoot everyday.

• Like 4