Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
15 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Dia de los Muertos

Day of the dead//// it goes for a couple days after Halloween

Time to honor/remember friends/family who have passed.

Much better decorations also. 

• Like 4

Have you seen the new ones?

When they are cocked, the arms are near flat to the stock... 

Gonna have to look at them a little closer.  I understand the narrower profile for shooting in brush, the geometry of how it propels the bolt is different.

done my civic duty

...........and now it's time to flip the lp...

• Like 2

• Moderators

Well they delivered over 5100 pounds of metal yesterday, a workshop in parts anyway, well once it put together anyway.  Will be out of town until Sunday so no working on a concrete form for the slab until next week. First will be a trip to the permit office to make it legal, have all the paperwork for that ready.

Can't wait, it will be like when I was a kid and I had an erector set, except for it being heavier and I am now old. I need the exercise anyway.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, dtel said:

Well they delivered over 5100 pounds of metal yesterday, a workshop in parts anyway, well once it put together anyway.  Will be out of town until Sunday so no working on a concrete form for the slab until next week. First will be a trip to the permit office to make it legal, have all the paperwork for that ready.

Can't wait, it will be like when I was a kid and I had an erector set, except for it being heavier and I am now old. I need the exercise anyway.

are you getting anyone to help you with the work 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, dtel said:

Nice Elden.  It'll be awesome once it's done.  If you do any type of insulation in there be sure to look into closed cell foam.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Dad brought one or two home from Vietnam.  I want a new one now.

007 had to dodge one or two, from both directions at once. Ducked the one from behind using his Ray-Ban glasses, got the one from the front. The one from behind got poleaxed from beneath his crotch.

Nothing short about Bond... James...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

are you getting anyone to help you with the work 

Just me with a little help at times from the grandson and maby a neighbor, the one that comes and drinks coffee.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

If you do any type of insulation in there be sure to look into closed cell foam.

It will be nice to have some room to work, I was reading about insulation last night, that was one of them, I didn't like the normal insulation plus it makes putting the sheatin on much harder.

42 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I can almost imagine the directions to put it together

... in Chinglish

Sounds like a cool project. I would enjoy something like that.

The permitting process, I would have a hard time with. I hate paperwork.

Made in the USA, but I do tend to have problems with instruction, ask my wife. 

I love building things so it will be fun, less so if it were summer.

The building permit should be easy, the only thing is we need to prove is elevation, but we also have flood insurance so that helps. That is the only thing needed and it is needed to get power connected with a seperate meter instead of coming off the house which would be a pain but doable if they give me any problems. . 

• Like 4