Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

46 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Good pics the last few days here.

Looks like Bike Week at the CC&C!

Certainly am glad that that great 84 I had wasn't boxy like all the good street bikes in the 70 seemed to be, I'd forgotten how much so.

Week 9 is up for College Football.

Getting in gear right now!

Y'all be Well & Safe if you venture out tonight!

PXL-20201031-131226715.jpg

what's in the wallet

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Good pics the last few days here.

Looks like Bike Week at the CC&C!

Certainly am glad that that great 84 I had wasn't boxy like all the good street bikes in the 70 seemed to be, I'd forgotten how much so.

Week 9 is up for College Football.

Getting in gear right now!

Y'all be Well & Safe if you venture out tonight!

PXL-20201031-131226715.jpg

All city....all state!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

what's in the wallet

That's the same one that made it into a pic a couple years ago here.

Now? Plastic with deficit spending abilities.

Allstate? As a whole, a very good company  and policies. Like anywhere now-a-days you have to finagle correctly when making adjustments.  

Due to being flat-out lied to by an entity I consider hostile now, I had to wrangle a new method of maintaining the home insurance policy that was opened in Oct of `65. It had been due in full this week but I managed to reduce the 11% interest impact on a c card by spreading it out. SS only goes so far and I've rehashed my budget several times since the summer. "Like butter scraped over too much bread." *Bilbo Baggins

That was my frustration this week, getting that allowed by headquarters after getting the long tenured lady at their local office enlisted on my behalf!

That plus the freakin' leaves, laundry that did not stop occurring yet, missing my immuno & hypertension Rx Thurs am, past couple days have been uncomfortable.

On the bright side I have one more grilled brat left with my browned kraut / onion mix for the game today, must have eaten five since Thurs evening!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, grasshopper said:

71 Datsun 510.  That little car was just fun. Not a hot rod. Did have fully independent suspension and limited slip diff.  Was their sports car with a sedan body... and minus one carb.

- it was an  unkillable  car -super good on gas , great handling car , similar to the very expensive  Alfa Romeo or a Fiat but way more reliable  we had a red one -

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

- it was an  unkillable  car -super good on gas , great handling car , similar to the very expensive  Alfa Romeo or a Fiat but way more reliable  we had a red one -

The new Alfas sure look nice. I hope they have addressed their reliability issues. A company will struggle these days if they aren't well made.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

The new Alfas sure look nice. I hope they have addressed their reliability issues.

our Stelvio  hit 70k miles in 3 years ,  no complaints - I recently test drove the 4C Spider, wow -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Yes unkillable, we had one when we first got married, before we got a newer car. It had a ton of miles, probably almost 200k on it and didn't want to try to sell it so we gave it to my little sister, she had it for years later, it would not die. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

They look and test drive great according to the press.  They are quite reliable once you get them sorted out, lol, by then you are hooked.  My 91 sedan turned out to have fewer quirks than my 88 325i sedan.

here in the East , we store  our Alphas in the Winter to keep them in great shape -

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dtel said:

The most fun car i had was a 69 Datsun 2000, 120ci 135 hp, 5 speed convertible.

it was 1 of the fastest cars in those days, it blew off MG's easy , average selling price today 10k$, the engine was the Legendary U20-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:
15 hours ago, dtel said:

The most fun car i had was a 69 Datsun 2000, 120ci 135 hp, 5 speed convertible.

it was 1 of the fastest cars in those days, it blew off MG's easy , average selling price today 10k$, the engine was the Legendary U20-

Of all the cars I have had it was by far the most fun to drive, it really handled well.  The U20 motor came from the factory with 2 1 bbl carbs and factory headers and overhead cam, more Hp than ci. My dad worked on airplanes and helicopters which back then had carbs, so he had the tool to balance the twin carbs, it really made difference. 

It was Datsun in 1969, in 1970 it changed to Nissan and they came out with the 240z and others versions later. I was in HS, It would out run the 240z, 260z and most of the time the 280z, and plenty Triumphs and MG's.

I bought it from my girlfriend at the times dad, he did SCCA race courses for a couple years, the car was $3096. new, I got it for like 1k about 3-4 years old and low miles.  Fun car, kept the car but not the GF.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1