Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

that's what I like about this little burg. We don't wait or ask for govt help fixing things like trash accumulation at the lake ... left by out of towners... We just arrange a day and we all go pickin'. If a neighbors needs a hand, someone will be there. I paid for a commercial water hook up because the gal that needed it only had enough for a residential... I used to cut the grass at the park... simply because it needed done. Nobody asked or paid for it...

I'm not blowing my own horn... this is what folk do around here. Govt doesn't mind us doing that. They insist we involve them in matters of law enforcement. Bad people used to just disappear. ............. Abandoned mines might have a "resident" or two...

Frontier justice?

• Like 2

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Enjoy the weekend! :)

Yes, exactly, grill or smoke something or just take a break. :lol: And if you feel the urge blow up something. :emotion-19:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I'll be smokin' something

I knew someone would say something like that, well carry on, smoke with or without a smoker, or both.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

It's gonna be very quiet around here ... unless I make noise. Boy is in MT, wife in IL. I'm all  by my lonesome

might get to watch some fireworks. One of the ranches has been doing a display for the last 5 or 8 years. Don't know about this year. We/I can see it from here.

• Like 3

Town's Bi-Centennial this year so supposedly have 6k tubes ready to launch.  No ground display.  Funny thing is I think the Mayor is losing it.  Usually held at the fairgrounds but since it's 200 years today he's moved them to a park fairly close to downtown.  Ummm, like a block away from the main drag?  Hope the fire department is at the ready.  Thinking about a guest appearance.  😂

• Like 2

• Moderators

I don't do fireworks. I burn enough money up already, but I do like them. But we live in the country and it seems most of the locals have more money to burn than me so they go crazy, all I have to do is go outside to see them. 

The dogs panic when they hear fireworks. So if the dog's wanders to long somewhere in the yard and we need to get them back in I just shoot a bottle rocket in the air and they come running full speed and jump at the door to get in. 

• Haha 3

There's a biker bar a couple houses down from me right now. Their colors? Red White Blue & ... saw their works on the way back to the new camp-site of mine.

Snagged a pic for ya Willie when I got out of my brothers car, missed the good ones.

PXL-20210704-013056352.jpg

• Like 4

• Moderators
6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

You have a sand blaster Elden?

A small cabinet, it has Aluminum Oxide in it for etching glass and yeti cups, I don't use it for cleaning things.

• Like 2