Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Happy Forth of July Evening folks!

Elden, I swear you could open your new shop Tuesdays and Thursdays as a museum and charge admission.

Make enough for everyone here to have a new toaster;)

Seriously cool tools you have there especially with the restoration you've given each and every one!

Some shrewd marketing and you're ready to roll, don't forget the gift shop I think you're set for that too!

• Haha 3

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, 001 said:

different cooking technique---the ribs are  sideways   rather than flat -

We do everything sideways here.

Have to tell a story that happened last week, I was looking for a metal cutoff blade for a chop saw. It was at night and I was looking online, I did find one at Ace hardware for just a little more but it was local so I paid for it and got an email receipt. We call the next day to make sure it was in stock, the lady said her computer said she had 3 but none were on the shelf so she offered to get one on the next truck which was fine with me. 

We went out of town and came back to check on it and she said she had it and we could come in and pay when we pick it up. We told her it was paid for online and I can print my receipt and bring it, she said no you must call corporate and get them to call her. So we told her if that's what she wanted she needed to call, and she said no, why couldn't we have just come in the store like everyone else ? 

We called corporate and they called her, we were told she was giving them 2 different stories and they can see where we paid for it well over a week before.  Well it all came out in the end when we picked it up and she appoligized and she said she could not check the order number because we do not have internet or a computer in the store for that. Then she said our invotory must be off, it says we have not sold one of those blades since 1987........well you don't do online sales and have not had one on the shelf since 1987 so that makes it a little hard to sell one. I don't think Mrs Mable got it.

When you move to this town you need to set your clocks back 20 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It's a common space saver, allowing more racks to be smoked per sq. in.  

Yes it's exactly why, my smoker is not big, and ribs take up alot of space laying down, this way I can do 8 if needed.

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Elden, I swear you could open your new shop Tuesdays and Thursdays as a museum and charge admission.

Seriously cool tools you have there especially with the restoration you've given each and every one!

Some shrewd marketing and you're ready to roll, don't forget the gift shop I think you're set for that too!

Yes happy 4th everyone.

That's funny, it might be easier to make everyone a toaster.  But then they would be extra strength, heavy and ugly, and may need 220v but they would tost bread really fast. :huh:

Three of the big tools were my dads, I grew up around them and many others much bigger, I got these and other smaller tools when my dad died. Part of the reason I want to redo them, besides they work 100% it would make my dad happy. He worked on the railroad and had an aircraft repair shop with my uncle, when I was young I worked with them a little just for fun, it was a cool place and I loved being there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It's just cool to see the bases on them set up for being attached to the cement floor instead of something mobile like everything now-a-days. Yep I'm sure he is real happy with what you've done with them. Rock-On!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Thank You, yes they are heavy and not really made to move but most important made to last.

But not having enough room for permanant mounts I made frames with wheels, this way I can roll it out to the center and have plenty of room. I made heavy extension cords for everything to move them and they hang on the wall behind the tools, even the welder which is like #16 wire.

My sister came by yesterday to get me to etch a vase she wanted, she has not been in the workshop since it was just put up and empty. When she walked in the first thing she said was dad would have loved this. I showed her his tools I was cleaning up, she kind of got upset looking at them. We were lucky to have good parents and my dad could make or fix anything. :emotion-21: 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Great idea, but I'm not sure how successful it would be... someone's always going to throw a wrench in the works... 🤐

• Haha 3

Hope everyone had a good 4th. I did.

Nothing special for dinner. Hamburgers.

Wife called. Asked what I was doing. Nothin'. She suggests I entertain the neighborhood with a concert... "You have that nice stereo... let them hear it"

so, I did. They got DSOM and Brain Salad Surgery at volume. The concert concluded just as the fireworks started at the ranch. I sat on the porch and watched. Was a couple miles away. I didn't have to crane my neck looking up.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

I am liking your wife more and more. :emotion-19:

Nothing wrong with hambergers, I love them and regular sandwiches also, just do.

The ribs came out great, cooked about 10 pieces of cut up bacon then added a bunch of green beans to it and finished cooking it, none of it was left. I did hit the ribs agaon a few hours later but there is still one rack left will get some later before it disapears also.

Went outside for a while last night and watched and listened to everyone shooting off fireworks, there were a bunch of explsions that had to be diy, they don't sell that kind at fireworks stands. Couldn't see much in the sky because of some big trees in the area but they were easy to hear.

Well drank some coffee and cooked breakfast now it's off to the workshop to play and listen to music, light off and on rain, hope it's a little cooler but probably just more humidity.

• Like 3