Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Thanks @OO1 my fellow Hockey fan!

Think it's a little small to call it an SUV even though the brand calls it that. I'm positive it will hold more than that `16 Accord would. Might fit a pair of LS in the back if they weren't boxed up🤞 

Wait I did pull a few leaves off of it after that storm the other night... and I wouldn't have been able to reach the middle of the roof:unsure2:

• Like 3

You heard a cricket?  I hadn't heard a bird chirp until after I got my hearing aids.  Prolly 50 years.  Today, I can hear a mouse fart.  Those that don't, really should take care of their hearing.  

All quiet here in the hood but the phone's been blowin up alllll darn day.  So much for a quiet day.  Rain coming up this way tonight so who knows what may happen.  Blah.   😂

:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

..... after 25 years in "the pit" of bowling alleys, I'm surprised my hearing is still any good, at all.

I could hear one machine, of 24, getting sick from the shop ... while the other 23 were running

and No... we didn't wear hearing protection.... or steel toed shoes. We wore sneakers

OSHA who????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

@grasshopper My outlaws had a couple McD''s a couple Taco Bell's then bought 2 bowling alley's cause they liked to bowl.  Yea, waaaay too much $$$.  Ole Fred had those lanes here in town dialed in.  He'd be out front shootin the bull and know when something was gonna happen EVERY time and off he went. 

As a kid he used to hang w/George Roeder and help keep his flat track bikes tweeked along with his main man Dick Taylor.  I had an old Sportster I picked up cheap and he HAD to go over it completely.  Free is always good but when he was done I had to cough up a couple hundred for his time.  He had that thing in pieces and was like a lil kid at Christmas playin with it.  It ran like a raped ape when he was done w/it.  Wound up selling it when my girls were born.  Kept having this vision of them and hot pipes.  Regretted it but made bucu bucks on the deal.

Fred passed a few years ago so my oldest daughter and I went to calling hours.  There he was holding his old H-D coffee mug that was ALWAYS full 24/7.   Always thought you two had a lot in common, just no sarong or long hair.  He was just like the Fonz.  Slicked back with some great comments and a full mugga!  ALWAYS!   So there's that.    :)  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1st day of summer ...

and it feels like it. Turning up the heat. I'm seeing 110` forecast for Tucson, next week. R/H is still low... single digits

perfect weather for making jerky or mummies

I can see my "pool" getting some use. I should be doing things. If you're needing/wanting to be/work outside, this is the time. Light enough to see and temp is nice. I did a little construction work. We started and 5AM and knocked off at 1 PM.

Going nocturnal prolly wouldn't be a bad idea

• Like 3

2 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

I worked as a Pin Setter nice when I was 18, or so ..

No Thanks. 🙄

you set pins by hand?

I tended machines. 50 year old machines. Four digit serial numbers, old.

Back when the made stuff from cast iron. As long as we could get belts, bushings and bearings, these machines could be fixed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Not by hand, but the AMF Machines would drop Pins etc...all the time

I worked in Brunswick A-2s.  Notice I said in.. 

.. They were pretty reliable, if you kept up on preventative maintenance.... and were handy with duct tape and cardboard

Never worked in AMF machines. I was given the impression that they tended to be more reliable

It´s raining here , the first time since 7 weeks beeing dry , sunny and hot ! Feels good , I can smell the rain in the air , smeels good as well . Got my sec. Latte Macchiato this morning at 9.40 am. Got days off till july 3rd, signed the new working contract two days ago  , my doughter is on a trip again , she traveled to a small german island in the northsea , this island is called " SPIEKEROOG " , it´s forbidden to drive with anykind of motorized vehicles there

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

It´s raining here , the first time since 7 weeks beeing dry , sunny and hot ! Feels good , I can smell the rain in the air , smeels good as well . Got my sec. Latte Macchiato this morning at 9.40 am. Got days off till july 3rd, signed the new working contract two days ago  , my doughter is on a trip again , she traveled to a small german island in the northsea , this island is called " SPIEKEROOG " , it´s forbidden to drive with anykind of motorized vehicles there

we have one of those. Mackinac Island. 

• Like 2

Good Morning

Nothing exciting. Weather is seasonably warm.

The AirForce was playing with the big toys last night.The C-120s/!30s and entourage were coming back from the bombing range well after dark. We live in one the AF's operational areas. Some folks complain about the  sonic booms. Just a fact of life when you live near a SAC base. Anyway... I rather enjoy seeing the show.

Plans for the day ... go to the dump. If the Olds will start. I don't drive it enough to keep the battery up. It's a beater ... but, I still like it. It's a very comfortable car. Reliable and gets 30MPG.

• Like 2