Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

7.53 am here , went to bed at 1 .am and didn´t slept very good , too hot at night , my wife visited a girlfriend yesterday , she had a good time with her. Strangely enough we understand each other for several weeks again really well 🤔

My mother-in-law is now in a nursing home, she is already 82 and quite ill, we can no longer help her especially since she lives 90 km away from us. We hope very much that it will go there better, it comes much work on me, the apartment of my mother in law must be cleared and renovated, the furniture of value we will accommodate in small rental containers. Unfortunately, this is now the last station of life of my mother in law, it is sad to see that a seasoned woman slowly says goodbye from life.

I don´t  want to end like this. If I know that it no longer goes I let me carry to Belgium or the Netherlands, there is active euthanasia legal, in Germany still prohibited. I think every person has the right to decide for himself when he wants to go.

• Like 1

Got some dark roast for the first time in a while, ok but I did put a little brown sugar into the second cup. Couldn't bother getting back up without finishing what was in front of me!

Finishing up my chunky Greek vegetable mix for lunch now.

It was kind of hot and that creamery had a pretty good line out the door yesterday. I'd really just wanted to get out of the place and go for a drive. I'll try that again after I go get some meat for my lunch.

Not going to wash any more dishes than my coffee stuff on my birthday today!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Happy Birthday @JohnJ!  Might thing twice about that ice cream since it's Father's day but since it's your birthday just go to the head of the line and pull rank!  "It's Father's day AND my Birthday so stand aside."  😂

I'd also like to wish all the other Father's out there a Happy Father's Day even though Wal-Mart has bundles of 5 Father's day cards on sale.  Food for thought and maybe even a laff.  :)  Enjoy it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/18/2023 at 11:47 AM, the real Duke Spinner said:

Classic example of a auto / cycle accident The car pulls across the cycles path ...

Bam. !!

the  VT State Police are yet to  determine  who is at fault  , 

Thank You folks, No beef yet, but I'm going to have some for dinner... two meals today.

had a coconut cone that was real good... and got this for this week.

PXL-20230618-211756472.jpg

Lemon - Blueberry that believe it or not are good together! Bypassed the chocolate fudge today!

• Like 4

Jack ain't inexpensive anymore!

Had that Bookers True Barrel twice this past year! Not the thousand dollar plus version it was about $125. Not much into blends but this one was good. The opposite of being old it just impressed me. Smooth like Wellers and E H Taylor are. They are the way my buds lean! That one looks like one of the mid-range ones.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Jack ain't inexpensive anymore!

Had that Bookers True Barrel twice this past year! Not the thousand dollar plus version it was about $125. Not much into blends but this one was good. The opposite of being old it just impressed me. Smooth like Wellers and E H Taylor are. They are the way my buds lean! That one looks like one of the mid-range ones.

I think I like the Calumet 15 year stuff just to the left of the Bookers a bit more, but it was pretty good.

We will probably revisit the Bookers next weekend.

Jeff also has a a couple of bottles of the Jack Daniel’s single barrel, barrel proof.

I think for the price I’d prefer it to the Sinatra, but I’m not buying so I’m not going to say that too loudly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When a vehicle makes a left turn across the lane of another moving vehicle when not in an intersection, there can only be one conclusion. I have been a motorcycle rider for many years and this is a common scenario. A lot of riders die this way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1