Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Congrats @Marvel !

decaf sucks, why bother

& @babadono my little bro was born in Aug of `70. I was already trained to clean up and change shirts before dad came home from work. Dinner was hot and on the table by the time he came back up the hall from washing his hands. The news was already on in the corner of the big kitchen/den room to Cronkite or that other guy.

Mom talked for years, actually never stopped that his first complete sentence was "We going to watch Watergate tonight?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Watergate

At that time I was 10 years old , well I can remember Nixon and the Watergate Affair . America , the big brother of the still young German Federal Republic . All what happened in the USA politically and economically was in Germany of the highest importance. This was reflected in the daily news such as Radio, TV and Newspapers.

• Like 3

Good news , Monday next week I´ll get a new working contract by another company. The owner of the company called me today and wants me to join in his company. In july 3rd I should start.  😁 Till that date I can relax and enjoy the summertime a bit .

• Like 5

1 hour ago, babadono said:

God Bless you Bruce. 38? Not up on this, is that a lot? Or average? And is your trip to the Philippines the big move or just a vacation?

Seemed like a lot. Five days a week until done. It took less that 15 minutes each time. Maybe five minutes for the actual radiation. Here's a link to what they used on me.

https://www.memorial.org/en/services/rees-skillern-cancer-institute/radiation-center-of-excellence/truebeam-stx-radiosurgery-system.html

Trip to the Philippines is just a vacation. Wife says I should retire next year (I'll be 75... turned 74 last Sunday). Too many irons in the fire here at the moment.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Seemed like a lot. Five days a week until done. It took less that 15 minutes each time. Maybe five minutes for the actual radiation. Here's a link to what they used on me.

https://www.memorial.org/en/services/rees-skillern-cancer-institute/radiation-center-of-excellence/truebeam-stx-radiosurgery-system.html

Trip to the Philippines is just a vacation. Wife says I should retire next year (I'll be 75... turned 74 last Sunday). Too many irons in the fire here at the moment.

Retire !!

BTW I was involuntarily retired at 62

But For some reason I am just as busy. ,🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Trip to the Philippines is just a vacation.

Wow , I´ve been in Manila & Makati City once , can´t forget the impressions , they´re still in my mind when I think about that trip.  Not only the spanish colonial architecture surrounded by modern skyscrapers, I stayed in a beautiful 16th century hotel, but also Intramuros a walled colonial neighborhood forms the core of the old town. The food was to die for . Unfortunately, in addition to the prosperity I have also seen a lot of poverty , misery and very dirty slums.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Retire !!

BTW I was involuntarily retired at 62

But For some reason I am just as busy. ,🙄

Retirees never have time , they are just too busy, all day long

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

Wow , I´ve been in Manila & Makati City once , can´t forget the impressions , they´re still in my mind when I think about that trip.  Not only the spanish colonial architecture surrounded by modern skyscrapers, I stayed in a beautiful 16th century hotel, but also Intramuros a walled colonial neighborhood forms the core of the old town. The food was to die for . Unfortunately, in addition to the prosperity I have also seen a lot of poverty , misery and very dirty slums.

Very true... one block is beautiful the next, not so much.

We'll be at this location for a few days:

20190106_132950.jpg

• Like 3

How come water and electricity don't mix well?

In the summer (& the 60mph one day blizzard with four foot drifts in Clt, NC in`04) lightning is all over with the precip!

We had loud and torrential for about an hour, rain for over four with the lightning making it bright in here the whole time. Think I'll let the ac run on 79 again, it's 82 in here now!

• Like 3

We have a dry weather period here since approx 6 weeks there wasn´t any rain at all .   Good that the nights are cool. In the early morning it is nice and humid in nature, it is not so hot here, max 75 F, the winds blow pleasantly fresh, yet it is simply too dry for this time of year.

• Like 3