Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning Gang wherever you are

WiFi here at Denney's sucks, but right now iv got it and am not moving the laptop!

Thad is a Moderator, shoot me NOW!

Hanger #1 is coming along just fine, and im making cash from all the PakRats in the area.

Some goodies go on the first simi double trailer, then if idont want it, the guys come and bird dog the item and argue price offering(s). cool.

So far two snakes (Live) and pizzed!

Hanger #2, air worthy crew has been working six days straight, we start the engine for the second time today and really work it.

The guy next door to me loaned me his monster forklift for as long as my move takes.

The plan is to anchor the rear wheel (tiedown) to the forklift and bring up the prop speed, (that should clear the dust out!) 

On with the day, cheers :emotion-44: :emotion-44: :emotion-44:

• Like 6

Mornin' gang. Finished up a good day yesterday with the new movie version of Exodus. Pretty good but not great. Better half is off work today and we're off to Sears since our dishwasher decided to shoot craps yesterday after 12+ years. Also to Depot to get some garden borders ... need to stake out my backyard turf with Baxter who thinks all of the real estate belongs to him.

Cheers guys.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Morning all.  Back to reality after a whirlwind weekend in Hope.  What a great time.

It was great, the only thing that could have mad it better is if all of you could have been there.

It was way more than we could have asked for in a perfect setting. 

ALSO I can now say I have had the perfect Martini, Carl did not make me a Martini he crafted the perfect Martini, really this was not just thrown together it was perfect, he is a bad influence on me :blink:  :P , Thank you. :emotion-46:  :emotion-21:

• Like 5

• Moderators

No problem

Carl said to me would you like a martini, I said no at first not wanting him to bother. Then he said those words........"have I ever steered you wrong ?), well he knew the answer to that so I had to say sure, knowing whatever it was, it was going to be good.

And it was really really good, the only bad side of it is now if I ever get a Martini when out it's probably going to suck compared to Carls, but it was worth it. Thank You 

I need to find one of those shakers, I already know the correct amount of times to shake it for perfect results. B) 

Christy won't cut you off, if we lived close it might be a different story. :o  :D 

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

Morning guys,

Have not checked in for a few days. Working on 2nd cup, rainy and cool morning so it's really tasty. Been really busy with all kinds of crapp, work, house, yard. You guys know what I'm saying.

Man.....I wish I was going to Hope :-( .......maybe next year.

Well I just wanted to check-in and say hi to my coffee buds......wishing all a great day.....

MKP :-)

I wish I "went" to hope........that is.....

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 5

I could never cut Carl off....I like him too much...too bad I had to drive or I would have had a drink or two myself!!!

Christy you bring up a good point.  The 20 miles from the hotel to RRR.  Both nights I drove back, I quit drinking about an hour before I hit the road and started pounding water.  I was still paranoid about getting stopped as I was perfectly fine to drive but I'm sure I would have registered over the limit.  Pretty much everyone who came by themselves felt the same.  I stayed about 1 or 2 mph under the speed limit just to be sure.  I don't know how we'd fix that as most people want to leave when they want to leave.  A shuttle would be out as it's about an hour round trip.  I'll have to give this some serious thought before next year. 

• Like 4

Mornin' everybody. Sounds like the Hope trip was great. Will give serious thought to going next time. Got the new dishwasher bought yesterday and ordered a new wall oven while we were at it. Substantial sale at Sears made it worthwhile, plus our old oven should probably be in an appliance museum somewhere and is next in line to crap out. Garden borders go up today. Baxter states that he's developing a major resentment.

Cheers and will try to check back in a bit.

• Like 3

Good morning gang

Been on the ground for a few min, early morning flight, Toy handles just fine, a few touch and go's,(3).

After breakfast and this wifi connect, back the the hanger clean out, shot a snake last night w/snake shot

Breakfast @ a mom and pops just outside the airpark, cannot handle Dennys food anymore.

Id yell taco Tuesday, but you just do not do that in Arz.(you might get a REAL one).

• Like 4

Been out of contact for awhile, thought I should  catch up, settled in NC pretty well now the boys are doing great in the new school despite a rocky start  (new style of showing work to appease the state on the end of year testing so the schools can secure funding) They take a simple 5+5+___ and turn it into a 3 line equation  :pwk_bs:

but I suppose / Hope we only have to deal with that for the remainder of this school year...................still waiting on the railroad to do the right thing 31 months and counting

sounds like the hope gathering went well, congrats to all that attended,  Waiting on the rain and the boys to get out of school  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

• Like 7

I could never cut Carl off....I like him too much...too bad I had to drive or I would have had a drink or two myself!!!

Christy you bring up a good point.  The 20 miles from the hotel to RRR.  Both nights I drove back, I quit drinking about an hour before I hit the road and started pounding water.  I was still paranoid about getting stopped as I was perfectly fine to drive but I'm sure I would have registered over the limit.  Pretty much everyone who came by themselves felt the same.  I stayed about 1 or 2 mph under the speed limit just to be sure.  I don't know how we'd fix that as most people want to leave when they want to leave.  A shuttle would be out as it's about an hour round trip.  I'll have to give this some serious thought before next year. 

I could've been DD if I could've made it.  Don't drink a lot of alcohol and do fine without it.   Maybe can arrange that in advance in future years.  

• Like 4

• Moderators
Maybe you can find out if any transportation services in the Hope area, like Taxi or other service with passenger vans. Just a thought!

There are services but part of the problem is everyone leaves at different times, some 8-10 at night some at 4 AM. Plus a taxi service would have to be willing to open a cattle gate and drive to the clubhouse, probably not a problem. 

If nothing else not everyone has a drink so maby a little carpooling if people plan to roughly leave around the same time. You really hate to have a shuttle bus because it would kind of shut things down and have some leave before there ready, unless it's really late. OK.... so I hate to see a party end, sorry. :P

It will work out, just be responsible

• Like 5