Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning gang

Dam tired on this end and will likely take Sat off.

Evac on the hanger yesterday about noon, one of the two "Day Workers" i have, comes running out of the hanger flailing his arms and screaming god knows what (something in Spanish) as he runs past us, the day worker standing next to me takes off running right behind him, i thought he was running after him, turns out he was running WITH him!

The word the guy was yelling was WASPS!!

Paid everyone for the day and called an exterminator, done.

Someday i should really learn a little spanish :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Someday i should really learn a little spanish

I think the same thing.  Then I come to my senses.

Happy Friday everyone.  I've just about made it through the week post Hope.  It was just like the old Wide World of sports, Thrill of Victory and Agony of Defeat, when comparing last week to this one.  Oh well, back in to the grind of life.  Everyone have a great day, then weekend.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Yes it's Friday.

Saterday our daughter is bringing us to a fundraiser for hospice companies in the area, (she's a hospice nurse) it's a crawfish boil. :D  $30 a person to get in and all the crawfish you can eat, 60 different teams boiling as a competition. Last year they boiled 47,000 pounds of crawfish, and there are 3 bands, the first and last is the one I want to hear, I love Zydeco music and Rockin Dopsie and the Zydeco Twisters  are going to be there. :emotion-19:   

The bad part is it is expected to rain, so I will dress to be wet and bring the waterproof camera, either way I'm eating a bunch of crawfish. you can only get so wet

http://www.hospicefoundationofthesouth.org/crawfish-cookoff-2015/

Edited by dtel
  • Like 7

Yes it's Friday.

Saterday our daughter is bringing us to a fundraiser for hospice companies in the area, (she's a hospice nurse) it's a crawfish boil. :D  $30 a person to get in and all the crawfish you can eat, 60 different teams boiling as a competition. Last year they boiled 47,000 pounds of crawfish, and there are 3 bands, the first and last is the one I want to hear, I love Zydeco music and Rockin Dopsie and the Zydeco Twisters  are going to be there. :emotion-19:   

The bad part is it is expected to rain, so I will dress to be wet and bring the waterproof camera, either way I'm eating a bunch of crawfish. you can only get so wet

http://www.hospicefoundationofthesouth.org/crawfish-cookoff-2015/

Knowing you and Crawfish, you should be in Heaven......

• Like 6

Afternoon gang

Back at the Diner/oasis for a spell.

Insecticide was making everyone dizzy by noon, so i paid the guys and gave then the day off Again.

30' Doors cracked and loaned fans cranking, sent the wife into town, i went and fired up my "Certified ready to go Plane" and the radio is dead as a door nail....chit,.Bendix, $2k exchange....oh joy. sitting here in the Diner, alone and spending nothing, im happy for the moment.

• Like 6

Afternoon gang

Back at the Diner/oasis for a spell.

Insecticide was making everyone dizzy by noon, so i paid the guys and gave then the day off Again.

30' Doors cracked and loaned fans cranking, sent the wife into town, i went and fired up my "Certified ready to go Plane" and the radio is dead as a door nail....chit,.Bendix, $2k exchange....oh joy. sitting here in the Diner, alone and spending nothing, im happy for the moment.

My alt. On my Jeep took a chit today. So while I am in there I am fixing the oil filter housing leak. Now I noticed that the sway bar links are going to chit. So now putting a parts list together for the front suspension. Not 2 grand but I know how Ya feeling.
  • Like 4

• Moderators

so I will dress to be wet and bring the waterproof camera
AND YOUR WALLET --- it’s a fundraiser.  Unless you intend to win the crawfish eating contest and donate your winnings.   

Well the only other way to donate would be to buy drinks and hamburgers or hot dogs, which would only be for kids or people who never grew taste buds. :D

We didn't go but this is last year, there were over 10,000 people, but I'm going to be all over the crawfish this year, rain can't hurt boiled crawfish at all. :P

post-9700-0-64960000-1429320342_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-35000000-1429320617_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 5

Good Saturday morning all,  sausage gravy and biscuits this morning and I feel like a stuffed tick...............................we make everything from scratch except the sausage thats jimmy dean brand   YUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....................gotta go outside and attempt to walk some of this off

LATER

• Like 5

Morning gang, breakfast(scrambled eggs and toast) down along with 2nd cup of coffee.  Found out the alt. was good(on the Jeep), so I started digging into the electrical and found some corrosion on one of the power wires.  Went a head and changed the oil, she seems to be running smoth again. Well off to the vet, then a soccer game.  Have a good one guys, and gals.

• Like 6

Morning gang

Getting dam spoiled having breakfast made to order everyday.

Coffee is-a-flowin.

91 today and dam dry here in Snake country.

Opened the hanger up and cranked up the fans, only a few Wasps spotted.

Just may need to move the RV, the whole area smells of insecticide, woke up smelling it.

On with the day.

• Like 5

Mornin' all. Looks like I'm max'ed out on 'likes' for now. Not much to report except our screwy weather will keep my outdoor projects on hold for a while longer. About 15 or so miles west of us a snowy mix has really messed up traffic going up into the foothills. Good day to stay down here in Denver metro. At least we're only looking at some rain and cool temps. Working up some old tunes on the Hammond, mostly old Frankie Valli/Four Seasons stuff. Got inspired watching (again) Jersey Boys BluRay the other afternoon.

Have a great day and weekend. Cheers as always.

• Like 6

• Moderators

Morning gang

Getting dam spoiled having breakfast made to order everyday.

Coffee is-a-flowin.

91 today and dam dry here in Snake country.

Opened the hanger up and cranked up the fans, only a few Wasps spotted.

Just may need to move the RV, the whole area smells of insecticide, woke up smelling it.

On with the day.

Be very careful.  I would move the RV asap.  Some of those insecticides can cause serious illness or even death when inhaled.  I saw a recent news article about a condo that was sprayed in the Virgin Islands (I think that was the location) and the entire family, except Mom was in critical condition.

• Like 5

Good morning everyone!     :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:

Third MUG going now while at the PC looking through the posts...   

I am with you Christy!   Don't like chemicals at all........NEVER use them on our lawns either, only organic fertilizers etc...   But, I guess Mark needed to get those pests somehow, just too bad that it makes for a tough work environment for the human crew... :wacko2:   

Ok, wine glasses, wine glasses, can't wait 'til you arrive :D

Enjoy your day everyone...

...............Gary

• Like 5