Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

I also thought about camping in a tent, but dtel quickly vetoed that idea!   :unsure:  Personally, I thought the weather was absolutely perfect for camping.  I was thinking blow up mattresses for comfort in the tent.  Rodney's clubhouse had shower facilities.  Only thing I wasn't sure about was hot running water for the showers!!!!  LOL

• Like 3

I also thought about camping in a tent, but dtel quickly vetoed that idea!   :unsure:  Personally, I thought the weather was absolutely perfect for camping.  I was thinking blow up mattresses for comfort in the tent.  Rodney's clubhouse had shower facilities.  Only thing I wasn't sure about was hot running water for the showers!!!!  LOL

Cold shower would wake me up without a cup. Oh well, there is next time. :) for dtel to change his mind.
  • Like 3

Morning gang

Took a walk 3am, noticed the lights on at the mom and pop cafe, banged on the back door and the cook was there prepping for the day, ask him if i could go back to mt RV and fetch my laptop, come back here and drink coffee and surf, he said No problem  :emotion-21: 

Been awile since i made coffee in a Bunn machine.

They open at 6, however he is making my breakfast now :emotion-21:  wife is still sleeping.

All that is left in Hanger #1 is my plane, fresh annual, fully fueled and ready for the Reno trip, maybe one more day loading the one of the trucks and he is leaving for Reno, two days projected to load second and be done with this airpark after 46 years!

Sold the first hanger (big one) back in Dec with a 90 day move out clause, the owner seemed like a nice gent, by the end of Jan he had his lawyer contacting me to get the hell out! dam. hate being rushed.

I have a feeling the guy feels a little fleeced/pizzed, appraised at 1.6 sold for 1.2, and im smiling.

Im learning any day without Snake contact is a good day. wife is now packing the 44 w/snake shot.

Looking forward to my first drink in a over a month,(next week) wife says it will be the good stuff :emotion-21:

• Like 8

Im learning any day without Snake contact is a good day. wife is now packing the 44 w/snake shot.

I read this too fast and thought you wrote snark instead of snake LOL.

I sent my brother pictures of the gathering last night and he wants to go next year and bring his travel trailer.  That would remedy everything.

• Like 5

I read this too fast and thought you wrote snark instead of snake LOL.

I sent my brother pictures of the gathering last night and he wants to go next year and bring his travel trailer.  That would remedy everything.

I rented a Class "A" only because we were to be in this thing for two weeks, nice, pricey, and has a Jamo surround system.

• Like 3

• Moderators

dtel needs to market those!

I think he got permission from Amy when she worked at Klipsch to make this batch "not for profit" but marketing them for sale would have copyright issues.  They are beautiful in person as well.

As of this moment my permission to use this HAS NOT been revoked!

• Like 3

Afternoon all,  Had an early shopping trip with the wife pick up the necessities................................had a plug wire fail but was able to repair the end keeping fingers crossed that it holds hat to go out and pay 50+ bucks for 6 wires.  Also have a tire that is bad so be looking to replace a pair of those tomorrow  :(

off to get the boys from school 

Hope everyone has a good day

• Like 4

Afternoon gang

In the diner for lunch, the cook turns out to be the owner, has invited me to bring the RV up here and just set up in back for the next week.....Hummm

Im not hooked up to anything outside the hanger except 220V.

Just went outside and looked, this guy has the FULL hook ups including fresh water/sewer/220, ill be dammed.

Two mile walk to the airpark, been walking it everyday, most here have GolfCarts. im thinking about it.

Cables by the Masses being found in this old hanger, most from 60s era, military, on my second 4yard dumpster.

Looks like im going to have a Prop collection, some reason i like these old things, dad must have kept them for a reason.

PakRat?

• Like 4