Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Afternoon gang

In the diner for lunch, the cook turns out to be the owner, has invited me to bring the RV up here and just set up in back for the next week.....Hummm

Im not hooked up to anything outside the hanger except 220V.

Just went outside and looked, this guy has the FULL hook ups including fresh water/sewer/220, ill be dammed.

Two mile walk to the airpark, been walking it everyday, most here have GolfCarts. im thinking about it.

Cables by the Masses being found in this old hanger, most from 60s era, military, on my second 4yard dumpster.

Looks like im going to have a Prop collection, some reason i like these old things, dad must have kept them for a reason.

PakRat?

If you find any cool items that could act as decorations or yard ornaments. Let me know I need something interesting down at the lakes out front of the camper.
  • Like 3

• Moderators
Looks like im going to have a Prop collection, some reason i like these old things, dad must have kept them for a reason.

I was watching a show the other day, the old props can be worth a lot, they are really cool looking.

• Like 3

Afternoon gang

In the diner for lunch, the cook turns out to be the owner, has invited me to bring the RV up here and just set up in back for the next week.....Hummm

Im not hooked up to anything outside the hanger except 220V.

Just went outside and looked, this guy has the FULL hook ups including fresh water/sewer/220, ill be dammed.

Two mile walk to the airpark, been walking it everyday, most here have GolfCarts. im thinking about it.

Cables by the Masses being found in this old hanger, most from 60s era, military, on my second 4yard dumpster.

PakRat?

If you find any cool items that could act as decorations or yard ornaments. Let me know I need something interesting down at the lakes out front of the camper.

I am keeping a lot of "weird of no use items" and they will be going to Reno, just really a lot of junk furniture, desks, tarps (rotted), plumbing from the 50s/60s, i am hoping for an old coke machine i remember as a kid, still 60+feet @10' high in places to dig out, god knows what is under this stuff. i just do not wish to get bit by something. 

• Like 4

I was watching a show the other day, the old props can be worth a lot, they are really cool looking.

Im up to 11 right now, all wood. couple broken ones, i see tips from some still under more junk.

Food here, need to eat and get back to work.....

Edited by minermark
  • Like 3

old coke machine

I've heard of people turning them into gun safes.

Restored -- those old coke machines are gold mines.   Mark, too bad you’re not closer to me…i have an 80s dollar slot machine that i’m having trouble with.  The third reels just keep spinning.  I’m not mechanically inclined -- i can’t figure out what to do.  I guess i could google it and there is probably a you tube video about this.

• Like 3

Mornin' guys. The subject of old Coke machines reminds me of the the cable show American Restoration. They do that sort of thing but very high dollar. Think they are based in Vegas. Definitely seems to be a market for that stuff. I always think about my grocery work days in my late teens filling the pop machines. Glass bottles no less.

Colorado is doing its typical spring weather thing ... back to snow for a few days. Shirt sleeves yesterday. Oh well, we need the moisture.

Later ............

• Like 5

A little volunteer work for Rescue Connect this morning.  Took two young Beagles to the vet for spay and neuter prior to adoption.  LF went with me.

Came home and made blueberry pancakes with bacon and more coffee.....yum!

Cloudy and a bit cool today.

Been having a Stoli martini with bleu cheese stuffed olives in the afternoon.  Need more vodka.  Maybe Carl will share his recipe.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 5

Been having a Stoli martini with bleu cheese stuffed olives in the afternoon. Need more vodka. Maybe Carl will share his recipe.

I just typed it out and somehow deleted it %$#!@%^*)(*^$#%%#@!@$%

Take a martini glass and fill it 2/3 to 3/4 full of vodka.  I prefer potato and love Chopin.  Pour that into a shaker and fill with ice until you can't see the vodka.  If you're using an un-insulated shaker like stainless cover it with a towel as it gets COLD.  Shake it HARD 100 times (I'm not kidding, I count).  Pour and enjoy.  It should be cloudy grey and have small ice flecks floating in it. 

If you like Gin, use the same method.  I like New Amsterdam, It's every bit as good as Tanqueray 10 and half the price.

Let me know how they turn out.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Take a martini glass and fill it 2/3 to 3/4 full of vodka.

Now that explains a lot, I had to take a break after having one. I have to say it was very good, not what I expected at all and the tiny dots of ice were great and lasted way longer than expected. It was really good. :) Thank you, I am really glad I said YES I will try one.

• Like 2

Bought the Chopin....$26.95 for a fifth.  Your method is similar to mine though I usually swirl vermouth in the martini glass to coat the sides, throw out what remains, and put the glass in the freezer.  Also garnish with the bleu cheese stuffed olive.

Bien!

Maybe Christy can make some etched martini glasses.

• Like 2

setting here sucking on my first cup O the day,  had a decent morning the wife and I dropped off the boys at school and spent the morning wandering checking out the local thrift and pawn scene

decided to wait till may to deal with the tir issue as we are only going a short school drive daily and I dont feel like it is failure eminent,  decided a pair of new tires was a better option than a worn used tire

wire is holding up so far, I believe they are the original wires from 200 when the car was built 

ack to the drawing board

enjoy your day / evening

• Like 2

Good evening my friends....

JUST ordered up FOUR etched glasses for my favorite adult beverage :D  Soon as they arrive, I will have a photo for you all to view...

Hey there Chuck (Tarheel), thanks for taking a stop in over at RTM, good to see you there.   Won't you join in for a listening session with me sometime?   My usual time for hangin' and listening to music with the gang is Friday and Saturday evenings around 8pm. or so (your time)...

I will check in again tomorrow -here- 

........Gary

• Like 4

Good evening my friends....

JUST ordered up FOUR etched glasses for my favorite adult beverage :D  Soon as they arrive, I will have a photo for you all to view...

Hey there Chuck (Tarheel), thanks for taking a stop in over at RTM, good to see you there.   Won't you join in for a listening session with me sometime?   My usual time for hangin' and listening to music with the gang is Friday and Saturday evenings around 8pm. or so (your time)...

I will check in again tomorrow -here- 

........Gary

I just did the same yesterday myself.

Better get-em wile they are available, reasonable too!

• Like 2