Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning all....

Not much going on.....no work on the book today....so I'll be playing with one of my Samurai's today.

For the next few days it will rain rain and more rain. I had to break out the shop-vac yesterday. The shop takes on water when it rains hard...I'm sure I'll be shop-vacing water today.....yea it's a pain....

Getting ready to start 2nd cup, I should take it go....but I think I'll just enjoy it here at the house...

Nice pic Chuck......

Wishing all a good day...

MKP :-)

• Like 7

Congrats to all!

Big changes coming up....Garage Sale pending.

Wife's grandmother has been moved to assisted living facility. Talked to her parents about helping out and they have insisted we move into her home and get it back in shape. Was built in the 30's and hasn't been properly maintained the past 15-20 years.

It'll be a bit of a squeeze (it's a 4/1...about 1300sqft...we are currently in a 6/3.5 3600sqft in a "subdivision") but we'll make it work...and bring it back to life. It sits on 6.5acres so wife is happy she'll be able to have a big garden again as well as chickens and such.

We're clearing it out this weekend and ripping all the carpet out...start restoring the original hard wood floors...then remodeling bathroom and kitchen....then total repaint.

Hope to be in by Thanksgiving

oh yeah.....rent free... B)

So will be most likely getting rid of majority of my Reference Stuff in lieu of space.....once in the new space I'll revisit my Klipsch "wants" and be back in the market.

Fairly large lifestyle change....and ready for it.....

• Like 9

Jason, with the changes you'll be going through, I'd suggest getting a portable building or renting storage space somewhere.  You have no idea how much stuff you have till you try moving it.  In addition, you can't renovate a room while you're using it or have things in there.  It just doesn't work.  Good luck in your endeavors.

• Like 7

Jason, with the changes you'll be going through, I'd suggest getting a portable building or renting storage space somewhere.  You have no idea how much stuff you have till you try moving it.  In addition, you can't renovate a room while you're using it or have things in there.  It just doesn't work.  Good luck in your endeavors.

Yeah.....we rented a 15x40 unit that is literally 2 blocks from the new place.....and we are in our current place until Dec15th.

Plan is to get the floors, bathroom and kitchen done before starting to move things into the new place.....painting can be done as we feel inclined,

We have a TON of stuff...we never really condensed our stuff from two households to one when we got together...so we are fully aware of what we have...and what we need to get rid of....we are using this as our opportunity to do just that.....PURGE!!!

Thanks for the well wishes...it'll be a whirlwind the next couple of months. Great thing is that the kids are actually really excited about it....

• Like 7

That sounds exciting Jason.  What wood on the floors? Funds permitting I would look into a painting crew for a couple of days and prior to the floor work.  Around here painters are the most affordable subs.

Good luck!

old heart pine floors.....funny you mentioned that....as my wife just called and said the same thing....just called a good friend of mine that owns a drywall/painting company and he's going to barter out some work for me... :D

I've got an old Coke Machine and a kegerator that he's been eyeballing.....and was some of the things we were going to look to get rid of anyways.. :emotion-19:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-22:

• Like 6

Good to be from a small town......just got a call from the storage place (owned by a high school buddy)

"Jason...just came in and saw that you guys rented and 15x45 for $200/mnth......I've got two 15x30's that are side by side that I could get you for about $175....I'll go ahead and write that up if you're ok with that...."

B)

• Like 8

Happy October everyone! 23 degrees at 6am and more importantly for us here - it's pfd day in Alaska! No we're not honoring personal flotation, it's the day every Alaskan (children incl) receives a check from the state's oil permanent fund dividend (pfd). This year it's a record so everyone gets a check for $2,070. I'll drink a coffee to that! Before any animosity develops over that, I'd like to remind you that it's 23 and will likely be that or lower in the mornings until late April and it's pretty expensive to live here too. :-) Still a fun day. Nice way to get the boys college funds fired up! Have a great Thursday!

• Like 12

Good news Dave!

Jason.....I have heart pine as well.  Sawed from old timbers.  Finished them with satin polyurethane.  Recoated once in the last 27 years. 

You are on a roll with help from the neighbors.  How are all the innards....plumbing, electrical, foundation, roof, hvac?

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 9