Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good afternoon everyone..............  Mark, that is too funny - well, at least from where I am sitting....  We don't have that kind of neighbor, but we do have very friendly ones which will watch our house when we are away AND of course, enjoy my loud outdoor audio system :D !

Shower photos look fine, we get a good idea of what work is going into the project and I can't wait until the final photos show the finished room ^_^

OK, all my photos are up in RTM from this afternoon's live concert. (take a look, I was pretty much the only one posting today)  I can tell you, it is VERY easy to get hooked into buying the $14 per month season passes!   The archives are huge and you can search via composer, conductor etc.   I already found some great stuff that I would like to see, but my $9 pass only lasts a week to take it all in :wacko: ...

Enjoy your afternoon everyone..........  more on our show later this evening...

.............Gary

• Like 7

Afternoon all....

It's a lazy Saterday for me and the wife today....we hit the community flea market today...walked around for a few hours. Wife got a few books and I got some silly thing that you can hook your i-pod to it and it plays out of it's eye's.....for 2 bucks I had to get it.... will probably give to the grandkids.

After that we went to the hibachi grill buffet.... for a buffet it's great....

That's about all for now....check in later....

A good night to all....

MKP :-)

• Like 7

At the opposite end of the spectrum, we moved into the modern age with steaming digital. A Toshiba laptop running JRiver 21 was doing player duty. The Mark and Daniel Maximus Opal Air4 took care of all the rest. They are SKAA wireless, NuForce DAC, D-class amps and speakers all in one complete package. Everyone was impressed with these gems.

rcas102615b.jpg

• Like 8

Good morning everyone!    :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:

WOW, great photos there Wardsweb, :smile:   I saw those Heart LPs in the first photo and thought of Steve right away also, AND, was shocked to see the same turntable (RP-6) and in the SAME color as mine !   

Did anyone notice the standard wobbly platter ?   Did they like the sound of the Exact II cart ?    I upgraded my subplatter the week I bought mine.   Installed a Groove Chaser made for RP-6 only, made from solid, billet aluminum and JEWEL bearings, with incredible tolerances!   That fixed everything :emotion-21:

Ok, TODAY the Diamond Collection (our band) is playing TWO concerts at the Eastern States Exposition fair.   It is a rare occurrence, as the 60' concert stage is for MAJOR players only, but two years ago, and for the first time in the 80+ year history, this band broke the ice.  It was the first time a LOCAL group had graced that stage!   I was off that year, so this will be my first time on the 60' performance stage!!  ^_^

I will have the iPad and will try to send off some photos for you all to see later today.

Have to be in the park (with our all access photo passes) and stage side by 8am.   We will be there for the day and well into the evening.

LAST Thursday, when I went to get my photo ID/Pass made up, over 90,000 persons passed through the ticket gates by the end of the day !!!   It is a huge, annual event.

Ok, all for now, got to get the SUV loaded and me ready to get out the door...   Dunkin Donuts for coffee, the cables are packed and ready to go :lol:

.......stay tuned my friends........more to come B)

.............Gary

• Like 7

Mornin' guys .. still have a few 'likes' to catch up on but wanted to check in. Great pics Wardsweb!! Wish I could have been there.

Busy Sunday here ... gonna meet up with a neice from Pueblo who is in town for a concert and then prep the smoker for ribs. Celebrating my daughter-in-law's birthday here. Will have them, our 2 yr old granddaughter and their tiny dog to go along with us and Baxter. Should be a bit chaotic but lots of fun. Bax doesn't realize he's been 'fixed' and thinks he's in love with the little dog. One can dream, I guess. :P

Have a great Sunday and cheers to ya'll.

• Like 8

Good Overcast Sunday morning Folks.......................Looks like no eclipse for me tonight unless it clears off  really fast, According to the stupid Azz weather man this was supposed to be gone yesterday (only job in the world where you can be wrong 75% of the time and stay employed)

Wards the meet looks like a fun time  :)

Gary, Break a leg  :blink:  :rolleyes:

Spent some time yesterday setting up a receiver Hooked PS3 to it then to TV and set ampsandsound prototype full rangers in the corners on the dash also discovered the amp had a digital in so hooked that to the laptop via the Audiophilleo AP1, nnow can stream movies through netflix / amazon prime through the ps3 and have the audio through the speakers  MUCH BETTER,  also has a headphone jack which sounds barely OK The onboard dac kinda blows

Onward with your Sundays 

• Like 8

Morning Gang

Coffee is-a-flowin.

Trying to think of what if any, tasks today, nothing comes to mind.

Coffee, Waffles, Rest.

Gary, Enjoy the good times, the only thing better than front row is the Stage  :emotion-21:

90+ again today, really means a "No Work Day"

post-57941-0-92780000-1443366556_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 9

Morning all! Wards - great pics! Believe it or not, no one has set something like that up here in small town Alaska...yet. I imagine that would be a great time! Enjoy the day, football season is upon us in full swing! Cup one is on board - strongly considering #2 as the 11 mo old decided he was going to up and at 'em at 6 on Sunday... zzzzzz.....

• Like 7

Afternoon all.....

Bringing this Sunday to a close......

Laid in bed till 2:30 today.....me and the wife watched a few movie's.... she got up around 10:00 a got me my 1st cup....then it was dvd time...

We ate some eggs around 3:00 after that I went out and cut the front part of the yard... just the front needed it...this will be the last cut of the season.

After that we hooked the cart up to the tractor and started bringing the firewood around to the back of the house. Stacked about 2/3 of a cord....gotta save some for the kids....over two more cords to stack...

Well that's my day....gonna clean up and watch some more movie's...

Yea Joe....it's cloudy here also....would love to see that moon tonight....but I don't think that's going to happen...

Gary....have a great time...post some pic's for sure..

JL Sargent....that one made me laugh big time....that's some funny chitt right there..

Ward...great pic's for sure...thanks...

Everone have a great rest of the Sunday....take care....

MKP :-)

• Like 8

Afternoon Gang

Could not just sit around today, fk rest, iv got chit to do.

Started second stack Refurb, LF housing stripped out and my Fav smell in the world "Resin" currently setting up.
Stripped out the Tweet module, stinks inside just like the first one, what the hell kind of putty Klipsch was using years ago is likely one of the reasons they do not make these anymore.

Corona time, killed the Mo. bottle of wine, great taste but Zero effect.

post-57941-0-77380000-1443395795_thumb.j

• Like 9