Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Afternoon all.....

Bringing this Sunday to a close......

Laid in bed till 2:30 today.....me and the wife watched a few movie's.... she got up around 10:00 a got me my 1st cup....then it was dvd time...

We ate some eggs around 3:00 after that I went out and cut the front part of the yard... just the front needed it...this will be the last cut of the season.

After that we hooked the cart up to the tractor and started bringing the firewood around to the back of the house. Stacked about 2/3 of a cord....gotta save some for the kids....over two more cords to stack...

Well that's my day....gonna clean up and watch some more movie's...

Yea Joe....it's cloudy here also....would love to see that moon tonight....but I don't think that's going to happen...

Gary....have a great time...post some pic's for sure..

JL Sargent....that one made me laugh big time....that's some funny chitt right there..

Ward...great pic's for sure...thanks...

Everone have a great rest of the Sunday....take care....

MKP :-)

Laid in bed till 2:30!!!

Now THAT'S a good day :D

• Like 7

Good early morning my friends.......... :emotion-44:  :emotion-44: :emotion-44:  

Thank you everyone for the well wishes with our 'big' show yesterday :wink:    I took lots of photos between the iPad and SLR before sound check and during the show!  However, the WIFI was so overloaded with all that were trying to access it, that it was impossible to use, so I was out of communication with you all :wacko2:

It was a very long day........arrived at fair 7:45am.  Unload SUV with all band mates, then drive a quarter mile to the special parking area for fair vendors.  Walk back to the stage, setup.  Shown dressing rooms, hang on stage, setup gear, wait for audio crew.  Sound check completed by 12 noon.   Funny German acrobat / comic show begins, all keyboards covered with black sheets.

First show for us at 3:00pm., backing up our front man Jimmy Mazz was fun, all the rehearsals learning oldies from the 60ies and 70ies etc. paid off.   Then the Shania Twain set with our own lady stepping up front to sing, crowd got into that :emotion-21:  After the show, me and fellow keyboardist went and checked out the Yamaha piano display to see and play checking out the latest developments which are incredible!

Back to dressing room, have a nice catered dinner, hang for a while, take photos of the signatures on the walls from many great artists that have graced the stage, then back out to watch the acrobat comedy show on same stage.  Return to dresssing room, get ready to hit the stage for a shorter 1.5 hour Diamond show at 8pm..   Weather was great, smallish but very enthusiastic crowd.  We were done by 9:30...    Take down all gear, leave the stage area, walk a quarter mile back to cars..   Drive back RE-entering the park  through the proper gate we were told to use which was locked!  People were still walking out of the park, finally after about 10 minutes, gate opened, our caravan of vehicles stroll through the park, between the walking crowds, get strange looks by all the police!!   Load up the gear, head home - 10:30pm...  WHEW!  :wink:

I will go through the photos and try to put something together this week.

STEVE, I have a possible photo of interest for you too...  :smile:

........sorry for the  L O N G post, but just thought  some of you would like to hear a little about this musician's day :emotion-29:

Enjoy your Monday..........back to various grinds today....including a Dunkin Donut's dark roast made right at my work bench :emotion-21:

......Gary

• Like 7

Morning Gang

Impending farm run, not much else to do around here, 90s again.

Relpacing outlets that somehow when things are plugged into them, the plugs Fall out :huh:

Skeeter joining me with my morning coffee.

Tiger's "Goodtime workload" makes me tired reading it.

Dtel seems to have the right idea.

More coffee, and shave for the first time in five days.

Worker Bee's better be on the clock already.

post-57941-0-19420000-1443454901_thumb.j

• Like 8

Great pics Luther!  I could tell just by looking that there was more than one anal retentive person in attendance.

Many thanks to my brother who drove 3 hours to help me this weekend.  I wouldn't have gotten a fraction of the amount of progress made that I did if he didn't help.  As it is I have a bunch left but here's where I left off.  The floor was a bee-ah-tch.  Especially around the drain.  One particular piece took about 15 minutes as it kept crumbling on me.  I'm using porcelain on the walls but the floor is a grainy soap stone like material that's slip resistant.  The down side is that it crumbles easily.  Here's the drain.  Most of the perimeter had to be laid a couple tiles at a time.  Very tedious.

Edit for typos

post-13087-0-62140000-1443483416_thumb.j

Edited by CECAA850
  • Like 7

Good Monday evening gang

A full day on the farm, kicked azz on ALL of the electrical issues :emotion-21:

Reworked the CCTV system, one bad Cam, will rework on the bench.

GreyGoose & Cran was the energy drink of the day....all day :wacko2::emotion-21:

Lizards everywhere, must be the season, wife wants one.

Time for a Guinness :emotion-22:  :emotion-21:  

Edited by minermark
  • Like 9