Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

A-10.  The cheapest price I found was at Target.com of all places. 

I would probably think about a multi-cup brewer if my wife and I drank the same type of coffee, which we don't.  And that's OK....Having spent so many years traveling around the world, and living in Seattle, we've become very"picky" if you will, about the type, strength, etc, etc.  She's moved to half decaf.....I'm not there, need the zip...

The thing about this is you can brew yours and she can brew hers back to back.  It will brew coffee as fast as you can pour the water.  As a matter of fact, you have to have the carafe on the burner when you pour water in it or as coffee starts coming out before you can finish pouring the water in!  When my mother in law comes to visit, we pull out an OLD Mr Coffee machine to make her decaf in.  We won't need to do that now.  We'll either use an old carafe from our last maker or get another Bunn carafe.

We got a second carafe and also an auxiliary warmer, plus an extra brew basket.  One basket for coffee and one for tea.  Everyone's happy.

• Like 6

Also, I thought they had to install safety switches for the lid.  Water does not flow until the lid is down.  Our first Bunn was the instant in/out variety.  Their customer service is excellent.  Great warranty support, and if it's out of warranty, they will give you a discount for a new one.

• Like 5

We got a second carafe and also an auxiliary warmer, plus an extra brew basket. One basket for coffee and one for tea. Everyone's happy.

You can also get a 2 carafe unit but I couldn't justify the counter space or expense.

Same here.  The little warmer can go wherever you have space and an electrical outlet.

• Like 5

Also, I thought they had to install safety switches for the lid.  Water does not flow until the lid is down.  Our first Bunn was the instant in/out variety.  Their customer service is excellent.  Great warranty support, and if it's out of warranty, they will give you a discount for a new one.

I believe ours is just a plastic door.  No mention of closing the lid to make coffee in the manual either.  Ours came with a plastic graduated container to put water in so that the carafe could be in place as you pour water.  It's pretty much water in coffee out simultaneously.  It also came with a device to put where the grounds holder normally goes if you just want hot water.

• Like 4

And of course there are no "on topics" in this thread.  Talk about whatever you want :smile: Your father's hernia....the last time your son went to prison.....what your wife wears to bed....how bad your 401 is doing....lawn mowers or your favorite brand of Catsup....by the way where is Steve.....

Just back from pressure washing LF's house....again :wacko2:  Finished and had a martini at 3:05 :unsure2:   Drug all the screened porch furniture out and wash it.....the gazebo and ho tub area.  Too much work for an old man :wink: She will have to be real good to me tonight.

Out of the blue I thought of two new years resolutions.  Take better care of my yard equipment and not to call Carl's wife after 11pm.....

• Like 6

• Moderators
Even my wife (who uses flavored creamer) commented on how much less bitter coffee is now that we're using it. 

Hey don't be talking about us flavored creamer people like that, I see you looking down at us as if were taste bud impaired.   :o  :P

• Like 5

....lawn mowers

Just scored a used Honda "cruise control" (lol) twin blade mower plus a McLane  commercial edger/trimmer.  The mower is not my style since I prefer the simple models that I can lift on my own, but it is deluxe.  The edger/trimmer is bad-***. 

Edited by oldtimer
  • Like 7

• Moderators
Drug all the screened porch furniture out and wash it.....the gazebo and ho tub area.  Too much work for an old man

It always good to was down the ho tub area before using. :blink:  :lol:   

• Like 4

Evening gang...

Just checking in......Things are things..............doing OK..........The BOSS has her hands full.......I've been at the shop by myself most of the week...The BOSS will come by in the afternoon once she is done at moms....

Should have  worked out tonight but me and The BOSS stopped on the way home for a sub..........I'll work out twice as hard next time ;)

Check-in later

MKP :-)

• Like 6

....lawn mowers

Just scored a used Honda "cruise control" (lol) twin blade mower plus a McLane  commercial edger/trimmer.  The mower is not my style since I prefer the simple models that I can lift on my own, but it is deluxe.  The edger/trimmer is bad-***. 

Dixie Chopper makes a mower, the rest are all just tools!

Rog

• Like 4

Mark,

My mom is waisting a lot of her time on the phone and running back and forth 3 hours each way to her sisters house who is going through the same thing the Bosses mom is. She just fell and broke her hip again for the third time. Only thing I have to say is it couldn't have happened to a better person. Wish I could take it out of the Bosses mom and give it to my aunts only child as well.

Mean, I know, but they have been dead to me ever since they charged to take care of my Grandmother and put her in a nursing home when my grandfather refused to pay over $500 a week to let her stay with her favorite daughter in the 1980's. My mom got Grandma out of the nursing home and took her home to Florida to die in her own bed. A dozen more stories just like this one about my aunt and cousin.

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 4

TGIF Spring is definitely here in Southeast Michigan. Flowering trees are in bloom. Dandelions pop up to demand removal. It's time for some coffee.

Chuck-

Notwithstanding your assurances that any topic (within the rules) goes, I'd like to steer the talk to coffee, specifically coffee makers. The discussion about the Bunn A10 has reminded me that we need a new coffee maker. Sure, we have the manual multi-part pour over system that was a gift from our son, but really? Who's got that kind of time? I want caffeine in a hurry, but I want it to taste strong, smooth and good. We'll save the PITA system for use when our son visits.

Everyone-

The A10 will fit our needs and budget. Before I pull the trigger though, what are some other machines that can make ~ 10 cups quickly and well in that under $300 price range?

Chuck-

Some clarification regarding your topic suggestion.

....the last time your son went to prison....

By "last" are you referring to the most recent time or the final time? One always hopes the most recent time is the final time, but then hope springs eternal.

Everyone have a great day and a great weekend.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 8

The A10 will fit our needs and budget. Before I pull the trigger though, what are some other machines that can make ~ 10 cups quickly and well in that under $300 price range?

There's a bunch out there.  You can research yourself to exhaustion.  I think I paid 210 plus tax and shipping for mine at target.com.  That's about half of retail.  I've only been using it for about a week or so but this is one of those things that I wish I had done sooner.  They're designed to be left on all the time but I had a hard time justifying keeping water hot all day and night when it wasn't in use.  I turn it off after we use it in the mornings and on when I get out bed to shower.  By the time my wife does her two snooze cycles and gets up, the water is hot and ready to go.  It only takes a couple minutes from the time you pour the water in till your coffee is ready.  The water doesn't boil like in a conventional maker, that's why (I believe) it's not as bitter as it doesn't burn the beans.

• Like 4