Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

......opening screenimage.pngThe musicians entering the stageimage_5.png

The concert music we are about to hear/see performed....image_2.png...nice shot of the Steinwayimage_1.png...and the opening lines of the piano scoreimage_4.png....the Maestro!image_3.png....another angle of the guest soloistimage_5.png...View from my seat ;0)image_6.png...I will grab a few more toward the end of the performance......

• Like 3

....oops, some of the photos did not copy correctly with the captions.....View from my seat should be this one... ;0) Sorry for the blurry image, an iPad under low light.....image_1.jpeg

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 4

.....some final scenes from the conclusion of the concert.....image_17.png....just after the final notes of the orchesrtra where heardimage_16.png...flowersimage_19.png....and the final bow from Maestro....image_20.png...here is the next one coming up.....however, image_18.png

Next Saturday, The Diamond Collection will be deep in a pre concert, all cast rehearsal on the 'Sun Cost' performance stage Los Vegas.....we go on at 7pm. PACIFIC ! So, I will have to catch this from the archives the following week.

All for now......you've had your weekly dose of classical music culture in photos ;0)

• Like 6

Happy weekend all.  Mark, good thoughts going your way.

Our old coffeemaker has been randomly turning itself off.  Sometimes after it brews and sometimes while it's brewing.  This is the second Cusinart we've had that has had power issues.  We decided to go in a different direction.  We'll break it in tomorrow morning.

post-13087-0-48860000-1460845664_thumb.j

• Like 6

• Moderators

Just got back from pigging out on crawfish,   :D it was the 13th annual crawfish cookoff to raise money for Hospice house in Slidell Louisiana. 

Over 45,000 pounds of crawfish cooked by 60 different teams and I have say, It's a great deal.   It is $35 to get in and all the crawfish you can eat plus 3 bands that played from 11-6.

It's the second year we have gone and have no plans to miss any more if at all possible. 

post-9700-0-94340000-1460854379_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-44180000-1460854439_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-36220000-1460854479_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-48860000-1460854595_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-91340000-1460854622_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-28820000-1460854652_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-46300000-1460854689_thumb.jp

• Like 10

Just got back from pigging out on crawfish,   :D it was the 13th annual crawfish cookoff to raise money for Hospice house in Slidell Louisiana. 

Over 45,000 pounds of crawfish cooked by 60 different teams and I have say, It's a great deal.   It is $35 to get in and all the crawfish you can eat plus 3 bands that played from 11-6.

It's the second year we have gone and have no plans to miss any more if at all possible. 

Hey Elden!

How many of those 60 teams did you and Christy get to try out??

Very Jealous of you two on this!

Looks like the stage could have used some KP-600s :emotion-14:

Never heard if you and Kev ever had that peel and eat contest?

Bet the mud bugs were great! How bout some more pics?

Rog

• Like 5

Awesome pics as usual Gary, world class musicians for sure.

Elden, nice looking festival, did you dodge the bad weather?

Perfect weather for us today, high of 80, and sunny. We were scraping ice off of windows just 4 days ago!

Enjoy the day everyone.

• Like 5

• Moderators

Hey Elden!

How many of those 60 teams did you and Christy get to try out??

I tried all but 2-3 but I did try some 5-6 times, because they were closer to where we were standing and they were good.

Very Jealous of you two on this!

Looks like the stage could have used some KP-600s :emotion-14:

They were using JBL and it sounded VERY good, it sounded so good I went and talked to the sound guy and told him how good I thought it sounded ,  ​he appreciated it, I guess no one ever talks to them ?

Never heard if you and Kev ever had that peel and eat contest?

Never did but I'n not worried about him I know I could take him.........

Bet the mud bugs were great! How bout some more pics?

Rog

post-9700-0-89340000-1460911210_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-56420000-1460911250_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-01580000-1460911271_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-54580000-1460911359_thumb.jp

• Like 4

• Moderators
Elden, nice looking festival, did you dodge the bad weather?

Thanks, it was fun but how could it not be, crawfish, beer, daiquiris and music playing all day.

Yes, very overcast but not a drop of rain and very windy and 75 degrees, about perfect.  

• Like 4

I remember Monday mornings.....use to dread them during my working years :blink:

The R2R I retrieved seems to be in fine shape and is mated with a Pioneer SX-950 as the third system.  Playing through the LS/Altec speakers.  Realized that the tech also had my X-7R manual that I didn't see while there. 

I bought 53 Maxell tapes from the wife of a gentleman who passed away several years ago.  He had recorded everything at 3 3/4 so fidelity is not quite up to snuff.  A lot of pop I won't listen to but I feel a little reluctant to record overall his work.  I even have his handwritten play list.  Don't know....

Well you worker bees go out there and make us proud :smile:

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 7

Morning gang...

Yup Monday again..... it's all good..... 

Worked all day Saturday and went out to dinner with my old shop helper and his wife. It's been some some since we hung out with those guys. Was a good night.

Sunday The BOSS and I had to drive up to PA. and get a hospital bed for mom. The BOSS found it on CL for $200. the mattress was another $100 and the table was $50.  We hooked up my trailer and we drove up. My son came along to help. Getting the bed on the trailer was easy. But getting the bed in the house was a whole different story. OMG this thing weighed a ton. I think it has a weight of 375lbs. We had to turn it on it's side to get it through the doors. I had to strap it together cuz it wanted to open up.  I'm not a weakling but I'm not superman, it took everything I had and then some. At one point I was really unsure if just me and my son could do it. But we tucked our junk up and got it done :emotion-21:

Mom got released from the hospital yesterday around 6:00 or so and when she got there the bed was all set up, The BOSS took care of that.  This bed will make things so much easier. Mom is doing better. But at this point what is better. The BOSS had it out with one of her sisters this morning. The one sister said she couldn't help this weekend cuz she had some plans. They were  :pwk_bs: plans.....WTF.... Let me tell ya The BOSS served her a$$ to her. Since the passing of The BOSS's dad..... our would has been turned up side down.....everyday we try to stuff 10lbs of shitt into a 5lb bag!!!! There's never enough time to do it all but we get it done. The only people that seem to get this is The BOSS, me, my eldest daughter and just one of The BOSS's sisters. The other two sisters are worthless. 

Anyway let me get to work..... The BOSS is at mom's this morning and I'm here at the shop by myself.... I gotta start filling that 5lb bag with a bunch of shitt....I gotta get out of here to by 5:00..... need to work-out tonight

A good day to all...

MKP :-)

• Like 11