Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Weather got serious last night. Literally got hammered. I've never seen it hail like that in San Antonio. My wife's SUV look like someone took a ball peen hammer to it.

radar.jpg

hail.jpg

My wife's Dad lives in New Braunfels, I guess I better check on him.

• Like 4

After looking them up whole house mechanical filters go from$39-$500

I can't recommend THIS company enough.  The build quality on their products is first rate.  The Futura-10 would probably do it.

I bookmarked that site….thanks.

Ok plumber/water treatment dudes and duddetts; other than trenching thru yard and under the sidewalk to have the equipment in the garage how would you install in this situation. I don't want it outside the fence in the front yard and I don't want it outside in this corrosive environment anyway.

post-19886-0-83580000-1460590621_thumb.j

• Like 5

• Moderators

Same here, it was cheap years ago because if not cooked enough it's tough, I guess everyone figured out how to cook it ? Or they just raised the price like everything else ?

Pork butt is similar but still goes on sale for ,99 a pound, hope they don't figure out how good it is if smoked for about 12 hours for an internal temp around 210 degrees.

• Like 3

Wasn't really planning on it, but brisket for 1.49 and the adrenaline of the NHL playoffs (and dachshund hockey of course) has me smoking a 19 pound brisket while watching playoff hockey.

I have put a fair amount of meat on the smoker in my day, but I must admit, I've not come across a 19 pound brisket....where does one procure such a monstrous slab o' beef?  Custom cut?  I want to see photos!!

• Like 2

It was at Kroger.  It was the largest one which means nothing when I choose, but it was the best one.  I'll try to post pics later.  The flat is relatively thin but the point was pretty big.  I have about 29 inches of linear space, and this thing took up about 26 inches worth.

Edited by oldtimer
  • Like 4

It was at Kroger. It was the largest one which means nothing when I choose, but it was the best one. I'll try to post pics later. The flat is relatively thin but the point was pretty big. I have about 29 inches of linear space, and this thing took up about 26 inches worth.

You must have a really upscale Kroger store. Mine is decidedly low-end.

• Like 2

Happy Friday all.  I hope that the inactivity shown by MKP and the boss merely means they're busy, not that the bosses mother's issues are occupying their time.  Hopefully she'll be better soon.  To everyone else, the weekend is right around the corner.

• Like 7