Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Well the new kitchen faucet went in without a hitch...Praise God. So at least I got one chore finished this weekend. The master shower remains unfinished but the good news is the super at my work thinks we have the tool I need to get that bastard out. Time for a cocktail..... Cheers Buds and Budettes :emotion-22::emotion-46:

• Like 7

Newly retrieved R2R working fine

How much did the widow charge for the repair?  

She wouldn't take money, couldn't find an invoice or my take up reel, I left my contact number in case she finds his notes. I have no idea what work was done.  I did take her a flat of NC strawberries.

• Like 7

Happy Monday all.  I had a fairly productive weekend as well.  One of the amps I'm building got completed.  I'll see if it makes noise tonight.  I also fixed a nagging check engine light in our old '05 Malibu.  It was my parents car that we inherited when they passed.  I've been having an EGR insufficient flow code for some time now.  Previously I checked the tube from the exhaust to the valve and the opening in the intake and all were clear.  I figured the valve was sticking (125K on the car) and had found a decently priced one on line.  Before I ordered one I decided to take the throttle body off and look at the opening in there.  Sure enough, it was almost completely caked up solid with carbon.  I pulled the valve again and spent about 30 minutes cleaning the intake passage from both sides.  Since it's been back together, we've driven it 4 times and so far no light.  I love repairs that require no parts.  We also purchased a new, 2014, never titled Jeep Compass last week for my daughter who'll be turning 18 next month.  It'll replace the Malibu as her vehicle.  They sold it to me for 2/3 of sticker as it had depreciated just sitting here on the lot for over 2 years.  She'll have a full new car warranty as well.  The jeep fell through the cracks somehow when it was put on the lot but not put into inventory electronically.  Oh well, good for us.

Everyone have a great week!

• Like 3

Morning gang...

I feel what you guys are say about the cylinder wall... the pic makes it look alot worse than it is. There's no major scoring on the walls.... yea the cross hatch has worn off a bit... will it use alittle oil???? maybe??? Will it be a crop duster really doubt it.... Now if this was a 4cylinder.. oh yea out with those pistons, inframe overhaul!!

It's like where do I stop... where do I draw the line.... Pulling the pan and re-ringing this thing is a whole other ring of fire I'm not jumping through.... The Honda gods will be with me ;) Just between Head set, Timing belt H2O pump kit, all the pulleys, Exhaust valves and machine shop,ect ect. I have more in parts than I paid for this beast.. I got no problem dumping a qt or two in it between changes... Hell it'll be like all the other 300k Honda's I own.. lol lol

Gotta roll... The BOSS just called from mom's house somethings up... Later..

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Looks like a rainy day here in the Port City.  Azaleas pretty much done so pruning can't be far behind. Got a bunch to prune.

Had a drink by the ICC at sunset with friend from LA and LF.  Then some panamerican food at Ceviches.  Very tasty.

Helping LF weed out contractors for her new house renovations.  Meeting kitchen designer and painters Friday.  Talked with 3 window replacement guys and know who I want her to use. Two wrap the brick molding with vinyl....the other replaces with pvc.  Pvc guy wins.

Welcome back dtel. 

Sancho and Joe still MIA. 

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 5

• Moderators

Thank You Tarheel, I just went through the whole Azalea trimming thing, including removing a few volunteer trees growing and a few sticker bushes.  This was last week, I still have some spots healing from that job, I was bleeding like a pig. 

I have seen people complain about there azaleas not blooming much, it usually turns out they trim them during the year whenever needed. Your doing right, after the last flowers fall it's time to trim, if it's trimmed after May they will bloom very little or not at all the next year. 

Good luck with the contractors, and the LF.

• Like 5

Morning gang...

I feel what you guys are say about the cylinder wall... the pic makes it look alot worse than it is. There's no major scoring on the walls.... yea the cross hatch has worn off a bit... will it use alittle oil???? maybe??? Will it be a crop duster really doubt it.... Now if this was a 4cylinder.. oh yea out with those pistons, inframe overhaul!!

It's like where do I stop... where do I draw the line.... Pulling the pan and re-ringing this thing is a whole other ring of fire I'm not jumping through.... The Honda gods will be with me ;) Just between Head set, Timing belt H2O pump kit, all the pulleys, Exhaust valves and machine shop,ect ect. I have more in parts than I paid for this beast.. I got no problem dumping a qt or two in it between changes... Hell it'll be like all the other 300k Honda's I own.. lol lol

I like it, a man who takes risk. We need more like you in the rental industry. If you move to omaha and are in need of a job, ive got you covered.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Well got the shower cartridge replaced last night with the borrowed tool. Amazing what having the right tool can do for ya. Noticed a crack in one of the plastic parts when re assembling, Moen is now sending some new ones of this part also. Now I still have a very, very slow leak from the overhead shower head, just enough to make a very small puddle in the bottom of the shower overnight. Need to replace the "volume" cartridge now, the first one was the "thermostatic" cartridge... Hey Moen send me some of those also... What a PITA

• Like 6

Morning gang...

As long as it does not smoke like a crop duster or foul out your plugs i would not worry about it, worst possible thing is you will need to replace your O2 sensors more often and keep an eye on your oil level.

I miss doing this stuff. :(

Edited by jason str
  • Like 3