Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good day, won $7.00 worth of change playing poker. Drank $16.00 worth of liquor.

How much were you winning at $8 worth of liquor?

Is this a test ?

Just trying to figure out if alcohol helps or hurts when playing poker

$3.50 :unsure:

If you get too drunk and throw caution to the wind its probably not a good thing.

I normally come out ahead but not always.

Just for fun anyways, nickel, dime, quarter poker just makes things more interesting.

• Like 5

• Moderators
No snow here but a nice Sunday on the water.....first salt water at Wrightsville Beach and next fresh water on Cape Fear river.  With LF, my friend from LA, and his daughter who goes to school in Alabama. 

Nice pictures Tarheel, it's just built in us to want to be by water.

• Like 5

• Moderators

We ate at the local Chinese place last night and I just ate the leftovers for lunch. Moo Shoo Pork just as good next day. Who else likes that dish here? Every once in a while just got to have some good ole Chinese!

Yes anytime, cold or hot, I don't care, Chinese is my favorite. A few nights ago my brother-in-law made some really good fried rice, alot of fried rice and I ate it for 2 days, It had pork, chicken and shrimp in it.

• Like 5

Happy Monday!  Enjoying cup #2 :emotion-44:  this morning and it's opening day!  I may or may not have the Braves game streaming in during the afternoon at work... :ph34r:

Hope you are all well!  I'm pretty jealous of all the Hope talk, one day.  I think I would learn more about sound and personalities in one weekend than I could in a lifetime elsewhere.

LOVE the pic of the old radio a few pages back!  I also love their version of eye candy standing next to it.  My great grandmother would probably raise an eyebrow if she saw my grandfather looking at that.

Enjoy the week!

• Like 6

• Moderators

Morning gang...

Ahhhhhhh yes another Monday...... All is good...

Just got back from picking the grandkids up...... they just got on the bus. While I was at my moms house my daughter told me mom just fell asleep fro the the night :huh:

She has been up all night.... just watching TV. She has good nights and bad nights. She said the night wasn't a bad one.... she just didn't sleep...

Not much going on at the shop today... I'll do some shop cleaning.... maybe put some junk on e-bay. I did sell a Suzuki Samurai last Friday. Got some good money for it. Some guy came from the middle of WV to get it. Over four hours away and he drove it away with no tag on it :o.... I'm thinking about selling another one.... It's a real nice one. Some guy brought it to the shop a year or so ago. He could not get it running. It's was a fuel injected and I found it had a bad ECU. I told him to pay my labor for my diagnosis and put a ECU in it. He sad he didn't want to put any more money in it and I should buy it from him. At the time I had three samurai's and didn't need another. He kept saying "make me a offer"............. He wouldn't no for an answer, so hey I low balled him..... He took the offer..... He came to the shop that afternoon with the title... Even when he was at the shop I told him.... Why don't you pay my labor.... tow your truck out of here and you could sell it "as is" for twice the money I'm offering you.....He's like no I'll just take the offer :huh: ...... Hey I tried to save him.... Even The BOSS said "you tried"

OK............. rolling out....... might come home early...... I also didn't sleep good last night...... my brain was crazy last night :blink: ...... I'm always thinking about shitt.... can't shut down some night... any of you guys suffer from that?

Check-in later...

MKP :-)

I love those Samuris. I've been wanting one for a long time. Perfect for running errands!!!

• Like 5

Moved here with my parents at age 14.  Came back after college, it's become home (25 years later...) I am a financial advisor, for fun I chase my 3 yo and 1 yo boys around everywhere.  Thankfully they LOVE music and I am able to make use of the Klipsch hobby er.. habit with them. 

When we travel it's about a 3 1/2 hr flight to Seattle, then the trip starts.  It IS a long way from just about every where!  :)

• Like 6

I noticed you have some big lakes near there. I remember you talking previously about the fish/fishing (Maybe on photography thread?). Anyway, it's just interesting to me how we can all chat on the computer from all around the world. 

Interesting note: One of the most valuable antique car tags to find is a 1924 Alaska. Just in case you have any laying around LOL.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Very-Rare-1924-Alaska-License-Plate-Collectors-/151974089078?hash=item23625c9176:g:cQcAAOSwa-dWtE~k

• Like 6

• Moderators
When we travel it's about a 3 1/2 hr flight to Seattle, then the trip starts.  It IS a long way from just about every where! 

That's very true, my brother in law and his wife just moved from around Fairbanks about 10 months ago, they were there for 20 years and just got tired of the cold. When they left AK it took them weeks to get to California, they were driving a RV , sold business, house and everything else and left.  The got to the South over toward Texas last summer and the heat almost killed them, they are living here now and it's going to be interesting this summer even though he is from here, she is from Hawaii.  

• Like 6

• Moderators

Moved here with my parents at age 14. Came back after college, it's become home (25 years later...) I am a financial advisor, for fun I chase my 3 yo and 1 yo boys around everywhere. Thankfully they LOVE music and I am able to make use of the Klipsch hobby er.. habit with them.

When we travel it's about a 3 1/2 hr flight to Seattle, then the trip starts. It IS a long way from just about every where! :)

So, Hope, AR is just a jump, a hop and a skip for you! :) Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 6

OK............. rolling out....... might come home early...... I also didn't sleep good last night...... my brain was crazy last night :blink: ...... I'm always thinking about shitt.... can't shut down some night... any of you guys suffer from that? Check-in later...

Do you do any exercise?

Yea alot.... I train two three times a week. I run circles around most 25 year old guys. 

It's just how I'm wired..... I can never sit still..... It's hard for me to sit and watch a movie.....even when I listen to music I'm standing..... It's not like I never sit down and relax I'm just always thinking about other shitt I should be doing..I put alot on myself to do too much and The BOSS tells me that all the time. 

• Like 4

I haven't seen one of those for years since moving back to the rust belt, but I remember a time that I rented one on Paradise Island so we could drive around the island and visit the Rum distillery on the opposite side of the island.  Beat the hell out of that vehicle and tried to break it, but it just kept going.  I need a little run around like this again, or maybe a jeep, but would not buy anything that has lived it's life here for sure. 

• Like 6

I love those Samuris. I've been wanting one for a long time. Perfect for running errands!!!

Here Christy I'll be selling the blue one in a few weeks....... The camo one I built for The BOSS a few years ago...

Last time i worked on one of those the rust was so bad i was afraid to lift it up in fear it would break apart.

They use so much salt around here its a wonder anything lasts more than a few years.

• Like 4

Okay, after correcting a wiring mistake regarding the inputs, and help with Maynard drawing up a diagram to wire up the 10K switched pots correctly, (ear bleed circuit) I listened to the amplifier for about 2-3 hours tonight.

The dog didn't seem to care...

DSCN2290.JPG

I had a cat for almost 19 years and, when she didn't like the way an amp sounded, she ran out of the room.  If she stayed on my lap I knew all was well :D.  So, now we'll all wait for the detailed listening report!!!

Maynard

Now that is a great test to see if any amp sounds good, cat test. 

I always enjoy following Mike's and Maynard's build threads and I'm not sure you can find better examples of wiring technique. :emotion-21:  However, I did get a chuckle out of this one since from the picture I can't tell if the dog doesn't care or is actually covering its ears planning a leap for the "ear bleed control knob."  :o

_ living in the midrange while your dog doesn't.jpg

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 6