Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

I love those Samuris. I've been wanting one for a long time. Perfect for running errands!!!

Here Christy I'll be selling the blue one in a few weeks....... The camo one I built for The BOSS a few years ago...

MKP :-)

Love that color blue! Reminds me of the Caribbean!

• Like 6

I love those Samuris. I've been wanting one for a long time. Perfect for running errands!!!

Here Christy I'll be selling the blue one in a few weeks....... The camo one I built for The BOSS a few years ago...

Love that color blue! Reminds me of the Caribbean!

should we hook up a tow dolly for ya?  it could be yours.....

• Like 6

• Moderators

Moved here with my parents at age 14. Came back after college, it's become home (25 years later...) I am a financial advisor, for fun I chase my 3 yo and 1 yo boys around everywhere. Thankfully they LOVE music and I am able to make use of the Klipsch hobby er.. habit with them.

When we travel it's about a 3 1/2 hr flight to Seattle, then the trip starts. It IS a long way from just about every where! :)

So, Hope, AR is just a jump, a hop and a skip for you! :)
hop, skip, jump, a quick flight and a reasonable paddle...

Just look out of curiosity and I can get from Anchorage to Texarkana, AR in just over in a reasonable 15 hours and 14m (5 hrs of layovers) with two stops.  Not bad!

So what is your excuse????

I DROVE 16 hours one way last year!!!

Busted!

Looks like you have no excuses Dave!

• Like 7

Random, but after a large earthquake we had in January the usgs released this video of what a local "high rise" looked liked during the 7.1 quake. They've equipped the building with accelerometers to measure the amount of movement. I think it's remarkable.

https://www.adn.com/article/20160405/how-anchorages-atwood-building-shook-during-january-s-71-quake

• Like 7

• Moderators

I hate when the jeans I wore with comfort last week are a little too tight today.

My motto about my jeans

I wear a size 34

But a 36 feels so good

I go ahead and buy a 38  :D

I haven't seen a 36 since high school  :o  38-40 now :mellow:  

• Like 4

Morning all...

Yessssss............it's Friday.............I don't what the hell that means, cuz I'm working at the shop all the time...... but I like Fridays and it's not like I get paid every Friday. The BOSS makes me sign a check once a month. Then she just take the check :blink:

It's my moms birthday today. We will be going out for dinner tonight.

Not a whole lot going on at the shop today.... Got a few cars to work on for the used car maggots. So it'll be an early day.... I will get the Pilot in the shop before I leave tonight... gonna start putting it back together. Will be picking the cylinder heads up from the machine shop this morning.

OK.... Check-in later..... A good Friday to all

• Like 6

Good morning.  It's Friday.  Opening day at Comerica Park in Detroit.  

There's snow on cars and a forecast of 40s at 1pm game time with precipitation after 4pm.  Whether the weather cooperates, we'll have a good time.  We're dressed for a football game.

I dug out some thermal underwear.  I look like a cross between the Pillsbury Dough Boy and a waffle.  

Our new to Detroit starter, Jordan Zimmerman, grew up on a farm in Wisconsin.  The cold won't bother him.  I'll try to post a photo from our seats.  Go Tigers, beat the Yankees.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 5

Off all weekend and almost time to stop the coffee and typing and get something done, but been sitting in front of the screen for a few hours and listening to some Clapton at the moment so maybe just a few more minutes.

• Like 5

Happy Friday All,

Well its supposed to rain on and off all weekend here in sunny southern California. Time to get some inside chores done. Leaky shower valve to replace, leaky kitchen faucet also needs replacing. Hope I can get a least one of these tasks done without breaking 10 other things. Hard water sucks! Plumbing sucks! Took my wife to the airport yesterday, she's off to see and take care of her Mom in Peru. MIL is still not back to normal after her fall last June. On the brighter side I picked up a third RSW-15 on the way back from the airport. Perhaps I can also get that puppy cleaned up and into the house this weekend.

Cheers

• Like 5