Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Oh shitt.....weather is nuts.....we got ice coming down....WTF....

Yea Rog...it's a 3.5

As far as "leak down" test, this thing is going back together.....the leak down test will be me turning the key to start it. lol lol

The pic looks worse than it is....yea the cross hatch marks are worn off but there's no scoring on the walls that I can feel...... Now if this was a 4 cylinder....yea....pop the pistons out and give them cylinders a little hone...

Hey the Honda gods will be with me.....

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-04440000-1460239039_thumb.j

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 5

Mark, being the Honda fan you are, I have a Honda motorcycle I'll bet you would like. It's a RVT1000r (RC51) It's not made by their normal bike factory, it's made by their racing section, HRC (Honda Racing Corp) RC51 stands for Racing Chassis #51.

It has HRC stampings all over this thing, especially on the magnesium engine block and cylinder heads. It's 1 of a handful of bikes engines with gear driven camshafts, it has a terrific gear whine. And being a big Vtwin, it has that low rumble also. Honda made this bike specifically to compete against Ducati in World Superbike competition. It's pretty rare. 

I really like to work on it, it was put together to come apart easily, unlike most new bikes. 

• Like 5

Well true to form.... can not even get the old leaking shower cartridge out of the valve body in the master shower. The cartridge and body have become one due to the calcium deposits. Part of the cartridge came out the rest remains stuck. Seems like the fact that part of it came out it was broken, don't know how it was working at all. The good news is there are two other showers still working in the house.

• Like 5

A plastic bag with distilled vinegar over the shower head might help loosen things up.

Well true to form.... can not even get the old leaking shower cartridge out of the valve body in the master shower. The cartridge and body have become one due to the calcium deposits. Part of the cartridge came out the rest remains stuck. Seems like the fact that part of it came out it was broken, don't know how it was working at all. The good news is there are two other showers still working in the house.

• Like 4

Ceptor - I owned an RC 51 a couple three years ago, Nickey Edition. Kind of like amps I've owned more bike than I care to list but owning a 'Busa, ZX14, R1, Ducati 998, etc. I found the Nickey the most intimidating. Like you said, built by Honda Racing to compete against the dominant V-twin Ducs, it dominated the Ducs with Hayden aboard.

I owned for less than a couple years then let it go before I killed myself. That bike truly was a beast.

• Like 6

Ceptor - I owned an RC 51 a couple three years ago, Nickey Edition. Kind of like amps I've owned more bike than I care to list but owning a 'Busa, ZX14, R1, Ducati 998, etc. I found the Nickey the most intimidating. Like you said, built by Honda Racing to compete against the dominant V-twin Ducs, it dominated the Ducs with Hayden aboard.

I owned for less than a couple years then let it go before I killed myself. That bike truly was a beast.

To pick the RC51 over those bikes you mentioned is high praise for sure.

Actually is WSBK, Collin Edwards raced against the Ducatis. Nicky mainly raced against the GSXR 1000 in AMA SBK. Hayden won 1 championship, Edwards won 2. To me , those were the good ole days.

• Like 6

Good evening my friends... I am over on RTM playing some classic jazz vinyl with a great group of regulars that have joined in...

I enjoyed the discussions here with the bikes, and MKP engine 'rebuild' as well...

With much tasty vino going down nicely, and after a very successful rehearsal with the band for the Vegas show, it is time to relax on this Saturday evening ...

Here is a shot of Miles Davis 'Kind of Blue' on the Rega rp6 side two which has just concluded....image.jpeg

• Like 5

Actually is WSBK, Collin Edwards raced against the Ducatis. Nicky mainly raced against the GSXR 1000 in AMA SBK. Hayden won 1 championship, Edwards won 2. To me , those were the good ole days.

I'll have to get my dad on this forum.... He doesn't have any Klipsch :emotion-45: ..... But he has a bunch of bikes.... I bet he knows exactly what that bike is..Think I've told a couple of you guys about my dad... He's a nut... Raced up into his late 60's. I think he was about 67 when he stopped... Me and my mom talked him out of it... He raced back in England. My dad was always about racing he was a horse jockey for years.

For me I've never really been into bikes. I like em and think there cool.... I've rode a few in my day and I did like it. But for me it's always been cars. And hell as far as horses you can keep em....

My dad would get me summer jobs on the track.... walking horses and stuff like that.....The day I got bit in the face and kicked in the thigh I knew the horse thing was not for me :blink:

One day I'll tell ya the story when I got caught driving my Chevelle around Pimlico race trace... Yea where they have the Preakness..... It was fun while it lasted :emotion-21:

Later....

• Like 5

I'll have to get my dad on this forum.... He doesn't have any Klipsch :emotion-45: ..... But he has a bunch of bikes.... I bet he knows exactly what that bike is..Think I've told a couple of you guys about my dad... He's a nut... Raced up into his late 60's. I think he was about 67 when he stopped... Me and my mom talked him out of it... He raced back in England. My dad was always about racing he was a horse jockey for years.

For me I've never really been into bikes. I like em and think there cool.... I've rode a few in my day and I did like it. But for me it's always been cars. And hell as far as horses you can keep em....

My dad would get me summer jobs on the track.... walking horses and stuff like that.....The day I got bit in the face and kicked in the thigh I knew the horse thing was not for me :blink:

One day I'll tell ya the story when I got caught driving my Chevelle around Pimlico race trace... Yea where they have the Preakness..... It was fun while it lasted :emotion-21:

Later....

Hey Mark, your Dad sounds like a cool guy, racing anything is a buzz.

I was talking about Honda motorcycles because you're a Honda guy. This is one of the finest engines Honda has ever designed. 

• Like 6

Good afternoon my friends...

Great on the bike topic.... Only thing about Honda and their bike division that I and many fellow riders noticed is......they come up with some fantastic ideas for bikes......produce them, get everyone hooked, and then they discontinue models just when they are catching on!! One example, the Rune !

Ok, here in Music Hall, enjoying a little down time from rehearsals today, taking in a live concert from Berlin once again... (0:

Photos to follow....

• Like 5

.....here is a distant shot of the small orchestra STANDING for the opening piece....image.pngHere is another angle...image.png....now, the next two works coming up are of Beethoven... Cool thing is, the Maestro I know somewhat personally, as we have worked with him at Tanglewood and the Boston Symphony Orchestra! Non other the Seiji Ozawa ! As many may know, he was with the BSO from around 1975 - 2001 He is here today as guest conductor......photos a bit later once he enters the stage with the full orchestra....

• Like 4

......full symphony and chorus for this 'number' (0;image.png....Maestro Ozawaimage.png....chorus..image.png....photo from rear stage left..image.png.....Peterimage.png....a very happy group at the concert's conclusion (0:image.png.....the closing screen per usual at the concert's finish... All for today....image.png

• Like 6