Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

The Martian was a spectacular movie. You will be watching it in a HT correct?  :D

Well not really, we watched it here a couple of weeks ago, not a Ht by far but we did have a waiter constantly bringing drinks which is very handy. :D  

After seeing it I would want to see it at home, thanks for reminding me.

post-9700-0-47800000-1459537448_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Cables, Coffee and Cocktails, so lets get back on point.  I've had a few cocktails, trying to get my workout's in for hope and most of you should focus and do the same.  I'm not going to deal with all the excuses in Hope. 

1.  "I meant to drink more in preparation for Hope, but I forgot.  Booooo Hooooo, Grow up, this isn't a kids event.

2.  "I didn't know there would be alcohol.  BooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooo again, you should read more.

3.   My wife is coming and I.....................................................BoooooooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooooooo, grow a set of balls (and Alice is telling you this too)  I'm not allowed to act like me and be free and who I am when I'm at Hope.  Boooooooooooooooooooooooo Fuc#ing Hoooooooooooooooooooooooo.  (I think that Roger has taken over my soul and I can't be held accountable for what I'm typing)  BTW, all you Pansy's that don't have Klipsch Pro Audio Stacks, Suck the big one.)   I really can't wait to meet you Roger, I know that I won't be the only one with a spotlight shining on me and I'm telling the Police, that you did it and I am just in town for the Church Meeting! 

4.  I didn't know it was this weekend.

Have another cocktail, you're in training!

• Like 6

• Moderators
I think that Roger has taken over my soul

Please say that's an April fools joke  :o  :P

Have another cocktail, you're in training!

I have trained plenty enough over the summer hanging out in AR  7 weeks just over the summer,  I may have over trained at times. :huh:   If that wasn't enough Rodney's group came down here and we all got on a ship for a week after practicing in the bar outside for a couple days first and afterward , I may be at pro level now.   :unsure:​  :blush:  

Yes Rodney on a ship, and yes he wore overalls everyday, even in the Caribbean on a beach, and Leon wore the hat everywhere !  :lol:  You can take them out of AR but you can't take the AR out of them.  :unsure2:

post-9700-0-98520000-1459564236_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

The Martian was a spectacular movie. You will be watching it in a HT correct?  :D

Evening gang...

Well the HT thing....ahhhhh don't really have a HT set-up.... well it's kinda a work in progress. Right now I guess you would call it a 3.1 set-up...  So far I have Forte's for the L/R and the KLF-C7 I got a few months back for the center and some old Yamaha receiver. I also have issues when I hook up any sub... Got a real bad hum.. but only when I try to have a sub while watching a movie. So I guess I have a 3.0 system :wacko:  

All my gear is set up for two channel..... The BOSS is always on me.... she says "with all these amps and speakers you can't do any better than this" :blink: I try to tell her that our system is for two channel stereo.... and all that gear is for a "sound stage"..... she just looks at me....lol lol........  once I pick up on some rear speakers I start to think about a nice HT receiver.... I've had some stuff in my head for some time now.... hell there's always stuff in my head...

Well anyway The Martian was really good... :emotion-21:  :emotion-21: for sure...

Today I got a call from my audio repair guy, I've had two CD players in the shop for about 6 weeks now and today I got some bad new about my Sony ES-801... can't find parts... They called about 3 weeks ago and told me what's up with the unit and how much to fix.......at that time they told be parts are on back order and it'll be a few weeks. Well the main supplier is out of this drive motor and there are no more... I told my man that I have another unit at the house and another ES unit, I asked him if I brought those into the shop could they rob the parts out of them? He's like sure bring em in... Hopefully they have working parts.. If they don't this is going to kill me... I love this old Sony unit it's the one that has the full aluminum platter... it weighs close to 18 lbs... it's got the Rose Wood side panels... still got the box and all the packing.. I got it new some 23 years ago... and it cost me a bundle back then... man I hope it can be fixed.... That unit and my Adcoms and LaScala's were my fist "real" stereo...

Now I did get good news about my Pioneer Elite CD changer. That's fixed... That's also a very nice unit.... but I would rather have my Sony working.... on well it is what it is..

OK gang.... gonna put on another movie.... gonna watch Creed on the bad a$$ 3.0 system :wink:  lol lol

Check-in later...

MKP :-) 

• Like 5