Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning gang...

A happy Easter to all..... We are all going up to moms for dinner this afternoon.... between The BOSS and my eldest daughter they are doing the dinner thing...  Just like most holiday dinners, this is one of those day that I do what ever The BOSS tells me to do ;)

Coffee all done... just getting my shitt together....

A good day to all..

MKP :-)

• Like 6

• Moderators

Smoking chicken, hamburgers hot dogs, nothing fancy also potatoesalad and regular salad. Just the rest of the family coming over. Of course coffee was first.before even lighting the smoker..

Everyone have a good day. 

• Like 5

Happy Easter to All. Just getting up and around, hey its only 9am out here. Coffee brewing, first cup down. Going to  barbeque/grill a couple whole chickens later, maybe throw on a couple steaks near the end. It'll be just me and the better half today(I think) so plenty of leftovers, yum.

Without getting too religious for the forum, God Bless you all this Resurrection Sunday.

• Like 6

Smoking chicken, hamburgers hot dogs, nothing fancy also potatoesalad and regular salad. Just the rest of the family coming over. Of course coffee was first.before even lighting the smoker..

Do your rolling papers get soggy?

• Like 5

• Moderators

Do your rolling papers get soggy?

Always, had to switch to a pipe, it's still very tough to light.

Chicken done and hamburgers cooking now, pork and beans with plenty of bacon cooking, potato salad done with regular salad for the rabbit people.

• Like 5

Morning everyone!

Went to the outlaws for Easter, ate, then went back to sleep and slept most of the day. I had been up for about 30 hours and could not fall asleep, so I popped a couple of Benadryl and Tylenols and it was lights out.

I gotta go get back down now in case they call me in to work today....

Hope everybody has a nice Monday.... Rog

• Like 5

Rog…I come home sometimes too tired to sleep also, sounds crazy huh?

Back in my 20's, I used to work in a freezer at a Grocery Distribution Warehouse. I set a record at working 52 hours straight without going home during an inventory and they asked me to work an additional 12 hours, but I was getting tunnel vision and could only concentrate on the task at hand and not keep track of the workers on the floor around me so I went home as I was driving a straddle. I don't remember any more, but even with pills it took me a long time to get to sleep. It is hard for me to stay awake after 18 to 26 hours, after that, it doesn't matter much.

Rog

• Like 4

Wow….52 hours straight, that sounds dangerous. I have a physical job and I usually sleep like a baby. Sometimes when I'm busy doing mental non physical work like taxes on the computer, billing, designing or figuring a job, I don't sleep as well after these activities. I'll go for a walk, play basketball, or anything that will physically wear me out and I sleep much better. I don't like sleeping pills, they make me feel sluggish the next day.

• Like 4

Wow….52 hours straight, that sounds dangerous. I have a physical job and I usually sleep like a baby. Sometimes when I'm busy doing mental non physical work like taxes on the computer, billing, designing or figuring a job, I don't sleep as well after these activities. I'll go for a walk, play basketball, or anything that will physically wear me out and I sleep much better. I don't like sleeping pills, they make me feel sluggish the next day.

For about the first 24 hours, I was doing case counts on pallets, had to work in pairs and crawl up in the racks and count the physical cases. After that, I was driving straddle, a stand up fork lift that goes 6 bays high and has two legs that straddle either side of the pallet. you have to get off and throw cases to the side of the hole, pull out the old pallet, find out where a full pallet of product is with the telezon, and fill the hole. I was still getting over 100 pallets an hour at 52 hours which is better than a lot of guys get on their regular shift, but because of tunnel vision and not being able to take in what was going on around me, I almost ran into a guy and almost ran into a fork lift as well the last 8 hours?

Roger

• Like 4

Enjoying some "Clubhouse American Cream Ale from the local Griffin Claw Brewing Company. I couldn't resist the cans. The brew is a little to "Bud-like" for my tastes (I prefer something that can't be mistaken for a urine specimen), but it's perfect for getting in the mood for Opening Day, Friday April 8.

My nephews and niece are treating us to Opening Day tickets as a thank you for help with my late sister's estate. I've never been to Opening Day. The tickets are in section 132 behind the Tigers' dugout. Now, if we can just have weather like yesterday, sunny and 60'ish, it'll be great. We'll have a good time no matter what the weather.

Go Tigers!

Isn't it amazing how that beer stays in the glass when tipped on it's side like that?

post-6832-0-04320000-1459207029_thumb.jp

post-6832-0-35800000-1459207037_thumb.pn

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 8