Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Mark, food looks awesome! Seems like it might have been mentioned a few pages back, but how did you almost lose that thumb?

I rolled a truck on the Baltimore beltway..... I was all drunk and "highed" up......

My index finger was ground away....the thumb was ripped off....my middle finger middle joint is fused and my ring finger end joint is fused.....

They put the thumb back on....but it also is fused...

Oh and the truck I rolled was a really nice 71 Ford Bronco.... it "was" nice..... Just glad I'm not 6' under

MKP :-)

At least you can still hitch a ride if need be.

Glad you made it through alive.

• Like 8

Thanks Fjd -- wasn’t sure how many people paid attention, and thanks for the cool video. Tennessee and Bullwinkle are my favorites.

On the thermos thing, I just picked up a stainless steal Stanley. We will give it a chance.

Congratulations on the Stanley; however, I'm sure that along with myself, BigStewMan might also be slightly disappointed you did not go with Bullwinkle or Foghorn Leghorn. :ph34r:

_ _ 1962 Bullwinkle in Space Blue Metal Thermos 03.jpg_ _ 1962 Bullwinkle in Space Blue Metal Thermos 04.jpg

_ _ 1959 Loonie Tunes TV Metal Thermos Glass liner to Lunch box 01.jpg_ _ 1959 Loonie Tunes TV Metal Thermos Glass liner to Lunch box 02.jpg

post-36163-0-53580000-1458846259_thumb.j

post-36163-0-31700000-1458846269_thumb.j

post-36163-0-55220000-1458846278_thumb.j

post-36163-0-49700000-1458846293_thumb.j

post-36163-0-10340000-1458846305_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 7

• Moderators

Those are cool, I remember when I was a kid you could get a set, matching lunchbox and small thermos.

Just think if back then you just bought up sets like that and some of the older toys, it would be a pretty good investment at today's collector prices. 

• Like 4

Those are cool, I remember when I was a kid you could get a set, matching lunchbox and small thermos.

Just think if back then you just bought up sets like that and some of the older toys, it would be a pretty good investment at today's collector prices. 

I had those growing up as well.

Mom always threw everything out that was no longer used. :(

• Like 3

It’s 12:33 am and it’s been a long day; but, a fun one.

My brother and I spent the afternoon messing around Hollywood, then the evening at the Hollywood Bowl watching David Gilmour.  The show was fantastic.

Oh, and the marijuana was free...everyone in the place got a “contact” high--and we’re outdoors mind you.  Can’t recall the last time i saw so many people  toking ... including the old man sitting next to me.  I think he was there with his son because there was a physical resemblance. The son was firing up numerous times and I was thinking “well, i guess the Dad doesn’t care and the Dad must be driving.” Then i notice the pipe getting passed to old guy and he starts hitting it. 

By the way, have i mentioned how much i hate the Hollywood Bowl?  Iconic venue and all that; but, the most inconvenient venue that i’ve ever been to. About 500 yards of walking with very tiny baby steps, people all around you, bumping into you like a pinball machine...and the parking lot is stacked parking--that was ok this time because i went and parked the car four hours before the show, so my car was the first one in front of the exit.

If any of you watch the Jimmy Kimmel show, you saw the back of me walk by on tonight’s show.  They had a camera crew on Hollywood Blvd talking to people as i walked by. Was tempted to photo bomb; but, didn’t. I was too hungry to goof around.

Lastly, Mr. Gilmour kindly did my two favorites...Shine on You Crazy Diamond and Coming Back to Life. I was never a big fan of the song Run Like Hell from The Wall; but, that song really lends itself to a live performance. The concert was complete with lasers and a fireworks show.  David Crosby was there and sang three songs--he butchered Comfortably Numb though.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 10

Im jealous too Steve. He is coming to Chicago, I tried to get tickets but couldn't find any without paying WAY over face value. I saw him with Floyd about 33 years ago, I would love to see him again.

It's a crisp 34 degrees here this morning, another crazy weather shift. Yesterday it was 15 degrees colder 2 hours north of me, and 20 degrees warmer 2 hours south of me.

• Like 6

It's a crisp 34 degrees here this morning

46 here.  Crazy weather.

My wife and daughter are in New Braunfels visiting her Dad. She said it was a little chilly there. At least we're not getting the blizzard like conditions like Wisconsin and Minnesota. 

• Like 6

A beautiful day....overnight rain washed the pollen down a bit leaving the air much fresher.

Breakfast with about ten other geezers....we are a loud group as half are deaf and the others can't hear.

Did not win the Lucky For Life lottery last night :( but have a megamillion ticket for tonight :)

That's about it for now.

• Like 5

Morning gang....

Sounds like a fun night Steve....glad you had a good time.....and enjoy your day off....

Well The BOSS said we were going to be closed today....and we kinds are....but I have to go in and finish two cars for the used car guys....

Aftet I do that I'm gonna work on my Honda Pilot...I still didn't get the engine in it yet..... I'm thinking about changing how I'm going to do this.....instead of swaping the whole engine out I'm thinking about pulling the cylinder heads off and putting the heads on from the replacment engine...it's gonna be a let's less work....I couldn't swap out a set of heads in a afternoon....the price I paid for the replacment engine I couldn't of got a set of heads....

OK gonna roll....keep ya posted....a good Friday to all.....

MKP :-)

• Like 6

• Moderators

Steve glad you and your brother had a good time, if you fail your next drug screen just tell them tou went to the Hollywood Bowl for a David Gilmore concert, they may understand.

• Like 5

• Moderators

A beautiful day....overnight rain washed the pollen down a bit leaving the air much fresher.

Enjoy a few days of nice weather, we will send some more rain in a few days the way it looks.

post-9700-0-81820000-1458935451_thumb.jp

• Like 5