Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Got to google roto rooters to see if I can get roots out of my drainage system......6" corrugated pipe.  What do you think dtel?

Nope, if you get any clearance at all it will be temporary at best.

Hate to say it but if it is roots they will grow back in just a few months, how long is the drain line ?

• Like 4

• Moderators
Most just do it right and replace it once and be done with it.

Depending on where it is and what it's draining into, a low spot or a real drain line he may want to do something a  little different.

I hate drain lines like that, they get clogged with leaves and other junk, if it just drains to another part of the yard to run off I much prefer just a small swail, a ditch with slow sloping sides that can be mowed but naturally flows water. It just depends where it's at and where it goes.

Edit; Now this is a really big one but I needed it to drain alot of water and had plenty of space there, it can not clog.  :lol:

post-9700-0-65820000-1458674212_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

I had clay pipes that needed de-rooting every 4 years at the old house, big Sugar Maple in the front must have had some really deep roots.

Not sure if corrugated pipes would hold up to the power rod bit or not, just not used around here much.

• Like 3