Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

"Would love to know what kind of machine/model number etc???"

That is a Pfaff 130 born in 1953, West Germany. I have several old sewing machines including a 1922 Rocking Arm Singer Patcher, but this Pfaff is by far my favorite. Unfortunately the 130s have been discovered and now bring a premium on Ebay. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PFAFF-130-Heavy-Duty-Industrial-Sewing-Machine-Germany-Leather-Denim-Canvas-GUC/311466382137?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150604093004%26meid%3Dc144cd662ec640c4a8328a6137313b1f%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D131733051578&rt=nc

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 5

Good evening friends......just a quick check in.....   JL, lookin' good there :) 

all else looks great here...............off to start up another work week...   OH, got the KT-88's warmed up, all gear going for my live concert from Berlin, but, for some reason there was a server error to the bluray player....   Went to my main PC and sure enough, YoYoMa LIVE ^_^     There is a good audio system in the studio with the restored Allison 130 3-ways, just had to crawl up to my 19" computer monitor to get into it more ;) ..

Ok, off for the evening............enjoy your week everyone...

...............Gary

• Like 6

• Moderators

"Would love to know what kind of machine/model number etc???"

That is a Pfaff 130 born in 1953, West Germany. I have several old sewing machines including a 1922 Rocking Arm Singer Patcher, but this Pfaff is by far my favorite. Unfortunately the 130s have been discovered and now bring a premium on Ebay. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PFAFF-130-Heavy-Duty-Industrial-Sewing-Machine-Germany-Leather-Denim-Canvas-GUC/311466382137?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150604093004%26meid%3Dc144cd662ec640c4a8328a6137313b1f%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D131733051578&rt=nc

Love vintage machines. Been sewing since I was about eight years old. My grandmother was my inspiration! Does my heart good!!!

• Like 5

My grandmother was my inspiration!

My Great Grandfather brought home a Singer treadle machine by horse and wagon 1910ish. It was a huge investment for them as they were very poor. They literally lived off the land as farmers and later as moonshiners. My Grandmother told the story of its arrival and how they all watched it get unloaded. She described how elated her mother was as it marked the end of hand sewing all their clothes. Anyway, I now have that cool piece of family sewing history.  

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 6

• Moderators

My grandmother was my inspiration!

My Great Grandfather brought home a Singer treadle machine by horse and wagon 1910ish. It was a huge investment for them as they were very poor. They literally lived off the land as farmers and later as moonshiners. My Grandmother told the story of its arrival and how they all watched it get unloaded. She described how elated her mother was as it marked the end of hand sewing all their clothes. Anyway, I now have that cool piece of family sewing history.

I totally relate to this story. My grandmother made all of my clothes until I was in my teens.

I vividly remember her making me flannel nightgown when I was about five years old, all the while warning me not to stand by the open flame heater. Nightgown hadn't been completed five minutes when I backed up to the heater. Needless to say the gown caught on fire...I will never forget the terror in my grandmother's face as she rushed to put the fire out.

How I miss the love she always showed me.

• Like 6

I remember being young (both parents died when i was 8 so it had to be before then), i was sent to bed and thought that i saw a shadow at my bedroom door. I called for help and my Grandmother told me it was the devil coming to get me. She did love me though.

• Like 7

• Moderators

I remember being young (both parents died when i was 8 so it had to be before then), i was sent to bed and thought that i saw a shadow at my bedroom door. I called for help and my Grandmother told me it was the devil coming to get me. She did love me though.

I can't even like on that. How incredibly sad. My nanny "grandmother" was a very religious woman. She saw to it that we attended church regularly, regardless of my mother and father's lifestyle. I once got a Bible with my name engraved on it for attending church every Sunday for a year straight while living with my grandmother.

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 7