Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Send a letter?

I know you'll be able to convey sincere condolences while asserting your claim to your deck.

Yes good idea, the family probably has no idea who those things belong to and would appreciate any help.

Try calling again also, if available leave a message

Edited by dtel
  • Like 5

Chuck--i don’t think there is a way to get your stuff back without an awkward moment first. I think a simple card with condolences and mention that you were a customer of the husband’s. Apologize for the awkwardness of asking; and tell her when she’s ready to deal with the electronic equipment to give you a call.

I eat at this Mom & Pop Chinese place down the street. For the past many months, i don’t see the Pop around anymore--just the wife & son.  I’m worried that he died; but, am to embarrassed to ask. 

Speaking of awkward, (disclaimer:  my family is a bit strange) my Aunt and her brother hadn’t spoken in 15 years or so. Her brother is my Godfather. At the funeral home, she tells me that if her brother shows up that she wants me to tell him to leave that he’s not welcome there. I look at my brother and say, “what do I do? Disobey the request of a grieving widow or tell my Godfather to get lost?”  Thankfully, he didn’t show up.  One day at the cemetery, my Aunt sees her sister-in-law there. She tells me that she wonders if her brother died and nobody told her. Instead of going up to her sister-in-law, she decides to go to the cemetery office, give her brother’s name, and ask if he’s buried there.  he wasn’t...he was still alive. 

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 7

BigStewMan, Your family isn't strange at all, I couldn't help but chuckle at this.... :) :) :)

One day at the cemetery, my Aunt sees her sister-in-law there. She tells me that she wonders if her brother died and nobody told her. Instead of going up to her sister-in-law, she decides to go to the cemetery office, give her brother’s name, and ask if he’s buried there.  he wasn’t...he was still alive.

• Like 6

Afternoon gang....

Yea Chuck.....that's a awkward situation......good luck with that...

Got some afternoon coffee going on....The BOSS made s pot alittle while ago....

Nice warm sunny day out.....bay doors are open.....the afternoon train was going by so I snapped a pic of it. I can hear them a good 1/4 mile away....they blow there horns as they go buy the shop...we always wave to em.....kinda cool....

Wrapping the day up.....heading over to the school tonight to watch my grandaughter sing...should be fun....

Check-in later....

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-40920000-1458339746_thumb.j

• Like 7