Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

It'll be tough for Jake though, since he doesn't have thumbs…

True no thumbs makes it tough, a friend is missing a thumb, screws things up more than you would realize. But for him it's not his biggest problem, he's crazy, but fun, can you tell ?  :lol:

post-9700-0-62720000-1458357891_thumb.jp

• Like 5

True no thumbs makes it tough

I had to have my thumb put back on my left hand when it got ripped off....It's fused but I can still grip thinks....Like tools and car parts.... That's a good thing.... I'll give it a thumbs up :emotion-21: 

They said if my thumb will not stay on they would take my big toe and put it on for a thumb.... I would give that a thumbs down :emotion-45:  

MKP :-)

• Like 6

Burnt my tongue on the third cup, so I waited for it to cool, now finishing it up. My plan tonight is to enjoy some cocktails (straight whiskey) and pull some cables for my next stage of my project.

Where are the pictures of this alleged project?

Ok a couple, just cause you asked.

I ran some rg59 for my interconnect.

390c7871b4e37c0b06008f0395827d07.jpg

I just received the Brystons the other day from JWC.

a397ab1bafa9b408a4466d28aa553da4.jpg

The horn in the center goes on top of the Lascala, which will be my center. I added some braces and gave it a fresh coat of paint (which i need to work on). I applied some water based poly to give some added protection. This made them a little shinier than i wanted, but still looks good.

By the way its hard to paint inside the dog house area. Oh and i routered out one of the cavities in the back to add binding post.

532facf12e7154fed378ba07c532a801.jpg

4dbb387c1c2c57e199e3adb8bbf2120c.jpg

I have materials to build a pair of Belle bass bins which will be my left and right.

I must say even though the center horn is not hooked up. It sounds as if all the audio is coming from it. These amps are sounding pretty good. I need to play with eq and adjust the gain, as there is alot of floor noise.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 9

• Moderators
They said if my thumb will not stay on they would take my big toe and put it on for a thumb.... I would give that a thumbs down   

Good thing they didn't have to do that, from what I hear missing a big toe can throw off your balance pretty bad, you would have been really messed up. 

• Like 6

• Moderators

Duder, that looks nice, it should sound great, is that a spud sub or the bigger models with the same design ? Nice size space, I love the way a good size room sounds, it gives everything a little room to breathe.  :emotion-21:  

• Like 5

They said if my thumb will not stay on they would take my big toe and put it on for a thumb.... I would give that a thumbs down   

Good thing they didn't have to do that, from what I hear missing a big toe can throw off your balance pretty bad, you would have been really messed up. 

He didn't tell us what body part the doctor was going to use to replace his big toe :D

• Like 6

He didn't tell us what body part the doctor was going to use to replace his big toe :D

Have you ever seen the one armed violinist seen from Hollywood Knights?

Roger

• Like 6

Duder, that looks nice, it should sound great, is that a spud sub or the bigger models with the same design ? Nice size space, I love the way a good size room sounds, it gives everything a little room to breathe.  :emotion-21:  

Thanks, yes it is a spud sub, I have two more drivers and enough wood to build a second.  The room is approximately 30' deep, with the bar area towards the back (its under construction).  But when back there the sound really opens up.  Its one of my favorite places to hang out in and enjoy music.

On a coffee note  I decided to try Gevalia dark royal roast.  I must say I am not impressed.  So far to this day the best k cup I have found is good old Foldgers gourmet dark roast.

• Like 6

• Moderators
Thanks, yes it is a spud sub, I have two more drivers and enough wood to build a second.  The room is approximately 30' deep, with the bar area towards the back (its under construction).  But when back there the sound really opens up.  Its one of my favorite places to hang out in and enjoy music.

I built a spud also, I love it, it even keeps up with the MWM's when crossed at 40hz.  I thought about building another, for one on each side but never got around to it because there is no shortage of bass with just the pone, maby one day ?

I use it for HT also with the forte ll's and with the forte's set to small and the spud running the bass is really good for movies. It's amazing how much output can be had with that design with 2 small drivers and it fits pretty tight along a wall.

• Like 5

Wife went to a craft show and I am presently eating an Amish made black Raspberry pie.... YUMMY! :D

that cheese looks good as well there Wolfbane1

Roger

Its really an excellent quality Cheddar Cheese. As good as the best Cheddar's from the UK, Wisconsin or Oregon. At $22/30 oz can its a steal and will last forever aging slowly in the can until open. 

• Like 5