Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

File cabinet for a smoker, you're a genius. :ohmy:

Now i need myself one of those.

Now that's redneck, but really why wouldn't it work if it has the right size intake and exhaust.

• Like 4

It's Friday afternoon after one biatch of a workday so I thought me and the girl chick would drive out on some Texas back roads and listen to some tunes while I mix a drink

post-19886-0-28900000-1460756820_thumb.j

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 7

Good evening my friends...

It's been a few days since I posted......Just a bunch of shitt going on........ been keeping up on what's been going on here and around...

1st......Luther my man that was bad a$$ hail...OMG...Ya know I was in San Antonio way way back around 1983. I was in the Army stationed at Ft Bliss in El Paso TX. Our unit had to play soldier... We had to fly out to Ft Sam Houston In San Antonio. Well a few day before we got there they had a massive hail storm. A bunch of us were walking around the bass and we could not believe the damage to the cars. I had never seen anything like it. Yea it was crazy... The best of luck to ya my man....

yea ChuckAb3 has not been here for awhile.... also have not heard from BigStewMan... hope all is OK with em ;)

I must say those chickens look good in that file smoker..... got get me one for sure....

OK the update on mom.... We had to put mom in the hospital Tuesday... she was not doing good at all... she couldn't even get up... On the good days it's hard for her to get up... But she was in alot of pain and she really couldn't tell us a whole lot.. She is doing alot better now and should be coming out tomorrow. She had a UTI infection... and what I understand is this can really affect someone with alzheimer's..... This past Monday morning I don't think she knew who I was....

With seeing mom health go down that quick we (me and The BOSS) have decided that we can't go to Hope... We can't be that far away and have something happen. My eldest daughter has been looking after mom since the day The BOSS's dad past. My eldest daughter is a Trooper she has steeped up to the plate and it is incredible what she has been doing... but this past week has been really tough on her. It wouldn't be right to leave and be that far away and something happens and she needs us. So yea it does suck cuz me and The BOSS really wanted this to happen and even our eldest daughter was excited for us. But it's OK..... there will be more trips to Hope but there's only one mom...We must do what we must do...

The Shop..... OMG.... This has been the slowest the shop has ever been.... Up until Tuesday we have had just four or five jobs in the shop.... the used car guys gave me some work... but those guys don't make my bills. I even called my snap-on-tool guy to get a feel of what happening with other shops around town. He made me feel alot better telling me that alot of shop are really slow...Anyway the phone started ringing Tuesday and by Wednesday I booked a weeks worth of work... I got home a 10:00 PM last night and got home around 9:00 PM tonight and still got a bunch of stuff for tomorrow. Will also be working Saturday.... man I gotta get it while it's there.

OK gang.... I'll check-in later

Hey this is what we came home to last night...... Stoney's brother "Boney" did this :o ... give me a min for the pic..

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-01500000-1460778919_thumb.j

post-58704-0-54460000-1460778939_thumb.j

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 6

Mark, sorry to hear about mom. I lost my mother to Alzheimer's about 4 years ago, she died last year. It is a very tough road and for some reason the UTI's throw them into a tail spin and they keep recurring. I was lucky to have two sisters and two brothers to help shoulder the burden. I know how much you and BOSS were looking forward to Hope. There will be more events in your future. As Jackson Brown said, "you're one or two years and couple of changes behind me", with what you are going through. I feel your pain and wish you all the best. Take care of mom and each other.

• Like 8

• Moderators

Sorry to hear this, I hope she is back to normal soon, I think she has gone through enough without this kind of thing.

Glad you have some work coming in, slow times are the bad part about being self employed but you apparently have a good  reputation so work will come, not always steadily is the bad part.

Good luck, things always work out. 

• Like 6

Hello my friends.........just catching up...

Also wishing good thoughts for Mark and his mom !   Sadly you will not be traveling to Hope....  I would like to attend next year, I think it would be fun to meet you all should you attend..

Ok, it IS the weekend and I am about to sit back in Music Hall and take in yet another LIVE from Berlin concert, this will be a nice one.

It is about to start, more details and photos shortly..

Take care everyone.............enjoy your spring and Saturday afternoon  :)

............Gary

• Like 6