Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

29 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Martini number two.  Hunkered down and waiting for the tropical storm/hurricane to get here manana.  Was here for Hazel (1954) so don't think I'll worry much about Hermine.

Wile you are hunkered down for impending doom, you know lightning and all that, We all know to stay away from windows and open spaces.

Well im afraid you are not so lucky this time, i PM'd you the UPS tracking number for the goodies.

Now you have a reason for looking out the window.........:wub2:

12366391_935375146498477_8685389359961863882_n.jpg

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Got some of these for my brother-in-law in from Charlotte, NC and to take to my brother this weekend.  You can take the boys out of Detroit but you can't take the Detroit out of the boys, neither can you erase a fondness for Stroh's, just recently brewed again in the Motor City.

image.jpeg

15 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Got some of these for my brother-in-law in from Charlotte, NC and to take to my brother this weekend.  You can take the boys out of Detroit but you can't take the Detroit out of the boys, neither can you erase a fondness for Stroh's, just recently brewed again in the Motor City.

image.jpeg

When i was a Youngin, dad used to ship me to St Joe Mich, along with luggage i was tasked with carrying a FULL sized Golf bag, FULL of Coors.

Coming back from Mich, i was tasked with carrying the same Golf Bag filled with Stroh's:o

Little did i know at the time i was a "Drug Mule" at age 10.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Nor have I Carl. I'll hoist one in your honor.  Remember how Klinger on M*A*S*H was always talking about Stroh's and Tony Packo's?

I used to drink them back in the day when I lived in upstate NY.  Seems like a lifetime ago.  wait....................it was.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, minermark said:

i was tasked with carrying a FULL sized Golf bag, FULL of Coors.

Remember when they had the 2 round tabs on the top to push in to open it?  One to drink out of and one for the vent.  They quit using that style as people kept cutting they're fingers opening the cans.  There was no tab, you pushed the "openers" straight in to the can.  Back in the late 70's Coors was like gold where we lived.  Hard to find and REALLY expensive.  They advertised refrigerated trucks for transport which certainly wasn't the norm at the time.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Remember when they had the 2 round tabs on the top to push in to open it?  One to drink out of and one for the vent.  They quit using that style as people kept cutting they're fingers opening the cans.  There was no tab, you pushed the "openers" straight in to the can.  Back in the late 70's Coors was like gold where we lived.  Hard to find and REALLY expensive.  They advertised refrigerated trucks for transport which certainly wasn't the norm at the time.

I remember "PullTabs" on the cans.

But what i really REMEMBER was dragging that dam GolfBag through OHare.

• Like 4

Alright, im a little busy here.

Went out to home depot earlier today for a light bulb for the Lathe.

$370 bucks later..........Halloween stock just hit the floor, and China has been doing some engineering.

When i watched the Anamatrioncs action of some of these, my mind was dialing on on the mechanics.

I bought a few, iv got a month plus to "PLAY", my way.

Will post before and after pic's, RE-Engineering of said products.     

Retirement, i can and do, what i want,  when i want, wherever i want.

13244638_1017480851621239_6380353412331816893_n.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

image.jpeg

Edited by Pete H
I wasn't done.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Martini number two.  Hunkered down and waiting for the tropical storm/hurricane to get here manana.  Was here for Hazel (1954) so don't think I'll worry much about Hermine.

Dont forget to throw on some on James McMurtry while you hunker down:

• Like 4

I consider Stroh's my hometown brew, since we had an operation just outside of Allentown.  Now I can't stand it, but then again, I was 18 and we drank rolling rock, old Milwaukee, Iron City, Pabst, and even Genny Cream Ale. 

I don't know what all of you are doing for the holiday weekend, but I just got through rubbing my butt, both cheeks, and let me tell you that it not only felt good, but it smelled good too, I'm talking good enough to eat.  I would invite all of you to not only see my but, but imagine smelling it.  ROTFLMAO for sure.  Hope you all have a great weekend and you don't end up with your butts in the air.

rubbing my butts 9-1-16.jpg

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Boy I remember those, it was my favorite for a good while, forgot about them. 

• Like 4

As is often the case....the day before and after is beautiful.  We just had a quick dinner and a bike ride.  I may go over to her place for the storm to see how the creek next to her house does about flooding.  But there is also the Jakester to contend with and I can only leave him inside for so long:mellow:

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

As is often the case....the day before and after is beautiful.  We just had a quick dinner and a bike ride.  I may go over to her place for the storm to see how the creek next to her house does about flooding.  But there is also the Jakester to contend with and I can only leave him inside for so long:mellow:

"I can only leave him inside for so long"

Reading that, and thought where in the hell have i heard that before......oh yeah, overheard the wife on the phone one day :laugh:

13886847_1278111088890231_8536949838469755394_n.jpg

• Like 6

Quick sit down break. wife pleased with Bay purchase(s) of "TeaPot(s)"

Buyin the hell out of RV parts lately, wife finely ask me "Whats in the Box?"

Told her new screens to keep the bugs/critters out. a Mr Rodgers moment follows, sensed she kind of wanted a box of her own.

Family room Pc, pulled up and bookmarked the "Bay". she say's thank you.

Anymore "Teapots" and im building potshelfs.

• Like 5