I Love Ketchup

BigStewMan

Just thought you'd all like to know. Most cooks complain when i ask for it; but, i just tell them to take it as a compliment…I wouldn't waste perfectly good ketchup on lousy food. Oh yeah, and don't even bring catsup to house--i'll throw it on the floor!

Some times on meatloaf. As a kid of about twelve or so we hung out at the fishing pier at Wrightsville Beach. The concession stand served fries right out of the deep fat fryer, salted and peppered, with catsup. After a day of swimming the fries were as Barney would say "the cats"!

As for spending money we would sift the sand under the board walk arcade games and usually find enough for fries and a drink.

Those were the days...leave home in cut off blue jeans, no shoes, penniless. Stand on the white line to keep our feet from burning as we hitch hiked to the beach, spend the whole day...not a care in the world.

• Like 2

I am not a big fan of sugar and tomatoes... the only time I EVER use it is on my spam when eating it with white rice and Meatloaf, otherwise I never touch the stuff.

French Fries get either plain, Mustard or dipped into my Chocolate Shake (< this is actually the best!)

I am not a big fan of sugar and tomatoes... the only time I EVER use it is on my spam when eating it with white rice and Meatloaf, otherwise I never touch the stuff.

French Fries get either plain, Mustard or dipped into my Chocolate Shake (< this is actually the best!)

A man of impeccable taste I see.

I can't eat regular ketchup anymore. There is an organic brand called Simple Truth. I stumbled on it looking for something without corn syrup in it. I have 4 backups in my pantry.

This stuff is so good. I just love the stuff and we go through a lot of it.

My wife makes baked onion rings and broiled french fries with a bunch of spices. So much better than regular deep fried. No greasy stomach ache here. They taste like onions and potatoes with spices and are crunchy just liked the fried food. Really good stuff and healthy too.

Here is the Ketchup:

http://www.simpletruth.com/products/condiments-spreads/condiments/organic-tomato-ketchup/

Edited by tigerwoodKhorns

Once in my twenties, I woke up from a particularly bad (or good) night consuming mass quantities of legal beverages. I walked downstairs where one of my roommates was putting ketchup on his eggs. Despite my best effort, I lost all of the previous nights refreshments on the kitchen floor. I have never been able to watch anyone put ketchup on eggs since then.

I can't eat regular ketchup anymore. There is an organic brand called Simple Truth. I stumbled on it looking for something without corn syrup in it. I have 4 backups in my pantry.
Heinz Organic used to be really good. Clearly a different recipe. Then sometime around 2011 it started tasting suspiciously like their "regular" ketchup, which I can't stand because it burns my mouth. I brought home some of those little fancy ketchup packets from a restaurant to compare against and sure enough, tasted just the same. :angry: I'll have to try some of that Simple Truth.
Horsraddish and mustard,,,It,l blow the wax out of your ears..I mean real shaves of horsraddish..
range-english-mustard-packshot.png
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, on a Hot Dog!
Mustard is the only substance that can make those Vienna Beef "thingies" palatable.

Real wieners, like from Nueske's, StoneRidge, or Olsen's don't require drowning in the yellow stuff. :ph34r:

Heinz now makes a Simply Heinz brand where no corn syrup is used. It tastes more like the ketchup of our youth. Hunts makes one as well. I'm not a big fan of ketchup but I do use it as a base for cocktail sauce for seafood.

I tried the hunts w/out corn syrup. It tase the same as the regular. I think the recipe is different on the simple truth. My wife made onion rings and fries today and I just ate a bunch of it. Good stuff.

I can't eat regular ketchup anymore. There is an organic brand called Simple Truth. I stumbled on it looking for something without corn syrup in it.
Thanks for the tip--i'll give it a whirl--i'm not a big fan of sugar; but, didn't President Reagan say Ketchup was a vegetable. I just love the stuff…oh yeah, love mustard too.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, on a Hot Dog! :)

One of the FEW things i don't put ketchup on is a hot dog. Although i'm 87.4 % vegetarian now-I never put Ketchup on a Hot Dog. I put in on potato salad, macaroni salad, in my soup, all pasta dishes--to me Ketchup is magic food.