SOLD and picked up: THT Horn Subwoofer in Indy

ClaudeJ1

It's the 24 wide version. 15" driver, super efficient. This Super Sub is one of the main reasons horn Subs have such a good reputation. Was $495, now..............$375 by the guy who bought it. See last few posts.

post-20774-0-95160000-1395461473_thumb.j

Edited by ClaudeJ1
  • Like 2

Well if you value your time at a dollar an hour, you can build your own, but it's nice to be able to just plug one in and enjoy superior bass. The efficiency of this thing is pretty amazing. 10 watts at 20 Hz. will move window panes. Just be careful not to piss off your neighbors.

Edited by ClaudeJ1

I have driven up to 1500 miles round trip myself for Klipsch and various other speakers. Good chance to listen to books on CD/tape or music in the car in whatever media you use, but shipping is cheaper.

Let's say you can ship 150 lbs of speaker for $1.50/pound. That's $225 plus packing materials (sometimes free when re-used). At $4.00/gallon for fuel and 20 mpg. highway, (car/trailer or truck/SUV) How far can you drive and break even?

The answer is about 600 miles one way. Which can be done in one day with 2 drivers (friend or spouse and no hotel).

I've done it and..................I'm just sayin'............

Edited by ClaudeJ1

Road trips are good. I drove from Knoxville to Chicago (about 11/12 hours one way as I recall) Took about a week to do it stopping by to visit some old friends in Indy as well as some other friends in Cincinnati.

Of course, they all thought I was nuts but what the heck... life's an adventure.

• 2 weeks later...

Im so frickin close to you ClaudeJ1 you even drove right past my house when you moved i just wish i had room. It would match my belles perfect sound and color next year when i move. im trying to save money too. that $100 price drop is killing me. glws!

• Like 3

You can't get much more bang for your buck than this. Why in the world is it still for sale?

Long story on that. But you are right about "BANG" for the buck. 10 Watts through this thing at 20 Hz. will allow you find all kinds of loose doors, picture frames, glass panes, air ducts, etc. all over your house. LOL

Oh, and it kicks royal bootie on music too. LOL. Great match for Belle or LaScala because it will go higher than 100 Hz., unlike a tapped horn which maxes out at about60-70 hz.

Where are we located? Is it still available?

Yes, but I have two other inquiries, which I have responded to. So you would be 3rd in line. Indianapolis location. Worth a trailer rental or buying gas for a buddy with a truck. I strapped it to my car trunk when I got it. It was worth it. Plus when you come and get it, you get to hear my now famous Quarter Pie Horn Stack with the Jube top end and Super Spuds. Bring your test CD's.

Edited by ClaudeJ1