The Paul and Valerie Klipsch Museum

J M O N

It's disappointing that the "Who was Paul Wilbur Klipsch?" placard makes no mention of Belle Klipsch, PWK's first wife. Had she not taught school during the early lean years at Klipsch & Associates to keep food on the table, we would not be experiencing this great forum and the legacy of PWK.

I suspect the text of the "history" would read differently if PWK were still alive. How does the museum explain the naming of the Klipsch Belle?

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 3

I'd like to know more about Ms. Belle Klipsch, the first wife of PWK.

He obviously had some affections for her, naming a speaker for her.

I'm also curious to know why the Belle speaker was "dumped" in favor of the decidedly less visually appealing LaScala?

Perhaps someone that knew her or her story can chime in(?)

Edited by John Warren
  • Like 1

I'd like to know more about Ms. Belle Klipsch, the first wife of PWK.

He obviously had some affections for her, naming a speaker for her.

I'm also curios to know why the Belle speaker was "dumped" in favor of the decidedly less visually appealing LaScala?

Perhaps someone that knew her or her story can chime in(?)

I too share your interest in Belle. I believe that the answer to your query lies in the plaque shown in post 25. There should only be one name not two. I expect that you can imagine what happened. I have chatted with a few who were around who said much changed when Valerie came on the scene. Best regards Moray James.

post-44375-0-15620000-1398523076_thumb.j

Edited by moray james

Thanks for posting, great pictures! The info on the sign about the Jubilee not being produced should be updated. :)

I mentioned that to the lady that was showing us the museum and she quickly replied that "They are not the same." So I left it at that.

Edited by JMON
  • Like 1